Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

MainVue Amalfi 532 - Final Fit off

Page 7 of 23
Yeah we have the exact same stuff. Also Crane Spotter and some other stuff. We've got my Father in Law down there every day and he hasn't seen any Traffic Management, nor any crane spotting taking place.

Wow!! I need to go through that part of our contract and highlight stuff I think. Having 11k back in your pocket at the end would be handy, good work by the neighbours

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81627&p=1505759#p1505759
JaneW
Wow!! I need to go through that part of our contract and highlight stuff I think. Having 11k back in your pocket at the end would be handy, good work by the neighbours

Definitely worth doing Jane. Henley have to protect themselves from unexpected costs, so they go very heavy on the provisional costs in the contract, especially for KDR in established suburbs.

What's news Cam? Any frame work?

JaneW
What's news Cam? Any frame work?

Hi Jane,

Absolutely no action since the slab was laid unfortunately. I've been told they'll be delivering the timber for frame tomorrow, with the framer to head to site over the weekend.

How's your build coming along? Have they rocked up to site yet?
Nup not a thing, tomorrow should be a good day for you. I would think we would get a call from SS prior to commencement...hopefully that happens soon

JaneW
Nup not a thing, tomorrow should be a good day for you. I would think we would get a call from SS prior to commencement...hopefully that happens soon

Just timber delivery tomorrow, but at least something is happening

I wouldn't count on getting a call before they head out there. They'll just show up one day and then you'll hear from your SS and Construction Admin after that. You don't hear from them much; I just get 1 update a week from each on alternating weeks.

They might even show up tomorrow for you!
Don't stress.....remember we were you, just 3 months ago!!

And Camma, you seem to have good communication from your admin and SS. We keep up to date by looking ourselves! The portal is a little behind with each update. Our admin only contacts us if there's a problem (which I guess is ok). We really don't hear from our SS at all. We've met him twice on site, both times it was initiated by us.

viewtopic.php?t=81336 Building with MainVue...Modified Ivory 436...our journey
Exactly right, it'll happen very soon, and you'll quickly forget about the Admin stage!

I should have elaborated on the communication I actually get, Libby. Once a fortnight I get an update in the portal from our Construction Admin, advising me of upcoming events that have already taken place. Then I get a call on the other fortnight from my SS, who is actually pretty good.

Went by the site yesterday and they had started on the frame. Spoke to one of the guys and he said they were hoping to have it all finished today. So we're very happy with that result!

Today??!!! Working on a Sunday? That's amazing! You are going to have a roof in no time!

JaneW
Today??!!! Working on a Sunday? That's amazing! You are going to have a roof in no time!

Yeah I know! That was something I never thought I would see throughout the build.

They said they were just flat out, and needed to do the weekend work to keep up with the demand.

Have you heard anything about your place yet? Surely this week is the week they finally show up on site.
Great news Camma! Unbelievable how fast the frame goes up once they start.
We had the plasterers one Sunday. Our neighbour said they stayed till 9.30 pm using bright portable spotlights which shone straight into their living room!
We hope to see the painters on site tomorrow...we're getting closer to the end

Everyone's building Amalfi these days

Saint Girl
Great news Camma! Unbelievable how fast the frame goes up once they start.
We had the plasterers one Sunday. Our neighbour said they stayed till 9.30 pm using bright portable spotlights which shone straight into their living room!
We hope to see the painters on site tomorrow...we're getting closer to the end

Yeah they definitely move fast when they need to! As long as the quality doesn't suffer, I'm more than happy for them to power through it. I feel bad for the guys having to work on the weekend though.
Narrewarren01
Everyone's building Amalfi these days

It certainly is the popular MainVue design.

Hey Camma, what's happening at your block?

Saint Girl
Hey Camma, what's happening at your block?

Hi Libby,

I actually managed to finally get on site yesterday and take a few photos

Garage

Our Grand Living area

Master

WIR

"Theatre" Room

What we have left over in back yard space

Pretty happy with the way it's looking! I'm hoping that they'll get an opportunity to get the rest of the frame stage done this week, and start on the roof next week. I think I might be slightly too optimistic though.
How exciting. Are those big windows in the master? Love them.

strawbola
How exciting. Are those big windows in the master? Love them.

Thanks Stawbola. The windows in the master are a 3 panel awning window frame, with a fixed middle panel. Something like the image below:

Would have loved the massive picture windows, but we wanted to be able to let some air in.
Related
25/03/2024
Job sequences in fixing and fit-off stage

Building A New House

Thanks for much mate. I see that you do cabinets before flooring. For timber flooring, for most parts it's fine because it's got base plates, and for door jabs you can…

22/12/2023
How to fit mesh fly screen while shutters in place

Windows & Doors

Hello everyone Please advice me how can I install mesh security window or we cab say mesh flyscreen inside while the pvc plantation shutters are already installed? Is…

6/03/2024
How would you fit 2 showers and toilets in this space?

Bathrooms and Laundry

This is the current bathroom with a european laundry. Overall internal dimensions are 3.69 wide and 3.65m deep, including the footprint of the laundry. There is a toilet…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum