Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

MainVue Amalfi 532 - Final Fit off

Page 14 of 23
Saint Girl
Good, steady progress now Camma and it's looking really good!
How are you finding communication with MainVue these days? I've go no complaints...

viewtopic.php?t=81336 Building with MainVue - Modified Ivory 436...our journey

Thanks Libby

Yeah we've noted a much better situation since dealing more with our SS. If we need to get anything off the head office, we normally get it without too much hassle, so we're much happier with the communication.

What the date of your NHP again?

7th July!!
We are madly trying to organize someone to do a retaining wall, as we need this before our driveway can be done. Everyone we contact is booked up until at least August. We have been so naive about many things and this is just another example. So my advice to anyone reading this is get organized early!

Saint Girl
7th July!!
We are madly trying to organize someone to do a retaining wall, as we need this before our driveway can be done. Everyone we contact is booked up until at least August. We have been so naive about many things and this is just another example. So my advice to anyone reading this is get organized early!

Wow, that's so close!

That's no good about the retaining wall. Do you need someone to excavate?
Wow, it looks awesome camma.

Thanks Libby for the advise, we also need retaining wall....

Mainvue Amalfi 530 - Our First build
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81745
camma18
Some more brickwork to the facade

The bricks are coming along nicely, will they need washing after?

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81627&p=1505759#p1505759
camma18
Saint Girl
7th July!!

Wow, that's so close!

That's no good about the retaining wall. Do you need someone to excavate?

I have a friend who is a landscaper i could send you through his details if you would like he lives in edithvale

The thin bricks look great. We chose ugly ones because our facade is rendered so I didn't really look into bricks. Do you have eaves? Just wondering because we don't and wondering if ours will look similar to yours.

strawbola
The thin bricks look great. We chose ugly ones because our facade is rendered so I didn't really look into bricks. Do you have eaves? Just wondering because we don't and wondering if ours will look similar to yours.

No sense in paying extra for bricks that'll end up behind render.

Yes we have eaves, but just to the facade. Around the side and the back of the house we do not have them. That was an oversight by us, we thought they would be all around the house as standard. We would have probably upgraded it, but we didn't realise until after we signed the contracts.

camma18
strawbola

Yes we have eaves, but just to the facade. Around the side and the back of the house we do not have them. That was an oversight by us, we thought they would be all around the house as standard. We would have probably upgraded it, but we didn't realise until after we signed the contracts.

Just sticking my opinion in if that's OK. We wanted eaves but were talked out of adding them beyond the standard facade ones. We really liked the look of them and were worried not having them would look cheap.
Now that our house is complete, we don't regret not having them at all. The siting of our house and it's orientation means that, we have optimal light and shade without them. It works better for our particular house not to have them but every house is different.
Don't stress about it. Everyone's MainVue home has turned out really nice, with or without full eaves!

Saint Girl
camma18
strawbola

Just sticking my opinion in if that's OK. We wanted eaves but were talked out of adding them beyond the standard facade ones. We really liked the look of them and were worried not having them would look cheap.
Now that our house is complete, we don't regret not having them at all. The siting of our house and it's orientation means that, we have optimal light and shade without them. It works better for our particular house not to have them but every house is different.
Don't stress about it. Everyone's MainVue home has turned out really nice, with or without full eaves!

Fair point Libby, it's in no way a necessity to have eaves around the house. We only wanted them because we had them in our last house and we liked the look, and the function of them. But we're fine with just having them to the facade. And as you pointed out, we'll get more light to the back of the house because they are not there.

Light was the problem for us. Jane said we wouldn't get light into the bedrooms with them and there just wasn't enough space. Put a house next door and the problem would probably be worse. Oh well! Everyone's houses are looking beautiful. So very keen to get started!

strawbola
Light was the problem for us. Jane said we wouldn't get light into the bedrooms with them and there just wasn't enough space. Put a house next door and the problem would probably be worse. Oh well! Everyone's houses are looking beautiful. So very keen to get started!

It was Jane who looked at our orientation and said don't do it. She was spot on.

What's happening this week Camma?

More brickwork this week. I had to go and take some of the green fence next door down the other day so the Brickie could do the garage wall. It's not been great weather for him.

They should be starting to plaster today, so that'll be interesting to look at this weekend.

We did the exact Same thing Cam!!!! and I've been stressing about it a tad as I felt the same way like all "estate homes" don't have eaves and have that look about them but most houses built these days actually don't have them as much.

Saint Girl
strawbola

It was Jane who looked at our orientation and said don't do it. She was spot on.

Jane was great! We had here too and she was so helpful!

JaneW
We did the exact Same thing Cam!!!! and I've been stressing about it a tad as I felt the same way like all "estate homes" don't have eaves and have that look about them but most houses built these days actually don't have them as much.

Yeah you still achieve the eave look from the front, so you kind of get the best of both worlds. Only down side is walking around the house when it's raining. Eaves were really handy for keeping dry
camma18
JaneW

Yeah you still achieve the eave look from the front, so you kind of get the best of both worlds. Only down side is walking around the house when it's raining. Eaves were really handy for keeping dry

Yes of course, that's very true!

Plaster looks mostly finished! They've just got to install the cornice to the areas that aren't square set, and then finish up the sanding and filling and we're golden

Here's our nice big living area:

And the theatre room

Very happy with the natural light now the plaster is in.

Brickwork continues, as it'll take some time to finish.

Here's a photo of the mess in our front area:

:S
Love it. You wouldn't pick it for an Amalfi.... looks so different! The white frames look really nice too.
Plenty of light after all!

Related
25/03/2024
Job sequences in fixing and fit-off stage

Building A New House

Thanks for much mate. I see that you do cabinets before flooring. For timber flooring, for most parts it's fine because it's got base plates, and for door jabs you can…

22/12/2023
How to fit mesh fly screen while shutters in place

Windows & Doors

Hello everyone Please advice me how can I install mesh security window or we cab say mesh flyscreen inside while the pvc plantation shutters are already installed? Is…

6/03/2024
How would you fit 2 showers and toilets in this space?

Bathrooms and Laundry

This is the current bathroom with a european laundry. Overall internal dimensions are 3.69 wide and 3.65m deep, including the footprint of the laundry. There is a toilet…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum