Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR Sekisui House - St George

Page 81 of 82
shazaw
k3nnis
Congrats! What’s the feeling like?:)

Any issues?

Mixed feeling.... happy to have the house keys in our hands officially. Also feels daunting to unpack. Even though I have already moved 90% of kitchen stuff before hand.
Feels great and over the moon to have Final OC and we don't have to wait to apply for OC until all landscaping finished.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
Landscaping Thread : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=86133

That’s good

No stress with the final OC unless you need to sell the house

I got mine after landscaping done with my big retaining walls.

Enjoy your home!

Fee121
Congratulations!! You are going to love being in your new home

Thank you Fee121, yes I'm finding the house very big.... son were unpacking their boxes in their own room, we were sitting in the dinning room and every time they have questions they have to walk along way.
We had our first dinner over there as we have not fully moved over so we are back at Townhouse now. We will move over weekend.

Are you all settle now Fee... or does it take times to settle in.

Landscape Thread : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=86133
That’s such good news great seeing your keys it feels so real when those are in your hands!! I agree about the house feeling big, we notice that when the doorbell goes we have to almost start running to the door as it’s such a long hallway and takes an age to get to the door from any room!

ehhc
Lol I saw your post saying soon but didn’t expect that soon!!! Congratulations guys
did they have a gift?

No gift at all. But we did give a case of beer to SS.
As you know we were chasing for Final OC from certifier after he gave a pass for landscaping as part of council's requirements. Yesterday the lady from certifier's office said she will be typing out Final OC approval this morning so we got paperwork this morning around 11am and we called to inform SS to arrange for handover in the afternoon.
Hubby come back from office for handover. Both Hubby and SS took around 1:30hr to get to site and arriving at lunch time so I had time to cook simple dish one very simple fried rice.
So we sat around island bench and had lunch before hand over.

SS fixed the time on the oven, connected gas heater, cleaned island bench ( where sticky residue from masking tape left behind) and helped hubby to carry fence extension that arrived this morning. Over all he is very good SS.

Landscaping Thread : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=86133
shazaw
Fee121
Congratulations!! You are going to love being in your new home

Thank you Fee121, yes I'm finding the house very big.... son were unpacking their boxes in their own room, we were sitting in the dinning room and every time they have questions they have to walk along way.
We had our first dinner over there as we have not fully moved over so we are back at Townhouse now. We will move over weekend.

Are you all settle now Fee... or does it take times to settle in.

We are no where as organised as you Shazaw. We moved in on the weekend in late April when we got the keys but although very comfortable and settled we still have along way to go.
Our garage is still has boxes of stuff that needs to find a home. The office still needs to be set up properly and our pool needs to be finished, retaining walls and a deck to be built, (we are doing all that ourselves).
We are so happy in our space though and I wouldn’t change a thing.
You do find more things to be fixed. For example, the first big rainfall highlighted a gutter problem. But you stop seeing other things, such as a small paint splatter on the stairs.
I am sure you will enjoy your home as much as we do. Happy moving

Fee121
We are no where as organised as you Shazaw. We moved in on the weekend in late April when we got the keys but although very comfortable and settled we still have along way to go.
Our garage is still has boxes of stuff that needs to find a home. The office still needs to be set up properly and our pool needs to be finished, retaining walls and a deck to be built, (we are doing all that ourselves).
We are so happy in our space though and I wouldn’t change a thing.
You do find more things to be fixed. For example, the first big rainfall highlighted a gutter problem. But you stop seeing other things, such as a small paint splatter on the stairs.
I am sure you will enjoy your home as much as we do. Happy moving

Our final move will be tomorrow morning and I will have to come back to clean up this town house.
I do enjoyed staying here.

Fee enjoy your landscaping. Doing your own DIY will give you satisfaction.

Congrats Shazaw!!! We have had so much going on, that the house has been a second thought, which is okay given we have had so much take place.

We are finally enclosed, waiting for internal doors and carpentry to finish this week! Been told approx. 8 weeks to go. We have eveything crossed. Sorry pictures are miminal because we always have the kids with us who are too little to allow on site so it is always a dash in and out.

So everyone now have keys and have moved in - that is so nice to hear. I am sure everyone got to a stage where not thinking about it made it easier. I am hoping 8 weeks will fly and we wake up and....boom, we have a house. 😂

Savour every moment, you have waited a long time. Enjoy!!!
Ok we now have internet and phone connection.

Last week Thursday we ordered PAX Wardrobe from IKEA and delivered on Sunday morning. Hubby can only works on it in the evening so wardrobe are not finished yet, which means I still have clothes in boxes and baskets.

It was hard to pack every things from townhouse still haven't move things from shed.

SabBuild
Congrats Shazaw!!! We have had so much going on, that the house has been a second thought, which is okay given we have had so much take place.

We are finally enclosed, waiting for internal doors and carpentry to finish this week! Been told approx. 8 weeks to go. We have eveything crossed. Sorry pictures are miminal because we always have the kids with us who are too little to allow on site so it is always a dash in and out.

So everyone now have keys and have moved in - that is so nice to hear. I am sure everyone got to a stage where not thinking about it made it easier. I am hoping 8 weeks will fly and we wake up and....boom, we have a house. 😂

Savour every moment, you have waited a long time. Enjoy!!!

Good to hear from you sabBuild, wishing every things will be smooth run for you. Hang in there...soon you will be very busy packing and unpacking.

Yes bad days are behind us and going to enjoy living here. Both hubby and I are really happy with the little deck at the back just enough to put chairs and relax.

How good is it to be in!! Enjoy Shazaw you’ve waited long enough for it all to happen. I honestly thought it would be an anticlimax after all the stress and upset of the delays and errors but have to say I absolutely love our home and look forward to coming home every day. I went to Melbourne for a long weekend with my daughter and despite having a great time I couldn’t wait to come home

So happy for you Shazaw! Congratulations!! 😀🍾🎊
Ready for dinner

Love and love my kitchen.
Yes microwave has gone on top of bench top. Keeping chopping boards at microwave space and any unwashed dishes have a hidden spot under the island bench.

We have connected correct cold and hot water for washing machine but every time I unload after wash I found that clothes are very warm, after fiddling with taps found that the plumber has mixed up hot and cold taps. That not the only one with hot and cold mistake.... the master ensuite bath tub's taps has the same problem. And they miss grouting for the top part of soap holder and near laundry sliding door.

Hi, lovely house! Could u let me know name of concreter you used?
I’m looking through your thread, was there photos of your landscaping/lawns? We have similar issues with slope, etc.
Thanks!!
shazaw
Ready for dinner

Love and love my kitchen.
Yes microwave has gone on top of bench top. Keeping chopping boards at microwave space and any unwashed dishes have a hidden spot under the island bench.

So so so so good! Yay so glad you're in and completely loving it all.
Love seeing pics of your home it is great seeing a different style of the home we have. You have really done an amazing job both inside and out!

Loving our new dining table. The old dining table is still next to the lounge.

So nice to have a tree in the hallway but flowers didn't last long
Walkway next to outdoor living area... Now need to have plants in the little planter box. Landscaper will be working on paving at the back of outdoor living area for shed to go on top.

ooh very nice!
Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum