Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR Sekisui House - St George

Page 55 of 82
Your Island bench is definitely not over-sized, it looks perfect to me! I'm kicking myself that we didn't widen ours!!
The original width of the bench is 90cm.
As this will be main eating area. Hubby wanted more legs room under the bench so we added extra 30cm to allow 40cm legs room under the bench.
shazaw
As this will be main eating area. Hubby wanted more legs room under the bench so we added extra 30cm to allow 40cm legs room under the bench.

G’day. Can I ask if the upgrade was a lot of money. We want to upgrade the bench for the legroom as well so I am really interested if it’s a bit hit over the standard.
Cheers
Simon
Salfield
shazaw

G’day. Can I ask if the upgrade was a lot of money. We want to upgrade the bench for the legroom as well so I am really interested if it’s a bit hit over the standard.
Cheers
Simon

We signed the contract back in Nov 2014.

Total cost of kitchen design modifications comes to $5474.

Addition to above modifications we upgrade following extras

- ducting of the rangehood to external wall $255
- finger grip for overhead cupboard doors $80
- silk finish paint to base cabinets and overhead cabinets $900
- pull down sink mixer $197
- 40mm edging for cooktop bench 4 meters long $1575
- 2* 40mm edging waterfall ends to servery ( island bench) $1514
- increase depth of kitchen island bench to 1200mm $1536
- laminated overhead cabinet above fridge space $416
- increase height of pantry doors to 2340mm $537
- increase height of overhead cupboards to be in line with pantry doors height $835
- silk finish laminated panel behind rangehood $240

Always request for the cost of any individual items to upgrade or change ... you can always drop the item later if you don't like the price.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
shazaw
Salfield
shazaw

Cheers
Simon

We signed the contract back in Nov 2014.

Total cost of kitchen design modifications comes to $5474.

Addition to above modifications we upgrade following extras
Thank you. I could live with $1500 for the extension even though I am sure it’s still a rip off.

- ducting of the rangehood to external wall $255
- finger grip for overhead cupboard doors $80
- silk finish paint to base cabinets and overhead cabinets $900
- pull down sink mixer $197
- 40mm edging for cooktop bench 4 meters long $1575
- 2* 40mm edging waterfall ends to servery ( island bench) $1514
- increase depth of kitchen island bench to 1200mm $1536
- laminated overhead cabinet above fridge space $416
- increase height of pantry doors to 2340mm $537
- increase height of overhead cupboards to be in line with pantry doors height $835
- silk finish laminated panel behind rangehood $240

Always request for the cost of any individual items to upgrade or change ... you can always drop the item later if you don't like the price.

Today update, Main electrical pole installed, painters started on ground floor's walls and waterproofing for balcony floor.

Looking so good shazaw
The overhead cupboards you have there is much better proportion than standard

oooh looking the goods Shazaw!
This is at front entry somehow there are two level of ceiling.
Should I request for same level ceiling or request a quick paint for the row of bricks white to blend in with ceiling.
shazaw
Should I request for same level ceiling or request a quick paint for the row of bricks white to blend in with ceiling.

That seems very odd. I would think it should be one level....

shazaw

I will have to take a pic of ours, we haven’t had it completed but I hadn’t noticed a step like that
They should have made ceiling same level.
The original front ceiling was worst looking. A row of bricks was showing on both side so I asked SS to drop down the small section of ceiling and capped the row of bricks but carpenter did not capped the row of bricks. They should know how to do things correctly I should not be asking for little things to finish off nicely.

There are too many areas that Painter had marked with pencil for repatching, refilling needed to be work by plaster guy.

SS is waiting for approval from his management to replace incorrect size kitchen cooktop bench and base cabinets, as this was admin mistake. How long will it take to approve?... I don't want refund!!! I do wants correct size stone top and base cabinets. After looking into kitchen from different angles we needs to have full sized cooktop bench to balance off the huge island bench at the front.
At the moment the 60cm cooktop bench looks short and small from distance. Definitely not balance!!

Our roof tiling is still not finish!! and I told bathroom tilers to redo some floor tiling as they did really bad job. Now they are waiting for more floor tiles to be deliver.

Hmm so the lintel that holds the bricks up (where the step is) should of been 1 row higher?

You're having timber feature on the front arent you? I wonder if they could line it in timber boards to match the other timber feature, wrap it up over the step, so you see the edge as well? So its "meant" to be lower?
Like this?

Probably should add though - looks like they stuffed up! Is there a dashed line where the ceiling step is on your plans? if not then yeah it should be level.

Can you show us a picture from further back including the front balcony area please?

Cat_dunc you have come up with great idea. builder mistake leads to my advantage.

Yes ceiling should have come down to cover the bricks row, but they only fixed the smaller section of two ceiling, that why there is a step showing. I have told SS to cover bricks and still bricks are showing.

With cat's idea timber feature on ceiling is a good solution. I only have timer feature at the front of balcony so should flows in

So nice to have buddies on H1. hehe

Haha that’s one H1 is for! On closer inspection though that brick aligns with the outside of the garage? So you’d have to be careful how any timber ceiling is detailed as it will poke out slightly here from the wall.

Timber feature should be fine as there is pillars on the front sections of bricks row.
I will take better picture tomorrow.

Ok this photo show where the smaller section of step down ceiling behind the pillars.
Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum