Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Help needed : Timber look tiles ( 2 pack vs single sized)

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Need some help in making this decision about the timber-look tiles we have chosen. The tiles that we have chosen are 975*235 in size and apparently they don't have the required quantity and won't be available for when we need and they are now coming in as 2-pack ( 975*235 size and 975*135) in size. The shop guys reckon it would be more natural looking but wouldn't it be weird with the two different sizes. We do have an option to select different color in the original size we paid for. what should we do.

Can anyone share the pics if something like this had happened so we can make a quick call.

cheers,
That's an interesting dilemma. We have 200 x 900 wood look tiles. They are all the same size though. I can imagine having two different tile sizes would cause a headache for your tiler and might not look as good as you want it to.

I would change the colour of your tile instead if I were you. I think the same size tile look pretty good.

Here is what ours currently looks like.

I don't have a close up though.

Thank you for your reply abztronic. you have got some nice tiles there. I Hate to be in this position as i have matched my tiles to my overhead cupboards keeping the rest white. I found something on houzz with what i think is different sized tiles.
http://www.houzz.com.au/photos/18397522 ... room-perth
i would have to go and look at the other colours that are available too
It does look pretty decent. I prefer the one size though. Are your tiles similar colours to the picture??
I'm with abztronic. Two widths would be weird. Timber look tiles should look like the real thing imo. I have never seen a timber floor with different width boards.
What is your budget? Id recommend going to other suppliers.

using Tapatalk
Edge39.my-letter-box.com
Abztronic ,

Below is my tile

It's quite light and yes Iam leaning towards the same size tiles. I'am checking if the stock is available at other suppliers
Stevemc, we are paying them quite a bit at around 170 per m2 for installation as we want them done by the builders rather than us looking for a tiler and doing it post build

--------------------------------------
Alkira Homes - Elyse 15
raina
Abztronic ,

Below is my tile

It's quite light and yes Iam leaning towards the same size tiles. I'am checking if the stock is available at other suppliers
Stevemc, we are paying them quite a bit at around 200 per m2 for installation as we want them done by the builders rather than us looking for a tiler and doing it post build

--------------------------------------
Alkira Homes - Elyse 15

Oh wow that looks really good. Very expensive though! Is the 200/m2 for supply and install?

Ours cost about 135/m2

Good luck in getting an alternative. Try tile direct. That's where we got ours from.

I'd recommend Sydney tile gallery as well. You can get similar tones in 900x135 for 40-70m2 then add about 80-100 for laying. Not massively cheaper but if you save $50m2 in a 100m2 floor it's 5k cheaper!
You'll be surprised how much markup a builder will add to a job.

using Tapatalk
Edge39.my-letter-box.com
Thank you abztronic and stevemc. I will check these out after my appointment with the guys.

Personal preference, but I reckon the different sizes look better

Just thought I would update - I ended up choosing the 2-pack as we needed the sleep coloured tiles and they look good and Iam happy with the result

It does look really good. Did you do the whole house? Or just downstairs area?

Thank you. Just the downstairs.The first picture is the rumpus area
They look beautiful. I am having a darker colour for the Alfresco.

viewtopic.php?t=81011
They do look beautiful. We have wood look tiles which look amazing too
I'm sure yours will look good too charley

Love the two widths. We pulled up floor coverings of our 60 yo house and the original floorboards are of two widths.

raina
Just thought I would update - I ended up choosing the 2-pack as we needed the sleep coloured tiles and they look good and Iam happy with the result

We are looking at doing the same with our timber look tiles, can I ask did you go 50/50 of each size? If not what percentage was used . I actually thought of this thread tonight when talking to hubby about having both sized tiles, glad i could find it again.

mim_feher
raina

We are looking at doing the same with our timber look tiles, can I ask did you go 50/50 of each size? If not what percentage was used . I actually thought of this thread tonight when talking to hubby about having both sized tiles, glad i could find it again.

hiya,

I think that it's 50-50. We have bigger width and small width laid side-by-side and repeated all through.

cheers,
raina
mim_feher
raina

hiya,

I think that it's 50-50. We have bigger width and small width laid side-by-side and repeated all through.

cheers,

Thank you, it looks amazing, hope ours look as good as yours

Related
1/03/2024
Polytec timber look galleries

General Discussion

Interested in getting either the Polytec Boston Oak or Palace Peak for kitchen cabinets. Looking at the Boston Oak ones, it appears that the colour varies significantly…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

7/03/2024
Framing timber size needed for a double wall system in non-l

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Long story short, a toilet room is going to back onto our main bedroom and I want to make it close to soundproof. Im going to build two frames (pretty much a room within a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum