Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

General construction cost breakdown

Page 1 of 1
Hello,

Iam looking at KDR of my current home and currently investigating to build approx 320sqm two storey home.

I cannot find a complied page of generic costings. Could someone please fill in the blanks below and send me link if other forum members have already done so?

for example

1. Site cost Breakdown
Electrical connection from main to house?
Fresh water connection from main to house?
Sewage connection to main to house?
any others?

2. Construction cost
Cut and Fill: ?
Footing: $?
Slab: $?
Retaining wall:?
Sewage plumbing: $?
Framing: $?
Roof tiles: $?
Electrical work: $?
Fresh water Plumbing: $?
Driveway:$?
Fencing:$?
Kitchen: $?
Bathroom: $?
any others?
I think you are going to find specifics like this impossible but we are currently doing a KDR in Sydney and you haven't included the costs of the actual KD. We had a very small 3 bed brick veneer, driveway and double garage and that was 15k.
Knock Down (KD) Demolition was $15K.

cool. Anyone else can fill in the other blanks?
could someone refer me to an existing thread that has that info? i did search but couldnt find it.
I don't think you will find such a thread as the costs are so variable
Eg my demo was $20k for small 2 bedroom full brick

Other examples
Retaining walls - how big are they
Kitchen - what upgrades have people chosen and what does the builder provide as standard
Cut and fill - sloping blocks costs would be very different to flat blocks

It's just not possible to create a list as each block, builder and individual selections are different
As per LouR's comment, you will struggle to find a lot of this here as your question is too broad. It comes under the " how long is a piece of string " scenario.
For instance " kitchen? "
Large, small, stone bench, laminate, basic, upmarket ? etc
You are better off looking at a general price per sq m cost for a standard quality house then adding in site costs.
Something like this here will get you in the ballpark
http://www.bmtqs.com.au/construction-cost-table

Stewie
If it's any help we are doing a KDR in Melbourne with a small volume builder. House is 2 storey 41.6sq (386square metres).
Base price of house $288K - upgrades, electrical & energy assessment costs (to take it back to 6 star energy rating) took the house price to circa $385K and then site costs of approx. $60K (sloping block) put our total cost at $445K.
Old Bloke
If it's any help we are doing a KDR in Melbourne with a small volume builder. House is 2 storey 41.6sq (386square metres).
Base price of house $288K - upgrades, electrical & energy assessment costs (to take it back to 6 star energy rating) took the house price to circa $385K and then site costs of approx. $60K (sloping block) put our total cost at $445K.

thanks OB.

OMG - 60K of site costs.

could you tell me the details contributed to your site costs? why is it so expensive?
We're just about to knock down (hopefully within the next couple of weeks
). Our demolition cost was about $21k. Site costs I think were around $18k though I'd need to check that - fairly flat block with a bit of fall from back to front requiring some cut and fill.

The house we chose (Rawson Benham) says something like $392k on the brochure at the display, including an upgraded facade. Our total cost is more like $475k plus we're doing a bunch of electricals post-handover, so I would say total around $485 excluding landscaping etc.

I can't really help with the breakdown of the specifics, sorry.
thanks Red.

similar to what i ask for OB.

The site cost $18K - what does Rawson includes?

wow demolition $21K - is your old house single or double brick and how many bedder?
zc12345
Old Bloke

thanks OB.

OMG - 60K of site costs.

could you tell me the details contributed to your site costs? why is it so expensive?

Modified slab with 51 piers $10k
Earthworks $17k
Retaining walls $11k
Energy rating $5k
Site re establishment $1.25k
Drainage $1.7k
Rock allowance $5k
Site access allowance $5k
Temp crushed rock on driveway $.67k
ZC the house we're knocking down is a TINY three bedroom brick veneer. We're having the builder do the knockdown so I am sure that pushed the price up a bit, although our friends knocked down a similar house a couple of years ago and the price wasn't far off what we're paying.
thanks Red.

How about the site cost breakdown of work? would you be able to share that with me?
Not sure how detailed our pricing was. I will try to check when I get home from work.
Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/09/2023
Builder suspended construction, demanding cost increase

Building A New House

How are you doing Ben? Extremely interested in hearing what you are doing or plan to do!

20/11/2023
Bearer & Joist/Pole Home Construction Cost

Building A New House

Hi Mrboh Just wondering if you have any BAL or flame zone issues on your block, as getting compliance with BAL requirements whilst doing bearers and joists is tough. Not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum