Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who's building in Capestone, Mango Hill ?

Page 10 of 12
samlee
caitnkase
samlee
Hi everyone. It is my first post here. We purchased lot 1412 . Building contract signed with coral homes last week.

Hi Sam Lee, we own 1474 and also building with coral.

Hi~ how is your contruction going? I didnt see coral homes sign on your lot.

We haven't started yet. Plans are in with council now
Anyone had a soil test completed in Bartley Release? Anyone encountered rock?

Anyone had any issue with covenant approval? Can you please share how to resolve?

samlee
Anyone had any issue with covenant approval? Can you please share how to resolve?

We haven't, approved in 24 hours but I know our neighbour did have issues with roof pitch
samlee

what type of issue you are having ?

I am having issue with roof pitch and driveway location. Phil told that driveway can be positioned on opposite side of our lot at earlier stage. However, covenant team didn't approve it at the final contract stage. we had an argue with Urbex and asked relaxation of covenant for driveway. they can approve it if builder's private certifier is okay with it and council is okay with it and my neighbors are ok with it. at the moment, my neighbour didn't approve it because they need street carpark space in front of my house as their house is corner block. also, it will decrease the property value when they sell the house. I respect their decision. but, i am not sure who to blame this situation.
Is anyone in stage 10 also having issues with NBN activation? I've found out after handover that NBN are yet to begin works in stage 10 and they are still in the planning stage. NBN has advised me that the usual process is to have the build NBN ready for occupancy, but for some reason the developer has listed a unknown future date for "Ready for connection" for stage 10. No one can seem to give me a straight answer regarding a time frame. Urbex advised "We installed NBN conduits on 1st September for stage 10 and that NBN have 16 weeks to complete works." Can anyone shed some light on this situation?
Anyone been out to have a look at Bartley Release lately? Any signs on the blocks with Sold Stickers?

Any builders started?
samlee
I am having issue with roof pitch and driveway location. Phil told that driveway can be positioned on opposite side of our lot at earlier stage. However, covenant team didn't approve it at the final contract stage. we had an argue with Urbex and asked relaxation of covenant for driveway. they can approve it if builder's private certifier is okay with it and council is okay with it and my neighbors are ok with it. at the moment, my neighbour didn't approve it because they need street carpark space in front of my house as their house is corner block. also, it will decrease the property value when they sell the house. I respect their decision. but, i am not sure who to blame this situation.

Hi samlee

Same here about driveway location. Really angry for placing lot of effort (time & money) on choosing a lot and house model and relying on Phil Johnston advice about driveway location just to have the covenant team rejecting the plan two months after. I escalated the issue up to Craig Covacich (Urbex Pty Ltd General Manager) and outcome was the same as yours. Extremely unprofessional and tricky from Urbex to do that, especially as they used to allow that in earlier stages but changed the game rules after initial advice.
I adressed ACCC and Fair Trading Queensland about the issue and while they don't provide feedback about the follow up I truly hope there will be consequences and somebody will stop them playing with people's money, time and nerves.
Legal action still on my ToDo list but just got distracted with too many things happening for now.

What did you do finally ?
valoi
Hi samlee

Same here about driveway location. Really angry for placing lot of effort (time & money) on choosing a lot and house model and relying on Phil Johnston advice about driveway location just to have the covenant team rejecting the plan two months after. I escalated the issue up to Craig Covacich (Urbex Pty Ltd General Manager) and outcome was the same as yours. Extremely unprofessional and tricky from Urbex to do that, especially as they used to allow that in earlier stages but changed the game rules after initial advice.
I adressed ACCC and Fair Trading Queensland about the issue and while they don't provide feedback about the follow up I truly hope there will be consequences and somebody will stop them playing with people's money, time and nerves.
Legal action still on my ToDo list but just got distracted with too many things happening for now.

I had a couple of queries for which i was directed to Craig in Phil's absence ages ago, and i haven't heard back from him, despite sending through a gently reminder. Quite unprofessional, i must add.
They are really "helpful" until you sign the contract ... I was looking on Urbex webpage to see if they have any mission or values like a company of this size would presumably display (at least) and couldn't find anything ; no surprise.

Just a warning for those who are still about to sign with Urbex : pay attention to all contract addendum's, particularly to drawings that may be illegible in A4 format ; the BLE for instance (Building Location Envelope Plan) contains this critical information about the mandatory driveway position for your lot and Phil/Patricia won't bother to disclose that before/during sign-off (while you won't be able to see it if BLE is printed in A4 - only chance is to check on Capestone webpage).
valoi
samlee

Hi samlee

Hi. I had to change my builder as they need to charge extra to change design.

Anyone else building in Stage 15? We are being held up by the developer as their surveyors haven't yet completed the final survey works.
How is everyone's build going? I hope no one is too badly effected by the crazy rain!
We currently have a small swamp in our backyard!
Handover is tomorrow and then as soon as it is dry enough we will be landscaping too put in more drainage and prevent water pooling in the future
jaedencook
How is everyone's build going? I hope no one is too badly effected by the crazy rain!
We currently have a small swamp in our backyard!
Handover is tomorrow and then as soon as it is dry enough we will be landscaping too put in more drainage and prevent water pooling in the future

We were meant to have PCI today but SS couldn't get there lol. Just went and checked on ours and its holding up ok with the water
No idea how my place is faring with the rains since last night. Last evening when i checked the place i found that surface drains to the sides and back of the house are in, so hopefully no water stagnates around the house.
Wow caitnkase- hope your rescheduled PCI wasn't too much of a wait!

Ben- your house is looking great
jaedencook
Ben- your house is looking great

Thanks Jaeden.
I had a look at the place after the rains, and thankfully no leaks or flooding.
We have a small stream of water being collected in the backyard though, where the land was scraped for the build on one side, and the house having a slope away from it, causing water to collect in the small valley created between both these slopes.

Thanks for your FB post about the Havadig guys. Will get them to come look at my place once we are closer to handover.
Hi All,

Any news about carson cct..has any one got land there to build..i purchased lot 1668.
Manpreet
Hi All,

Any news about carson cct..has any one got land there to build..i purchased lot 1668.

Hi there, I am on 1644. Deciding on builder now..
Related
16/07/2023
Options for Retaining Wall Sloping Hill

Landscape & Garden Design

Howdy all. I am looking for feedback on what people would do to maximise and make an area as flat as possible. First, out the front of the house is a sloping hill, pretty…

18/01/2024
Terry road box hill

General Discussion

I brought terry road box hill in June 2022 House was meant to be completed Nov 2023 That did not happen I had to chase them so much to the land Registration and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum