Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Simonds Prague Willow Vale QLD

Page 1 of 20
Hi, I've been waiting on building our home for ages, we had a few issues, then waiting for land title. But now the build has finally started I wanted to start a new thread

Here's some pictures

The plan

^tile selection

^ colour selection but I changed some; the cabinets are now natural bleached reed ?

New colour selection

^outside

^ floor

The facade

The land

Congrats on getting started, I loved the Prague but it was a bit too pricey for my budget. The butlers pantry and laundry placement behind the kitchen walls were interesting choices that I was keen for, plus the kitchen and living spaces felt really open but well planned when I walked through the display.

The pale blue tile against the other light wood and earth colours looks beautiful. Hope it all goes smoothly for you.
Congrats, now the fun really begins
Congrats!! How exciting!!
watto82
Congrats on getting started, I loved the Prague but it was a bit too pricey for my budget. The butlers pantry and laundry placement behind the kitchen walls were interesting choices that I was keen for, plus the kitchen and living spaces felt really open but well planned when I walked through the display.

The pale blue tile against the other light wood and earth colours looks beautiful. Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Thanks the photo I took was on a overcast day, so it looks dark, even the tile looks darker. It's all pretty exciting.

Love the floor plan and colour choice
looking forward to following your build
Is it stalking if you visit your block like everyday on the way home. Also I feel like I need to scream at the back neighbours. They continue to throw their grass clippings over the fence, even now that we have started building. Not happy !

The grass clippings

The windows have arrived

The frame has arrived. I'm worried as we need to pay the next stage. Does that mean the frame stays there till after the bank sends the payment. Hmm I hope not. And if so no rain please.

kyliebsmith
Is it stalking if you visit your block like everyday on the way home. Also I feel like I need to scream at the back neighbours. They continue to throw their grass clippings over the fence, even now that we have started building. Not happy !

The grass clippings

The windows have arrived

The frame has arrived. I'm worried as we need to pay the next stage. Does that mean the frame stays there till after the bank sends the payment. Hmm I hope not. And if so no rain please.

So annoying about your neighbours! You might need to go and knock on their door and introduce yourself (and don't mention the clippings, just a hi how are you sort of thing).

No, they won't wait until the invoice is paid, they will keep going full steam ahead. We got our slab & frame invoices together then our lockup and fixing invoices together too...! Fingers crossed the rain stays away until you get a roof!
Megera
kyliebsmith

The grass clippings

The windows have arrived

So annoying about your neighbours! You might need to go and knock on their door and introduce yourself (and don't mention the clippings, just a hi how are you sort of thing).

No, they won't wait until the invoice is paid, they will keep going full steam ahead. We got our slab & frame invoices together then our lockup and fixing invoices together too...! Fingers crossed the rain stays away until you get a roof!

Oh awesome thank you. I see houses that are still being built all weathered because they haven't started building from the Christmas period. I'm so hoping the rain stays clear

kyliebsmith
Megera
kyliebsmith

The grass clippings

The windows have arrived

Oh awesome thank you. I see houses that are still being built all weathered because they haven't started building from the Christmas period. I'm so hoping the rain stays clear

Weathered already? Our neighbours only just got their roof on in the last two days (ditto with being wrapped) and their frame looked fine? (It's been sitting since before christmas). You should see the horror show that is the units behind us. They've been stuck at bricks for 5 years (with roof trusses showing) ? They're going to have to tear it all down and start again.
Anyway, we worried about rain more for our slab than anything. I didn't want the slab to be covered in mud and water/etc and then have to worry about getting it all clean.
I love your colour selections

We to are building the Prague but with lounge & study added in. Our land titles aug/sept and can't wait. Your colours are very nice. Are they just the standard range or upgrades? Looking forward to following your build. Exciting times ahead 😊

Tracey70
We to are building the Prague but with lounge & study added in. Our land titles aug/sept and can't wait. Your colours are very nice. Are they just the standard range or upgrades? Looking forward to following your build. Exciting times ahead 😊

The blue tile is an upgrade of like two hundred. All the rest are standard

Lounge and study would be nice. Qld land is so small, so this what fits

I really love the prague. There isn't many examples on here so it's pretty exciting. There is another one on my street that I stalked while they built it, lol

Weathered already? Our neighbours only just got their roof on in the last two days (ditto with being wrapped) and their frame looked fine? (It's been sitting since before christmas). You should see the horror show that is the units behind us. They've been stuck at bricks for 5 years (with roof trusses showing)
They're going to have to tear it all down and start again.
Anyway, we worried about rain more for our slab than anything. I didn't want the slab to be covered in mud and water/etc and then have to worry about getting it all clean.[/quote]

Not sure what's happening with it. It's pretty sad really

kyliebsmith
Tracey70

The blue tile is an upgrade of like two hundred. All the rest are standard

Lounge and study would be nice. Qld land is so small, so this what fits

Your house is going to look gorgeous. The Prague is a great open planned house and your color's are fantastic

I'm super duper excited

Related
5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

5/03/2024
Looking for the perfect design - 2 storey in Qld

Building A New House

We used a smaller qld builder who went bankrupt about 12 months after completion of ours. It was a shame as they were good and relatively cheap and I would have used…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum