Thanks so much everyone for your condolences, I was very close to my dad and he was a real character and is already so very very missed!!!
Anyway, life has continued on and with it comes more house stuff. My husband escalated things a few weeks ago to higher management so we have had the head manager of Geelong Metricon and one of the highest building managers overseeing our build. I had to do a walkthrough today myself as hubby can't take time off new job and they have fixed most of the inspector issues and some of ours but there are still things to be done.
* Renderers gave up come back to finish front piers (properly and not just messily around the balustrade brackets)
* stairs need holes filled and second coat of stain (is it normal for holes to be filled after first coat, we thought it would have been done before!?
* chipped tile to laundry and on balcony needs to be replaced. They were trying to do quick fix options to them but hubby is going to push them to replace them
* grout very thick at top of shower walls. Hubby wants them pulled off and fixed too but I'm worried removing shower screens etc will just make more mess than it's worth!?
* feature bricks need to be re painted after acid wash washing away paint and seeing a lot of red brick through it
* lots of paint touch ups still
* side panels to kitchen island need to be replaced due to chips
* island Benchtops has a few marks and also small chip along edge which I think they are going to sand!?!? $4k upgrade so better not screw it up!!!
* rear roller door to be replaced due to dent and scratches
* dent/scratches to stacker door frame
Don't think our inspector will be able to come back next Friday to do reinspection!!! Think handover could still be a good 3 weeks away yet!?