Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Dennis Family Homes

Page 19 of 31
House painted, stone benches in and wet areas waterproofed

Looks amazing!! That door - drool!
Lenz88

Hehe thanks lenz. Any word on your plans?

rtforresters
Lenz88

Looking fabulous RT! The next jobs seem to take the longest.

The guy installing my alarm today told me our house has been built really well. Good to hear!

Any news Lenz?

rondy
rtforresters
Lenz88

The guy installing my alarm today told me our house has been built really well. Good to hear!

Any news Lenz?

That's good to hear Rondy!

No news yet! Argh!! Admin is SO frustrating!
rondy
rtforresters
Lenz88

Any news Lenz?

That's really good to hear Rondy. Our tiler is booked for friday so cant wait to see the tiling

The admin part was a good 1yr for us coz we changed our minds so much lol hope they come back with some good news for you Lenz

Have been looking around and comparing as people do and I have to say that I'm impressed with these guys.
We'll more than likely lock in the Kimberly 30 or biggest Cosgrove this weekend with the biggest of the current options in the promotion which ends Sunday.
Not letting 'promotions' sway me, but I'd be crazy to not lock it in when I plan to sign up in the coming weeks anyway.
The sales rep we have been dealing with at Bendigo is a gun. He's gone above and beyond and they are lucky to have him.

This will be the third time I have built (AV Jennings, JG King previously ) and I have a great feeling about this one.
Very excited.
rattleAU
Have been looking around and comparing as people do and I have to say that I'm impressed with these guys.
We'll more than likely lock in the Kimberly 30 or biggest Cosgrove this weekend with the biggest of the current options in the promotion which ends Sunday.
Not letting 'promotions' sway me, but I'd be crazy to not lock it in when I plan to sign up in the coming weeks anyway.
The sales rep we have been dealing with at Bendigo is a gun. He's gone above and beyond and they are lucky to have him.

This will be the third time I have built (AV Jennings, JG King previously ) and I have a great feeling about this one.
Very excited.

Hi rattle, welcome to the forum. It's good to hear from another dfh client. There's not many of us on the forum compared to other builders. Hope you have a smooth admin and building experience.

rattleAU
rtforresters
Hi rattle, welcome to the forum. It's good to hear from another dfh client. There's not many of us on the forum compared to other builders. Hope you have a smooth admin and building experience.

G'day and thanks very much.

We are officially, kind of on the DFH path... as in, we have paid the deposit, so we are pretty much on our way.
We are going the Devonport 363 with colourbond roof and are still deciding on the Provincial facade with colours to suit the country location or the Vogue for a more modern look.

The block sale won't settle til first week of June.

The rep at Bendigo has been amazing.
He's worked so hard on all our requests (6 kids) and our budget and has had some great suggestions.
He came in 3 hours early today to walk us through the display (not Devenport) and pick apart every room and feature and help us work out everything in detail. We are stoked.

Really looking forward to the journey ahead of us.

You have a bit of time to think about colour choices. Make sure you visit all the suppliers before going to your colour appointment. My colour consultant didnt upsell anything and only showed me the standards so if you want something out of the norm, do your research before going

Went tile shopping the other day and picked out the tiles for the laundry and pantry splashback. I can't wait to see them tiled. The tiler is starting the walls on monday.

rtforresters
Went tile shopping the other day and picked out the tiles for the laundry and pantry splashback. I can't wait to see them tiled. The tiler is starting the walls on monday.

Love the tiles RT!

Those tiles are gorgeous! Love them!

Welcome rattleAU! Yay to another DFH build!

Rondy - how is the new house? It must be surreal to finally be in your own home!

Me - still waiting! God, admin is painful! Still waiting on confirmation in writing on them winding back the price to what it was when we signed our contract last year. We were told by our sales agent who spoke to his manager who ok-ed this but we all know unless its in writing..... The difference is $10k and with that the base price is $15k more than the base price for the Mortlake which we cant build! Argh! So, we've had to look at our wants vs needs list and re-evaluate our selections. We are now looking at the Macedon 313! Cass- if you are still around?! Any tips?!

Hopefully, we shall have confirmation and a plan of action by this time next week. In the mean time, patience is a virtue, right?!
Lenz88
Those tiles are gorgeous! Love them!

Welcome rattleAU! Yay to another DFH build!

Rondy - how is the new house? It must be surreal to finally be in your own home!

Me - still waiting! God, admin is painful! Still waiting on confirmation in writing on them winding back the price to what it was when we signed our contract last year. We were told by our sales agent who spoke to his manager who ok-ed this but we all know unless its in writing..... The difference is $10k and with that the base price is $15k more than the base price for the Mortlake which we cant build! Argh! So, we've had to look at our wants vs needs list and re-evaluate our selections. We are now looking at the Macedon 313! Cass- if you are still around?! Any tips?!

Hopefully, we shall have confirmation and a plan of action by this time next week. In the mean time, patience is a virtue, right?!

Oh, i feel your pain Lenz. I hope they will keep their word esp now that you have to pick a new plan. If you want any upgrade costs, i can give you what i was charged back in 2015 to give you a rough idea. Ive got mu Fingers crossed for you.

I hope i can get into the house tomorrow to get pics of the tiling. Im so excited, its getting close

Floor tiling is complete, they just need to finish the grouting.

Bathroom wall tiles has started

Looks fabulous RT - one question - is that the shower in your main bathroom or the ensuite? If its the main, can you tell me what size that is?
Lenz88
Looks fabulous RT - one question - is that the shower in your main bathroom or the ensuite? If its the main, can you tell me what size that is?

That's the main bathroom. We increased it to 1200 x 900.

Can you post a pic of the floor plan of the bathroom. We want a bigger shower niche too but have trouble trying to work out just how to make it all fit without increasing the size of the room excessively! And by chance, do you remember how much it cost for that upgrade? Thank you! x
Here's the plan of our bathroom. From memory i think it was under $300 to increase it to 1200x900. Then to have it recessed and tiled i think it was around $750.

I regret not asking for a bigger shower niche and don't forget to take into account the plastering and tiling as this will reduce the size of your niche. No one told me so my niche is smaller than what i wanted

Related
2/02/2024
Combining Alfresco with the family room

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi everyone, Newbie renovator here, after some advice for combining our family room in the picture and the alfresco and make a larger family room. There is a flush sill…

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum