Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Metricon Glendale 42 Limited Edition in Geelong

Page 131 of 138
kylz4
Thanks guys, had a walk through with construction manager tonight so hubby could check it out as he can't make inspection tomorrow morning. It's looking really good, still a few things to go but he is still confident for Saturday handover!!!

They are going to stain darker and I've asked for door to be done also due to all our hassles! He's said he will speak to higher management about it but might be a possibility 🤞🤞

Renderers still need to finish alfresco and front piers

Nawkaw might still need to come back re mortar colour to front bricks

Carpet has been stretched to meet tiles properly at ensuite and bathroom/toilet. Looks a lot better but can tell it's a tight fit as you can see between carpet fibres to white mesh a little where it folds down. They won't replace it so we want it in writing that if it wears there in short period they will replace it then

Stacker door to first floor is rattly

Quadding at front door looks a bit wonky, drops down to join corner.

Need inspector to check garage roofing thoroughly to see where leak may have been coming from as m haven't been able to find anything!

Wow that's good news Kylz. Glad things are good your side. I can tell it was a much better walk through
excellent about stain!! Yay
what door will you been staining? And what are you going with?
Excellent idea with carpet

Hopefully the leak problem gets resolved soon. Is the inspector yours or M,s?
Lastly about front door? Do you have a pic on this since we have same door

Your bound to get your keys this week!! Woohoo

Emmz70
kylz4
Thanks guys, had a walk through with construction manager tonight so hubby could check it out as he can't make inspection tomorrow morning. It's looking really good, still a few things to go but he is still confident for Saturday handover!!!

They are going to stain darker and I've asked for door to be done also due to all our hassles! He's said he will speak to higher management about it but might be a possibility 🤞🤞

Carpet has been stretched to meet tiles properly at ensuite and bathroom/toilet. Looks a lot better but can tell it's a tight fit as you can see between carpet fibres to white mesh a little where it folds down. They won't replace it so we want it in writing that if it wears there in short period they will replace it then

Need inspector to check garage roofing thoroughly to see where leak may have been coming from as m haven't been able to find anything!

Wow that's good news Kylz. Glad things are good your side. I can tell it was a much better walk through

I know, felt much better looking around and seeing less issues everywhere!!

Re staining front door charcoal if they agree 🤞🤞

Going to get Darbecca to check for leak source. Hope he finds something as there is definitely an issue there somewhere!!

Front door

kylz4
Emmz70
kylz4

Going to get Darbecca to check for leak source. Hope he finds something as there is definitely an issue there somewhere!!

Front door

Oh yes I'm glad you've converted to the dark side and went charcoal
I blame Orph, loved the colour of door and I jumped ship. That would look awesome with your bricks

Glad it's Darbecca what we can't see they'll see for sure

Super good news your side. I'm sure our door was the same seemed a bit wonky as well I must take a closer look tomorrow

It's all sounding very promising Kylz! 🤞🤞

Very exciting, Kylz! So close now!! I love the look of your rendered outdoor room

Our front door stain is charcoal too...gorgeous colour

Metricon Metro 32 KDRB Bayside Melbourne
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84012
Emmz70
kylz4
Emmz70
[quote="kylz4"]Thanks guys, had a walk through with construction manager tonight so hubby could check it out as he can't make inspection tomorrow morning. It's looking really good, still a few things to go but he is still confident for Saturday handover!!!

Front door

I blame Orph, loved the colour of door and I jumped ship. That would look awesome with your bricks

Super good news your side. I'm sure our door was the same seemed a bit wonky as well I must take a closer look tomorrow

[/quote]

Haha Emmz, yep converted. Orph's was the decider for me too lol. I just went down to studio m to deselect colour as they are using a cabots range instead for some reason. Going with black coca or something?

Darbecca ticked off most things but there were a couple of new ones.

So outstanding issues are...

* stain to stairs and front door
* carpet to master replaced
* Render to front piers and alfresco (replace balustrade brackets and bolts)
* floor level at front corner of entry
* pierced black plastic behind bricks - check all other weep holes
* nawkaw to fix mortar to front feature bricks
* pipe from rumpus downpipe to be lowered further below ground
* paint patch/touch ups to interior and alfresco ceiling
* back gutter at garage cleaned out
* powder room vanity still slightly not level
* hinges to powder room door wrong way around
* mark/chip to interior of window splashback frame (left hand side)
* rubber lifted on exterior of bedroom 3 window (bottom right when looking from inside)
* porch and alfresco to be painted and sealed and driveway to be re sealed (not sure about painted as its coloured concrete and don't want paint peeling etc down track on driveway!??)

Have just heard from construction manager and almost everything has been booked to be completed by Saturday morning ready for handover. Only ones that may be delayed are render finished off due to weather and nawkaw coming back to do mortar recolouring to feature brick area. Fingers crossed all goes to plan and still get keys Saturday 🤞🤞🤞

So glad for you Kylz4... looking terrific hope they get it all done for Saturday!
kylz4
Emmz70
kylz4
[quote="Emmz70"][quote="kylz4"]Thanks guys, had a walk through with construction manager tonight so hubby could check it out as he can't make inspection tomorrow morning. It's looking really good, still a few things to go but he is still confident for Saturday handover!!!

Front door

[/quote]

Haha Emmz, yep converted. Orph's was the decider for me too lol. I just went down to studio m to deselect colour as they are using a cabots range instead for some reason. Going with black coca or something?

Darbecca ticked off most things but there were a couple of new ones.

So outstanding issues are...

* stain to stairs and front door
* carpet to master replaced
* Render to front piers and alfresco (replace balustrade brackets and bolts)
* floor level at front corner of entry
* pierced black plastic behind bricks - check all other weep holes
* nawkaw to fix mortar to front feature bricks
* pipe from rumpus downpipe to be lowered further below ground
* paint patch/touch ups to interior and alfresco ceiling
* back gutter at garage cleaned out
* powder room vanity still slightly not level
* hinges to powder room door wrong way around
* mark/chip to interior of window splashback frame (left hand side)
* rubber lifted on exterior of bedroom 3 window (bottom right when looking from inside)
* porch and alfresco to be painted and sealed and driveway to be re sealed (not sure about painted as its coloured concrete and don't want paint peeling etc down track on driveway!??)

Have just heard from construction manager and almost everything has been booked to be completed by Saturday morning ready for handover. Only ones that may be delayed are render finished off due to weather and nawkaw coming back to do mortar recolouring to feature brick area. Fingers crossed all goes to plan and still get keys Saturday 🤞🤞🤞

[/quote]

Yes!!!! Everyone will be at yours then. Hopefully you get that handover because you truly deserve it

Hope it all goes smooth for you! =)
Wow that's a lot of little things booked before Saturday. If only they all moved that quickly when it's not handover week
. Good luck!

Thanks so much guys, I hope it all goes to plan!! Hubby had a bit of an argument regarding the carpet tonight, they have stretched it to make it meet tiles and where it's folded down you can see white mesh fibres showing through in sections. They think it's good enough to leave but inspector and us both think it should be replaced. We will see what happens there, hopefully will have an answer on that tomorrow!! We said we'd still move in on sat and put nothing in that room if they can't get guy there this week but expect it finished by next week at the latest!

Can't believe you're almost over the finish line! I'm so happy for you! That carpet doesn't sound right. If you're not happy now you will lose all leverage after u handover. Plus not to mention to drama of having to arrange to be home and move furniture down the track. I would push to have it changed now

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Well after a few big arguments they are refusing to change the carpet in the master bedroom. It's supposedly 'good enough'. Great attitude to have!! To save a few hundred dollars (it's only cat 1 carpet) they are making us even more disgruntled clients that will be telling anyone that will listen to steer clear from them!

So handover is still on track for Saturday but haven't been given a time yet. That's ok though, we don't have kids to run to birthday parties and trucks to book etc!
not really even excited about handover at the moment. I think once we get the keys and they f@&* off it will be better!!

I can't believe how poor their customer service has become! Wow! We are experiencing so many problems that we are totally not excited about our new home. There are so many things we are just going to have to live with... meeting area manager tomorrow after escalation so let's see how that goes.

It sucks doesn't it!!

Oh, Kylz that's really sh!t of them. Like you said, for the sake of a few hundred dollars they should just replace it. Show of good faith too after all your delays.
I agree with you, once they're out of the picture you can start to enjoy your home

Wow that's so ridiculous and unbelievable!

kylz4
Well after a few big arguments they are refusing to change the carpet in the master bedroom. It's supposedly 'good enough'. Great attitude to have!! To save a few hundred dollars (it's only cat 1 carpet) they are making us even more disgruntled clients that will be telling anyone that will listen to steer clear from them!

So handover is still on track for Saturday but haven't been given a time yet. That's ok though, we don't have kids to run to birthday parties and trucks to book etc!
not really even excited about handover at the moment. I think once we get the keys and they f@&* off it will be better!!

A quick post on product review might do the trick

Not sure if it still happens but porter davis used to have someone lurking on these boards who would answer questions and help those building with them who had issues. Pity M doesn't do the same.

My build - viewtopic.php?t=87470
M definitely has people on these forums...but they are just watchers and don't post/comment.

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum