Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Hunter Valley Build -Post Handover Journey Begins :)

Page 41 of 51
DreamHome2point0
Today we have the driveway being excavated & SS is coming back to sort out the bath hobs. Electrician and plumber booked tomorrow to install our oven and baths.

This mirror has been in storage for way too long! So glad to have it back in our home 😍

That mirror is AMAZING!
lozza81
DreamHome2point0
Today we have the driveway being excavated & SS is coming back to sort out the bath hobs. Electrician and plumber booked tomorrow to install our oven and baths.

This mirror has been in storage for way too long! So glad to have it back in our home 😍

That mirror is AMAZING!

Thanks, I've had it for a while now. I had to have it when I seen it. So glad it's out of storage and on display again ?

Apologies for no updates over Chrissy. We've been super busy entertaining our house guests. Not much has happened at our place, still no bath yet and no one has been in contact with us in regards to our fix up list. There not too much that needs to be seen to but my main concern is the bath.
We painted our trimmings for our floor with the touch up paint that was left, only to realize that it was the wrong white. We picked vivid white and the touch up that we were left with was lexicon? What a waste of 2 days painting!
On the upside, our driveway was poured before chrissy and we have managed to do a little retaining wall out the back and some drainage.
We have a digger booked in two weeks to come and prep our yard for turf and drill out our holes for the front retaining wall. (20m long x 609mm high x2)
Can't wait to get stuck into the yard.

I promise I'll upload some pics soon 😁

Our retaining wall that Hubs and I built...

Just need to order some garden soil and plant our plants. It's going to be a tropical/succulent garden, the kind that thrives on neglect 😂

Still sounds like you've been nice and busy, the retaining wall looks great. It must be good to start seeing things taking shape.
surtees
Still sounds like you've been nice and busy, the retaining wall looks great. It must be good to start seeing things taking shape.

Thanks surtees. Yes I feel like we've been so busy but accomplishing nothing lol.
No rush on the yard though, we will get there, I'm just so happy to be in our new home 😊

You did great with the retaining wall. How frustrating b with the bath and all that pai ring. How weidrd that they left you the wrong colour. They didn't actually paint it in the wrong colour to begin with did they???

Good on you with the retaining wall!! That's a stellar effort! Sucks about the painting. I feel i'll be joining you soon in repainting!

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Becs Coral
You did great with the retaining wall. How frustrating b with the bath and all that pai ring. How weidrd that they left you the wrong colour. They didn't actually paint it in the wrong colour to begin with did they???

Thanks Bec. I did a mean job at mixing the concrete in the barra too 😉
We have a tin of vivid white that we bought for our previous home so we are going to repaint the trimmings with that and see if it matches.

MrsJM
Good on you with the retaining wall!! That's a stellar effort! Sucks about the painting. I feel i'll be joining you soon in repainting!

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581

Thanks Mrs. It's only a little retaining wall but I'm pretty proud of both our efforts. Hubs is an absolute perfectionist so it's very straight. He stilk keeps picking it's faults out though.
Oh painting is the worst. My back was so sore after painting those trimmings 😭

I love me a good before and after shot...

Love the before and after shot what a great idea!

that's an awesome idea!
Love love love. How great does that look. You have such a great idea for styling!!

Thanks everyone 💓
I remembered taking the photo of the living area when it was just framed and thought it would be good to have a before and after shot, hehe.
It's really feeling like home now. I'm so relaxed and "at home". Absolutely loving it 😊

DH your house looks fabulous!!!

Ryalls_first_build
DH your house looks fabulous!!!

Thanks Ryalls, so does yours! 😊

O K A Y P H O T O T I M E ! ! !

Kitchen, Living & Dining.
kitchen
Related
24/01/2024
My granny flat build journey

Owner Builder Forum

Any advice on how to ensure the kit home granny flat that im thinking of buying will get council approval. The kit home companys wont release plans without a deposit and…

14/11/2023
NCC - Roof Valley - Does this comply?

Building A New House

thanks guys! yes this is how I've exactly raised it with the builder. still awaiting response.

23/05/2023
Security Account for Post Contract Variations??

Building A New House

It seems very clear to me that your contract states that a security account does NOT need to be established so the answer to the builder is NO. If in doubt find a contract…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum