Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR - Rawson Edge 39 - Ryde - Completed Sept 2016

Page 3 of 3
Congrats on keys! enjoy your beautiful new home
It looks fantastic! All that work (and rework) was worth it! I hope you love living in your NEW HOME!

So its been almost a year and whats happened since. Well would you believe all the warranty items have not been completed yet. In March 2017 about half of them were fixed. I haven't been following them up as life and work has been very busy. I will this week. I'll put up some pics of the place now too
bavshan
So its been almost a year and whats happened since. Well would you believe all the warranty items have not been completed yet. In March 2017 about half of them were fixed. I haven't been following them up as life and work has been very busy. I will this week. I'll put up some pics of the place now too

Wow felt like I've been reading your thread only yesterday. Time must've flown. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your furnished home!

It's a shame about the outstanding warranty items. Are they big items? Would be great to get a snippet of the list as I'm building with Rawson now and I'm trying to pick up as many things as possible.
So most of the landscaping is done and we have been joining our house for the last year.

Here are some recent pics

Night shot taken by a friend.

And a day shot

This is one of my favorite pics from my daughters first birthday earlier this year

The backyard

We have have another section of the backyard which is down the ramp on the right that hasn't been done yet.
Looking for ideas for a shed, chicken coop, dog house and raised garden beds.
How's the garden looking now Bav?

bavshan

So in the last month we have had;
The alfresco slab cut back to correct size -rework;
Fireplace dropped down to correct height -rework;
Feature Tiles behind mirrors -major rework, wrong tiles were install then mirrors were install then feature tiles were tiled on top of the wrong tiles. It all had to be remove and resheeted and waterproofed,
Brick repointing, still more repointing required,
Relocated gas point in alfresco -rework
Ensuite window tiling wasnt square -rework;
Kitchen powerpoints on wrong walls, -rework and waiting for new splashback;
Garage door installed;
Some painting defect addressed. More still needed;
Creaking floor addressed -rework;
Added two more ac vents as per plan;
Correct toilet roll holder heights -rework;
Correct towel rail in right locations -rework;
Some electric work attended too. More still required;
Repair to rear sliding door -rework;
Outside slab cleaned and mortar free -rework;
Bamboo flooring installed.

As you can see lots of rework. We have been given the week of the 19th of sept for handover. Lets hope they are close.

Rawson Edge 39 MKI in Ryde, Sydney

Gday, can I ask what the height of your fireplace is. We are doing identical to you with fire and tv above. Cheers simon
Salfield
bavshan

Feature Tiles behind mirrors -major rework, wrong tiles were install then mirrors were install then feature tiles were tiled on top of the wrong tiles. It all had to be remove and resheeted and waterproofed,
Garage door installed;

As you can see lots of rework. We have been given the week of the 19th of sept for handover. Lets hope they are close.

Gday, can I ask what the height of your fireplace is. We are doing identical to you with fire and tv above. Cheers simon
Good question. Right now the bottom of the trim is 26 cm from the finished floor level and bottom of the tv is 105cm. We had issues planning both sides of the fireplace. This is the finished product now. Excuse the mess. Lol

Which fireplace are you getting? And was size tv are you getting. The 75inch matches the realflame 1600 perfectly lol.

Looks great. Thank you for getting back to me. We will probably only go the real flame landscape 1000. We will have a 65 inch tv above it which will be wider than the fireplace but hopefully it will still look ok. Did Rawson do it for you. I’d be interested in the price they gave you. They have quoted us 15k as an allowance but you can buy the 1000 for around 7.5k.
Cheers
Simon
bavshan
Salfield
bavshan

Garage door installed;

Good question. Right now the bottom of the trim is 26 cm from the finished floor level and bottom of the tv is 105cm. We had issues planning both sides of the fireplace. This is the finished product now. Excuse the mess. Lol

Which fireplace are you getting? And was size tv are you getting. The 75inch matches the realflame 1600 perfectly lol.
Hi Simon,

Are you building an Edge too?

We original had the landscape 1000 quoted for around 10k but after looking at the display home in kellyville we saw the 1600 landscape in one of the other Rawson display homes and on that house's inclusion list was the 1600 landscape for 10K. I simple asked my raswon contact at to time to include this option and she did. I also "stole" a few optional extras from other houses.

What will you put on the left and right sides on the fireplace?
bavshan
Hi Simon,

Are you building an Edge too?

We original had the landscape 1000 quoted for around 10k but after looking at the display home in kellyville we saw the 1600 landscape in one of the other Rawson display homes and on that house's inclusion list was the 1600 landscape for 10K. I simple asked my raswon contact at to time to include this option and she did. I also "stole" a few optional extras from other houses.

What will you put on the left and right sides on the fireplace?

Hi mate. No building a Chifley 42 mkii. Wow 10k. So that was installed? Don’t suppose you remember which house had the fireplace in it?

We were at the Chifley display today and asked when we would need to do the fireplace. They suggested it gets done after hand over. Is that the case?

The left and right will be fixed windows either side.
Related
1/04/2024
Unsigned variations after a new home is completed

Building A New House

Any advice on a builder in NSW who is demanding an extra 22000k after the house is completed and contract paid in full .Standard HIA contract. Never received a variation.…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum