Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Home Owner (Home and Land Package)

Page 1 of 1
Hi All
I'm in the process of finalising my house plans to build. So I wanted to hear what other people think and get some ideas or suggestions.

Been told heaps of stuff from people that have already built or are looking at building but getting more information wouldn't hurt.

Here is my land and house plan attached.

Welcome to home one that's a quite a decent plan you have got there
who are you building with and where ?

jpmontoya
Welcome to home one that's a quite a decent plan you have got there
who are you building with and where ?

Haha thank you

West Australia
Whitby just about 35-40min from Perth and building through Aussie Living.
Hey - have the builders considered ideal home orientation to take advantage of winter sun and natural ventilation? Might be a bit different to Sydney hence asking - good plan tho ( consider proper sound insulation between theatre and master bedroom

Looking at the plan there doesn't seem to me much consideration of orientation.

The family/meals room is probably going to heat up fast in the mornings October through to March.

Similarly the Study and adjacent bedroom is going to start getting hot from about 2.00pm until sunset
Related
17/01/2024
Liaison between owner builder and engineer

Building A New House

The engineering is the engineering. It's irrelevant how much material you have. Unless it fits the requirements of your design the engineer can't "make"it work. You might…

25/04/2024
Owner Builder : Need some help

Owner Builder Forum

Hi VK, Think it's worth investing time in an Owner Builder course to equip you with basic knowledge on Australian Building Industry and its regulations. Also, I suggest…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum