Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

MainVue Amalfi 532 - Final Fit off

Page 19 of 23
Doing the floors yourself will definitely pay off.
We love the look of our actual floor boards but the quads certainly look weird where they stop and start at the architraves.
I thought I wouldn't notice them after a while but they still annoy me.
Yes, we should have ditched driveway guy earlier but have stuck with him because we know his work will be good. We're pretty excited to get the landscape rolling in September. That's a massive job. We are outsourcing everything so costly but hopefully a great result.

Saint Girl
Doing the floors yourself will definitely pay off.
We love the look of our actual floor boards but the quads certainly look weird where they stop and start at the architraves.
I thought I wouldn't notice them after a while but they still annoy me.
Yes, we should have ditched driveway guy earlier but have stuck with him because we know his work will be good. We're pretty excited to get the landscape rolling in September. That's a massive job. We are outsourcing everything so costly but hopefully a great result.

It'll look amazing if you're getting it professionally done! I haven't even put a second of thought into landscaping yet, it's unfortunately the last priority in my list of things to do. Looks like we'll be having a dirt farm for a while

At least it will be Spring. I would choose a dirt farm over a mud yard for 6 weeks any day!

Saint Girl
At least it will be Spring. I would choose a dirt farm over a mud yard for 6 weeks any day!

Oh yeah, I hear you there! Just getting to the front door at our house means you add a good 5cm of Mud to the bottom of your shoes. Feels like you're walking around on platform shoes!

camma18
Saint Girl

Oh yeah, I hear you there! Just getting to the front door at our house means you add a good 5cm of Mud to the bottom of your shoes. Feels like you're walking around on platform shoes!

We bought a dozen $4 pavers from Bunnings. Temporary of course but gets us from the footpath to the door with clean shoes... best money we've spent so far but looking forward to having them replaced with something nicer!

Narrewarren01

Yeah looks like it

Just out of curiosity what are the dimensions of that shower??

I wish we chose similar tiles. Ours are a dark grey. The missus really wanted them but I'm envious of your choice

surtees
Yeah that will fix it..... Hopefully once your ss is back it will get sorted.

Are they going to reposition that shower rose?

strawbola
I wish we chose similar tiles. Ours are a dark grey. The missus really wanted them but I'm envious of your choice

Gotta trust the missus; I'm sure your tiles will turn out awesome.
How's progress Cam?

Saint Girl
How's progress Cam?

Getting there Libby.

They've taken the fences down

Last time we had a look, they had a big list of jobs they were working through to finish up. There are also still a few defects that they need to fix, but they refuse to even look at them until our SS gets back from leave. We'll hear from him early next week. Fingers crossed it should only take a couple of weeks after that to fix up the problems and then we should be looking at handover after that
Looks so good! Hope your neighbours love it too...it sits in there so comfortably.
We found Henley really good getting on to defects, so I'm sure once your SS is back, that will be the case for you too.
I must admit I'm so jealous of your nice flat block. Ours was before the build. Now the slope from our house to the fences is ridiculous ....especially the sides and rear

Saint Girl
Looks so good! Hope your neighbours love it too...it sits in there so comfortably.
We found Henley really good getting on to defects, so I'm sure once your SS is back, that will be the case for you too.
I must admit I'm so jealous of your nice flat block. Ours was before the build. Now the slope from our house to the fences is ridiculous ....especially the sides and rear

Thanks Libby, funny story about that. I was trying the organise replacement fences for the RHS and back, and I got onto the landlord of the back house, who live around the corner. Old bloke. Tells me, without me asking for his opinion, that he doesn't like our roof. Lol! What an A-hole.

Yeah we're pretty sure that our SS will get that stuff fixed quickly when he gets back. He's been really good throughout the build.

Our block actually does sit up a little bit. You'll be able to see that from the brick fence on the left. So we'll have to build up the driveway a bit.

So your driveway goes in next week?
Wow!!! It looks so good! We are due for site clean on the 5th I believe next week what a difference it makes having no fence or bin etc! X

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81627&p=1505759#p1505759
camma18
Saint Girl
How's progress Cam?

Getting there Libby.

Last time we had a look, they had a big list of jobs they were working through to finish up. There are also still a few defects that they need to fix, but they refuse to even look at them until our SS gets back from leave. We'll hear from him early next week. Fingers crossed it should only take a couple of weeks after that to fix up the problems and then we should be looking at handover after that

It looks great camma!!!! Looking forward for more pix

Mainvue Amalfi 530 - Our First build
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81745
JaneW
Wow!!! It looks so good! We are due for site clean on the 5th I believe next week what a difference it makes having no fence or bin etc! X

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81627&p=1505759#p1505759

Yeah it's great to see the fence and bin finally go. It's a real mud pit though. Driveway and partway can't come quick enough.

Lyn11
camma18
Saint Girl
How's progress Cam?

Getting there Libby.

It looks great camma!!!! Looking forward for more pix

Mainvue Amalfi 530 - Our First build
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81745

Thanks Lyn!

Lol love yousome old people just say what ever they think with out a care.

Facade looks great cant wait to see ours the same.
Your neighbour is a ....
Can't wait to see it all finished, furnished and landscaped!

surtees
Lol love yousome old people just say what ever they think with out a care.

Facade looks great cant wait to see ours the same.

Thanks Surtees,

Yeah this guy is definitely a character. Thankfully I don't have to live next door to him, just his tenants.

Related
25/03/2024
Job sequences in fixing and fit-off stage

Building A New House

Thanks for much mate. I see that you do cabinets before flooring. For timber flooring, for most parts it's fine because it's got base plates, and for door jabs you can…

22/12/2023
How to fit mesh fly screen while shutters in place

Windows & Doors

Hello everyone Please advice me how can I install mesh security window or we cab say mesh flyscreen inside while the pvc plantation shutters are already installed? Is…

6/03/2024
How would you fit 2 showers and toilets in this space?

Bathrooms and Laundry

This is the current bathroom with a european laundry. Overall internal dimensions are 3.69 wide and 3.65m deep, including the footprint of the laundry. There is a toilet…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum