Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR Sekisui House - St George

Page 26 of 82
btw I hear you about the cleaning. The ones over the dining table are ok. Just need a dust which is easy. But my pendants in the kitchen are glass. Yep. Lots of cleaning needed there (except I don't do it so.. it looks dusty a lot of the time
)

BUT.. we didn't want a house full of downlights as it's too modern a look for us! and more buts... we also don't have high enough ceilings to get away with gorgeous lights. So for now we still have the ugly hats/ballerinas from handover time in most places
My kitchen light at current place, your ballerinas will look much better.
Thank you every one for all your thoughts
I'm leaning more towards track lights for island bench and pendants for dinning room.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81624
shazaw
My kitchen light at current place, your ballerinas will look much better.

Eeeeekkkkk!!! *Danger Danger Warning Warning*
shazaw
We have electrical appointment next week Tuesday, I'm totally in dilemma about what I should do for Island bench and dinning table lights.
So far I do have three light points on the ceiling above the Island bench and three light point above dinning table. If I have pendants over dinning table.... I don't think I should have pendants over the Island bench. In my opinions having pendant lights for both will be over kill.

Option 1. Three down/LED lights for Island bench .... Three pendant lights for dinning table

Option 2. Three pendant lights for island bench.... One pendant for dinning table

Option 3. Long track lights for island bench ..... Three pendant lights for dinning table
( will it be out dated to have track lights or totally over kill )

Option 4. ?????

How difficult will it be if I wants to put LED lights after handover... for island bench?

I had the same dilemma!! We have chosen option 2 for the same reason, too many pendants seemed overkill

Our Acacia build - viewtopic.php?t=86619
I think it depends what pendant light fittings they are. Ie, are they big or coloured, or small and glass? I think any of the above combinations could work great if you pick the right light fittings
Thank you Cat, we already paid for those extra JB next to the light point so we don't wants to remove them too. I will just have to go with hubby's choice.... down /Led for island bench and three pendants for dinning room. So less extra dusting over island.

Big delivery of frames arrived today. these are for upper floor and outdoor living area.

I should add - the other reason we just went with downlights throughout the lounge/dining area was that it wouldn't look odd if we decided to move the dining table a little bit away from directly under the lights.

With pendants, if you need a bit more circulation space on one side, or change the shape/size of your dining table then the lights either look out of place or you have to change them too

When it's just downlights, they are just lights in a grid in a room, so the furniture placement/size underneath doesn't matter so much.
Carpenters are back today. As per tradies windows should have arrived last week Friday so they can crane up windows to first floor before they start frames for first floor.
We have complimentary electrical appointment tomorrow. We still have much to add extra and change position of current light points.
Thinking of this light over dinning table.
May be too big?

One thing for sure very easy to clean!!
ooooh! How big is it?
The outer ring is 80 cm diameter. Looks simple and clean... can adjust to different angles. This will match circular shape for void chandelier lights and keeping very simple for island bench ( down light only).

Much different from what I will have for void area.
I have no idea what I was thinking when I purchased this huge chandelier 2 years ago....keeping my mouth shut now.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
Thats your void chandelier??? That exact light??? Holy moly it's amazing! and ginormous :O
cat_dunc
Thats your void chandelier??? That exact light??? Holy moly it's amazing! and ginormous :O

Same pattern 3 meter long... smaller than the one in the photo. All I can remember is oval shape at different angles.

I saw some nice circle pendant lights last week... which will be more suitable for void.

Option 1.

Option 2. 5 rings with different angles

shazaw
Big delivery of frames arrived today. these are for upper floor and outdoor living area.

Your carpenters still wear Sekisui shirts?
Not sure if carpenters were wearing Sekisui shirt, Don't they all wear same colour work wears. Either florescent green or orange colour shirts. I did remember one of the concrete guy was wearing Sekisui's shirt.

And Windows company had delivered all windows today. OMG those sliding doors are BIG!!

Dinning room window
Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum