On a personal level yes
our internals was over 26k after deleting stuff lol
Electrical 21k after deleting things hah
Thanks for all the pics Whitefresh!! Lots of ideas for tomorrow

Welcome to our new Metricon Henderson

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81978

https://metriconhenderson.wordpress.com

Thank m & t, have fun tomorrow, can't wait to see your selections

If you need to cut costs on the butler's pantry, get M to fit out the side with the sink then leave the rest empty. Get them to do anything structural - bulkheads, corner voids if required - but fit it out after handover. That way you will save a bit and can do it as funds allow and get it off the build cost.
Our pantry will run around three wall and I'll only be getting M to do the sink wall.

This, of course, is assuming the pantry runs around different walls.
Electrical appointment on Monday then a couple of weeks to contract. Slowly getting there.

We found out that the gas will be available by the end of the year so we're able to keep the ducted heating, freestanding stove and hot water. Thank god as it was going to cost us a lot to change to electric.

Omg I thought I was following this, don't know what happened!! Everything is looking amazing! I love all of your selections

Can't wait to follow more of your journey now that I'm following you!!

nice selections, can't wait to see your build
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83489
Have decided to pull the pin with M and have signed up with Fairhaven Homes to build the Glenaire. Will start a new thread soon once we are further along with them.
whitefresh
Have decided to pull the pin with M and have signed up with Fairhaven Homes to build the Glenaire. Will start a new thread soon once we are further along with them.

Hi whitefresh,
Seems like an upgrade from 34 to 39 square home and Glenaire is a beauty. Have you been to the display at werribee? Did you buy the prom pack? I think it contain flooring, evap cooler.
We nearly go with them but my partner still loves the glendale
whitefresh

Oh no what happened Whitefresh? Are you ok?
How are Fairhaven?

Vintay, Yes we got the promo pack and yes saw the display at Werribee and now another one just opened in Clyde on the weekend.
We just liked the house a lot better and comparing prices decided it was the way to go. So far Fairhaven are just as slow as Metricon with the admin phase, It took us 4 months to get to contract with M, As hard as it was to walk away, I feel like it was the right thing to do. It's a bit annoying getting to this stage and then having to do all the admin again that's for sure. Hopefully it will be worth it in the end.
whitefresh

Aww it's a shame to see u leave M but wishing you All the best White!!! I'll still be following your build
whitefresh
Vintay, Yes we got the promo pack and yes saw the display at Werribee and now another one just opened in Clyde on the weekend.
We just liked the house a lot better and comparing prices decided it was the way to go. So far Fairhaven are just as slow as Metricon with the admin phase, It took us 4 months to get to contract with M, As hard as it was to walk away, I feel like it was the right thing to do. It's a bit annoying getting to this stage and then having to do all the admin again that's for sure. Hopefully it will be worth it in the end.

Hi whitefresh,
I can understand how you feel. We are in our third month since signing of preliminary paperwork and nothing from M.
I've decided to walk out as 8homes, Carlisle and boutique home all offered me $1000 discount for the deposit I put in at M. It's just that my partner loved the Glendale that make me stay on else I've already pull the plug.
Did Fairhaven offer you the $1000 discount?
Thanks Emmz

http://metriconmerricks.blogspot.com.au
vintay68
whitefresh

Hi whitefresh,
I can understand how you feel. We are in our third month since signing of preliminary paperwork and nothing from M.
I've decided to walk out as 8homes, Carlisle and boutique home all offered me $1000 discount for the deposit I put in at M. It's just that my partner loved the Glendale that make me stay on else I've already pull the plug.
Did Fairhaven offer you the $1000 discount?

No I didn't think to mention it unfortunately.
whitefresh

Good luck on your new journey, I just looked the Glenaire up and it's just beautiful!

Welcome to our new Metricon Henderson

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81978

https://metriconhenderson.wordpress.com

White it is a beautiful home, you finally got your double storey
great choice
Damn that sux. Hopefully the new guys can provide you guys with better service.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum