Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Oh, come on now...

Page 2 of 4
Can we see the bottom part of your floorplan with the measurements?

If there is any variation on either side, it should be on the plans as such.
Michelle
adlse
[img][img]http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii191/vonblanks/beach100308037.jpg[/img]

If you have another look at the plan you will see the window is slightly to the right on the plan….not in the centre.

Not in the centre outside………………BUT in the centre of the room inside!!!!!
Michelle

Sorry, I must be dumb, how can it not be both seeing as it's the only window in that wall, it has to be centre.....and the centreline chain line indicates it is as well....that the long dash-small dash-long dash line. The external dimensions is room dimension + 2 x stud + 2 x cavity + 2 x brick width...unless the quoins are non-symmetrical.
[img][IMG]http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii191/vonblanks/house002.jpg[/IMG]

[/img]
[img][img]http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii191/vonblanks/house002.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii191/vonblanks/house001.jpg[/img][/img]
to_do_list
Michelle

Sorry, I must be dumb, how can it not be both seeing as it's the only window in that wall, it has to be centre.....and the centreline chain line indicates it is as well....that the long dash-small dash-long dash line. The external dimensions is room dimension + 2 x stud + 2 x cavity + 2 x brick width...unless the quoins are non-symmetrical.

Take notice of where the hallway wall (internal) picks up from the external walls……
You will see the external wall protrudes slightly more to the left. (Front door)

Then internally, the hall way cuts off the internal walls…….thus making the lounge room wall smaller!

To me.....its very obvious.
External dimension = 3130 mm
Internal dimension = 2650 mm
Difference = 480 mm (2 x 240 mm = standard allowance for external wall)

Centreline marks shows window being in centre of room....

Elevation says it should be in the middle....

Sorry, I'm still dumb....
Im sorry Michelle... what :shock:

At the risk of sounding incredibly stupid, I have no idea what you are talking about. I just look at the pretty pictures and they look centre and my house does not...
The problem is with the study wall, yes? About a 1/4 brick wrong to the right, as Kevin said?

Michelle's comments are about the lounge room wall, and the front door being on the same wall as that. ( I think?)

Or have I misunderstood the whole thing ??
ohh

Im fine with the lounge room window, its the study window that bugging me.
Michelle
Michelle
adlse
[img][img]http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii191/vonblanks/beach100308037.jpg[/img]

If you have another look at the plan you will see the window is slightly to the right on the plan….not in the centre.

Take another look at the plan…………….now take into consideration the brick wall to the right of the front door, externally.

Now take another look at the same wall on the internals…….the hallway cuts the wall space short…..thus making the window centre internally…….not externally!!!!

Its so obvious!!!!
The study window is what I've been banging on about.....I'm sure that's the problem one.
to_do_list
The study window is what I've been banging on about.....I'm sure that's the problem one.

OMG………..I wondered why everyone couldn’t see it!!!!!!
I’ve been looking at the lounge wall!!!!!
LOL Michelle, you really had me scratching my head wondering what on earth you were talking about!! Now I get it, you are talking about the Lounge window!
That was really doing my head in, I think Im getting a migraine...
Michelle
You are right the living room window is not in the center (from the outside), but because the brick walls either side of it are wider from the out side it is not noticeable.
However the study window is where its more noticable, this is the window I believe adlse has a problem with
adlse
[/img]quote]

Lets try again…..
Michelle
Lets try again…..

NO!.....I like arguing with you.....
Yep……no reason why this window should not be in the centre.
Quoins should not make any difference to this.

Now......wasn’t that easy!!!!!
Related
15/08/2023
I often get asked if now is a good time to build

Building A New House

Well thats a relief! The whole family is sick of waiting.

16/01/2024
Now It's 0.3mm Gap For Double Glazing. It beats all the rest

Windows & Doors

This is one of the reasons I decided to go overseas for my double glazed windows. As the builder indicated, he's worked on many upmarket builds, these were the most well…

3/02/2024
Cooker now power after boil over

Kitchen Appliances

get an electrician to check and repair before you kill yourself

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum