Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Metricon Glendale 42 Limited Edition in Geelong

Page 130 of 138
We are on track for PCI re inspection Wednesday morning, only issue that won't be finished is the stair stain. They have found the source of problem, painters got Old Baltic paint but some reducer wasn't put in it to tone down the colour or something, he said like full strength cordial. Soooo they have to sand back a bit and re stain. We've asked them to go darker because we are worried they would have to sand it too far to get ALL colour out and they might botch it up!!
so asking for black Japan, just have to wait for confirmation.

If this is done in time handover will be this Saturday but otherwise it will be next week/weekend!!

kylz4
We are on track for PCI re inspection Wednesday morning, only issue that won't be finished is the stair stain. They have found the source of problem, painters got Old Baltic paint but some reducer wasn't put in it to tone down the colour or something, he said like full strength cordial. Soooo they have to sand back a bit and re stain. We've asked them to go darker because we are worried they would have to sand it too far to get ALL colour out and they might botch it up!!
so asking for black Japan, just have to wait for confirmation.

If this is done in time handover will be this Saturday but otherwise it will be next week/weekend!!

Awesome Kylz best of luck Wednesday
Let's hope it it's this week or next!!!! Are you still using Darbecca?
That's not bad just staining to go I'll be crossing both fingers and toes for you.

That's great news Kylz. Best of luck with the last few steps.

Exciting new Kylz. Finger cross there's not too many outstanding issues.

Yay, that's great news!
🀞🏻🀞🏻🀞🏻🀞🏻

Metricon Metro 32 KDRB Bayside Melbourne
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84012
Thank you so much Emmz, VM37, Renman and JLH222! I have everything crossed that the stairs can be done by this weekend but unfortunately I don't hold too much hope! They have to sand them back and then stain 2 coats and a top coat. How long does each coat need to dry, does anyone know?

Good luck Kylz!!!
Do you know the brand? Maybe you can google the instructions?

bank
Do you know the brand? Maybe you can google the instructions?

Oh good thinking!!!!

Japan back seems to be the most popular colour for the staircase.

So stain is supposedly fast drying, 30min-1hr between cats and 12 hours for top coat so hoping they can get it done this week!!!

Black Japan or black??

I would go Black Japan as it still shows a bit more of the wood textures.

Neville S
I would go Black Japan as it still shows a bit more of the wood textures.

Same thinking here

Black Japan Kylz. Will look great

Thanks guys, was hoping you'd say that as that was what I told hubby to tell them lol

Some pics from yesterday

Finally our side fence is finished

Rendered alfresco

every time they fix something the f@&* something else up!

And our moonshadow bricks that had colour washed off quite a bit after too strong acid wash have been fixed up. They have lost their different tones
but still look good. I don't think the company fixed the mortar up though as it still looks very patch coloured!!

Tell me about, keep finding one thing fixed and two more things wrong.

So awesome to finally get fences up Kylz. Looks so good

Those bricks still look good after the tidy up they look a whole lot better than before.
The render looks good just a shame about the 'no care' attitude towards the surrounding areas.

We got Japan Black too. Good choice

I like the two tone of the fence.

Getting there! Not long to go now =)
Thanks guys, had a walk through with construction manager tonight so hubby could check it out as he can't make inspection tomorrow morning. It's looking really good, still a few things to go but he is still confident for Saturday handover!!!

They are going to stain darker and I've asked for door to be done also due to all our hassles! He's said he will speak to higher management about it but might be a possibility 🀞🀞

Renderers still need to finish alfresco and front piers

Nawkaw might still need to come back re mortar colour to front bricks

Carpet has been stretched to meet tiles properly at ensuite and bathroom/toilet. Looks a lot better but can tell it's a tight fit as you can see between carpet fibres to white mesh a little where it folds down. They won't replace it so we want it in writing that if it wears there in short period they will replace it then

Stacker door to first floor is rattly

Quadding at front door looks a bit wonky, drops down to join corner.

Need inspector to check garage roofing thoroughly to see where leak may have been coming from as m haven't been able to find anything!

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All πŸ™‚ We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum