Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR Sekisui House - St George

Page 30 of 82
cat_dunc
ehhc
Can it be locked from the inside without keys?

Oh yes - make sure it has a privacy latch from inside still.

I haven't check if the door can be lock from inside, if not I will put one of this cheap hook in. LOL

I'm waiting an opportunity to sneak in and check. Carpenters are here everyday this week.
Yes they were working in the rain yesterday.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81624
Windows are in for first floor.

Yes this Out Door Living door can be lock from inside.

No carpenters today, they have clean up the site too.

Wasted materials, I may pick up floor boards cut off to make into shelf in the garage.

shazaw

Our Acacia build - http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=86619
That's looking great! I can't wait to see the same with ours!!

shazaw

Nice! its even got a colour code to say locked or not??
shazaw
Sliding door between alfresco and kitchen. Loving it soooo much!!! really open out from kitchen

Hey Shazza (hope you don't mind that name)

What is the orange stuff? Noticed you and trimum have this but we don't. Is it a termite barrier? We have this in our contract "Chemical reticulation pest control treatment"

Oh our frames have started... what the.. didn't expect it all! They weren't even meant to be delivered until tomorrow
ehhc

What is the orange stuff? Noticed you and trimum have this but we don't. Is it a termite barrier? We have this in our contract "Chemical reticulation pest control treatment"

Oh our frames have started... what the.. didn't expect it all! They weren't even meant to be delivered until tomorrow

At first I thought it was termite guard but my neighbour (former builder) said that is damp proof barrier, bricks will goes on top of it. Same material as the black weather proof around windows.

Sorry you can't just call me Shazza! More likely AUNTY Shazaw. LOL

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
Hi . Please can you pm me the details of who you used for your tiger tails and the cost. Thanks

dreamh0me
Hi . Please can you pm me the details of who you used for your tiger tails and the cost. Thanks

The telegraph pole in front of our house has connections to two houses on opposite side of the road, and carry high voltage power lines. After calling out to other Electrician for tiger tails... they mentioned we have to call Ausgrid as only Ausgrid has authorities to handle high voltage power lines. So tiger tails were installed by Ausgrid.

Ausgrid Ph no. 13 13 65

shazaw
ehhc

At first I thought it was termite guard but my neighbour (former builder) said that is dump proof barrier, bricks will goes on top of it. Same material as the black weather proof around windows.

Sorry you can't just call me Shazza! More likely AUNTY Shazaw. LOL

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624

Thank you Aunty Shazza lol
Just drive by the site this morning and saw unfamiliar Ute parked in front, I got very excited when I saw the driver was wearing Burbank logo shirt. So he is our new SS from Southern Highlands. He also gave me a good news. Bricks will be deliver this week!!!

I'm so glad got my noggings done for ground floor hallway after many little chit chat with carpenters asking How they are with new company? offer to get coffee for them... apologising for being on site, of course I didn't go in just stood out side the fence... making excuse that I'm buzzing with excitement to see timber frames going up and other stupid questions like " Will the frame stud strong enough to hang 17.5 kg wood carving? He than make a suggestion to have noggings in between studs" oh yes win..win...win He asked me the length of wood carving ? and give suggestion how I should hang on the wall.

But I do wants more noggings for first floor hall way. Our electrician already charged $35 per nogging for my chandelier. And I will need noggings for light on top of dinning table too. The needs for noggings never ends.

Don't worry too much about whether you get extra noggings in the correct place or not.
I have used plasterboard screws very successfully to hang heavy things like wall cabinets as well as lighter stuff like Tv's and large paintings.
They take a lot of load, and you can easily just bang extras in if you are concerned.

If you are not sure what I mean, this is the sort of thing:
https://www.bunnings.com.au/zenith-10kg ... k_p4080006
I tend to go with the metal version (rather than plastic) most of the time as the tips are nice and strong when you get started punching into the plasterboard.

Of course, they do leave a larger hole if you need to remove the item from the wall in the future, but it can still be bogged up pretty easily.
clintdb
Don't worry too much about whether you get extra noggings in the correct place or not.
I have used plasterboard screws very successfully to hang heavy things like wall cabinets as well as lighter stuff like Tv's and large paintings.
They take a lot of load, and you can easily just bang extras in if you are concerned.

If you are not sure what I mean, this is the sort of thing:
https://www.bunnings.com.au/zenith-10kg ... k_p4080006
I tend to go with the metal version (rather than plastic) most of the time as the tips are nice and strong when you get started punching into the plasterboard.

Of course, they do leave a larger hole if you need to remove the item from the wall in the future, but it can still be bogged up pretty easily.

Yes I have used this product for curtain rod holder and due to continuous opening and closing curtain the hole becomes loose and damaged , end up having too many new hole around the original hole. It is good for hanging picture frames.

I just wanted to have strong backing like nogging for future as I'm thinking of getting another wood carving which may be 15kg to 20kg in weight for first floor hallway.

Our SS did mention that bricks will be deliver by end of the week.
And no bricks onsite!

So nothing happen for the last two weeks.
I do know that there are shortage of brick layers but wondering if there are shortage of bricks!!
They better deliver my bricks next week.

shazaw
Our SS did mention that bricks will be deliver by end of the week.
And no bricks onsite!

So nothing happen for the last two weeks.
I do know that there are shortage of brick layers but wondering if there are shortage of bricks!!
They better deliver my bricks next week.

Hey Shazaw

If it makes you feel better we are the same. I was told two weeks ago the plumbing would be done, site cleaned, bricks delivered and started by the time we got back from holidays. We got back on Thursday and the plumbing had just been done and no other movement

Chin up, we'll get there in the end. Let's hope the rain stays away 🤞🏻

I will go down to our site today to check if anything has been done this week. We haven't heard anything from SS this week so that's a sign that nothing was done!

Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum