Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Bath niche placement

Page 1 of 1
Any suggestions on what end to put our bath niche? It will be 600 long x 300 high my partner wants to put it on the long side of the bath but im wanting to put it at the short end of the bath where the messy bottles cant be seen as soon as you walk into the bathroom.
Thanks in advance

Personally I agree with your partmer, I think having a 600mm long niche at the short end might look odd, as won't that be nearly the same width as the bath? I get what you mean about the bottles etc though - could you make the niche narrower if you really want it at the short end?
We are putting ours in the middle....I thought that is where they went? Our plan came back that way and I never really thought about it
will it look odd in the middle?

Our bath is 15 cm wider than the niche, i hope it doesnt look odd but from the searches ive done both placements looked fine so initially my worry was the bottles but now im hoping i havent made the wrong decision. Deejay u havent made the wrong decision at all. The only reason i wanted the niche on the short end is because i didnt want to walk straight into messy bottles and knowing my eldest daughter it would be guaranteed lol

Related
18/08/2023
Tv Fireplace placement in large lounge room

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, My first post, we are building a house and can’t decide the layout of the lounge room. We have a large N/W facing window and are wanting to have a wood slow…

10/09/2023
Laundry door placement v split level stairs

Windows & Doors

Move your linen into laundry and access laundry from your present linen space

25/10/2023
Freestanding bath taps and kids

Bathrooms and Laundry

Bathroom renovation will likely include a back-to-corner bath and we’re considering a freestanding tap with hand-held shower such as the picture included. My hesitation…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum