Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our build- Henley, Monaco lux 2 in bayside Melbourne KDR

Page 1 of 19
decided on Henley as they had the most inclusions as standard and nicer quality homes and layouts. So we have signed the dotted line!!!
Had our colour apt on 13.1.16
Tender 29.1.16
demo begins 11.2.16
contracts
pool shell poured mid march

We are going with a real beachy but modern feel.
Exterior:
Bricks ash cat3 with the off white mortar.
colour bond roof in Shale grey and we have upgraded to timber windows throughout with the dark oak stain.
garage door will be painted in surf mist
all external colour bond items in shale grey with the exception of our flashing which we want to blend into the brick work and have chosen evening haze.
Interior:
whisper white paint and also square set cornices for living areas.
floors are Cat2 artesan Venice in the wide board for our carpet we stuck with Cat1 Laguna Keys but upgraded to purple underlay
Cat 3.
We have also extended our floorboards in the kids passage way as we didn't want carpet near our wet areas.
Kitchen is where we have upgraded the most with all appliances now bosch. double inset square sink with pull out tap ware.
Concealed range hood in overhead cabinets with sublime teak laminate finish with the overhang lip, which means we don't need handles. For the rest of the cabinetry we have chosen a white in silk finish, and ocean foam ceaser stone bench tops. Our butlers pantry in a grey laminate bench top. Splashback is in grey pebble.
Bathrooms and powder follow same theme with vanity in teak finish with ocean foam bench tops
kids bathroom they have cat1 floor tiles in outback charcoal and cool white for walls and shower niche.
ensuite we have upgraded to 450x450mm tiles for floor an wall and gone with cat 2 dolomite grey and shower niche
Basic electrical package is enough for us as my brother is an A grade, ands uncle owns a pool company and is doing the shell for the pool before the slab us poured so that will be in march sometime, and That's is for now! the waiting game begins!
Hi Jane, glad I found your thread. Your colours will look great. We are also hoping to put a pool in but we will see how we go with space once the house is finished.

Are you using the Homeone website or the Tapatalk app? I'm hopeless with technology too but it so much easier using the app.

oh ok ill get the app today thanks!
Ok so I got tapatalk!
Now for the fun stuff! As I mentioned the exteriors colours are these

Kitchen and floorboards

Kids bathroom:
Sticking with the timber laminate in natural and ocean foam benchtop but just standard tiles

Ensuite:
Upgraded our tiles and have got floor and walls in 450mmx450mm dolomite grey with the same vanity colours as kids

Carpet is Laguna keys which is a cat 1 still but this will get us through the next few years and then we can upgrade as needed love the dark tone against the white walls (whisper white paint throughout house)

Our house plan, Henley homes Monaco lux 2:
Husband is extending deck 1meter out towards the back and towards the side fence, pool will run horizontally along back fence up the right hand side so you can see it through the back doors and while your in the kitchen

Hopefully we hear back about our dispensation in the next fortnight then we can dig our pool shell and get the next soil test done. This part really drags doesn't it?!

Following your thread! So far your choices look fantastic.. Your kitchen colours sounds very similar to ours
Hey Ryalls! You know what, I think there is a few of us now that have the same style I have been stalking for about 6 months and only now am I finding people that are going the whites greys and timber. I love it! Do you have a thread and where abouts are you building?

My build viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81627&p=1505759#p1505759
JaneW
Hey Ryalls! You know what, I think there is a few of us now that have the same style I have been stalking for about 6 months and only now am I finding people that are going the whites greys and timber. I love it! Do you have a thread and where abouts are you building?

I agree, I absolutely looooove the grey white and timber!! Although my hubby is worried we are going to come out with a big grey house lol

Yes i have a thread, I think you should be able to click the link in my signature (Hopefully it works - Im still learning lol).. Unfortunately its pretty boring at the moment as we are still waiting for council approval. We are building in Newcastle
Very similar colours to mine. We have the exact same tiles in our bathrooms. Are you doing floor to ceiling tiles? And do u have a feature tile at all?

Hi! I love your floor plans and selections, I would like timber floors with dark carpet also, but my husband wants tiles so see how I go at selections, lol
looking forward to seeing it all come together!
Hey Lish, Nah we just wanted to go very simple and classic, and to be honest we didn't even look for feature tiles. Yep we loved them and I especially like the marble look that runs through the dolomite grey. We aren't doing floor to ceilings....how much did it cost extra? I didn't even ask..Also how do I get into your thread Lish can you add the link on next time we chat, cheers
Haha Rhylls mine was the same he wasn't sold on the grey tones but now we have broken it up with nice timber features and He has come around
try and copy and paste your link if you can would love to have a read of yours, wow Newcastle what a beautiful place!!

Hey ntonk! Thank you so much
we also thought about tiles for the living areas but when we finally went into Henley they had a special on and it was for timber and carpets so we were able to upgrade our timber for a fraction of the cost, I'm happy now as timber does offer a warm feeling especially during winter and we thought Tiles during Melbourne winters won't be nice on the kids feet...or mine

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81147&start=20

I think we ended up paying about $1200 for floor the ceiling tiles. A lot of display homes had this feature so I thought it was probably worth the extra cost. I'm just hoping its not too grey.

Did you go with the Riven timber laminate?
No I don't think it will be at all, it will add luxury to your bathrooms!! I wish we could but that would be too much out of the pocket for us atm. We went with artesian Venice floor laminate in the wide board and for the vanitys and overhead kitchen cupboards we went sublime teak laminate.
I love your feature tiles I finally found your thread again, hahaha. Your house will be amazing when it's done I can't wait to watch it all unfold

Nice selections, following!

And the demo begins! These guys have been amazing started on Friday last week and going hard for us
even let my husband keep some of the studs from walls as its all hardwood so he can build a couple of tables for inside and outside when we are done, something to remember the old house by

Yay for a positive demolition experience

Thanks god for that!
I am sending good vibes to parky for you!

Hi JaneW, we are doing a knock down rebuild in Bayside too. How did you find Council and did you have to do report and consent?
Also, which demo company did you use?
Thanks.
JLH222
Hi JaneW, we are doing a knock down rebuild in Bayside too. How did you find Council and did you have to do report and consent?
Also, which demo company did you use?
Thanks.

Hey! We are in the process now of doing a report and consent, at the moment we are waiting for our neighbours to respond to our application and then Henley will apply for report and consent and building application. Our council which is Frankston and are apparently pretty good. we also did our own report of houses in our street and what their current setbacks are, which I think will help our case.
We used for Demo CDE developments and they we amazing and really professional I would recommend them.
Where abouts are you guys knocking down? Do you have a thread??

Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum