Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Walk in Pantry

Page 1 of 1
Hey H1 family...would appreciate input on our WIP I added a bench to one side but not sure how the shelving will fit around it now. We are about to sign our contract so want it to be sorted

So this first pic is the original pantry...we moved the fridge space to allow more space for the bench

This is it now...do you think it will look weird having just the fridge next to a blank wall? I'm keeping the overhead cupboard above the fridge and made it 1m wide to allow double door fridge. We added a couple of GPO's to pantry too. I'm not sure what to add inside as the standard pantry just came with four shelves all the way around..it'll look weird to have shelving meeting the bench? Should I put base cupboards or drawers under it also? Didn't bother adding a sink as I don't think I'll ever wash up in the cupboard...but the bench will be handy for a landing zone and for appliances.

I would definitely add cupboards below the bench; never have too much storage space, and would also add cupboards or shelves about the bench as it will look vacant.

One thing I did notice was your laundry run directly off your kitchen. Do you really want to be drudging through the kitchen every time you need to take dirty clothes to the laundry?
Hey Aussie...thank you! I would love some rustic timber shelving able the bench actually but might do that post handover...but I'll ask them to price up cabinetry under maybe. Or a bank of drawers maybe...the laundry doesn't really bother us...where we are renting now the laundry is off the kitchen and never even think about it to be honest. Our old home that we sold had an external laundry so I guess we are just happy to have it inside lol Spent tonnes of time in our display and it doesn't look or feel weird at all. Having said that I did briefly entertain the idea of stealing space from the garage as a mud room and laundry but our double glazing costs took precedence.

Which house design is this and from which builder?

Related
9/04/2024
Proposed walk in linen

Renovation + Home Improvement

Do you really want to accommodate the window? What is on the outside of the window? Do you want to be able to see your towels from outside? I would blank the window from…

21/03/2024
Heated vertical towel rail at the end of a walk-in shower

Bathrooms and Laundry

Electrical just got back to me and said the most they can provide is a single power point on the Bedroom 1 side of that wall. After handover, your towel rail installer…

22/05/2023
Pantry Shelves

Kitchen Corner

Basically. If the shelves are fixed then they will be screwed in just the same as the rest of the carcass. To re move the screws you need to remove that section of…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum