Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Is there anyone who bought land in Wantirna Rise?

Page 2 of 2
So for example if you have a lot that is say 32m in length, the front of your house needs to be setback 4m, garage needs to start 6m from front. Single storey/bottom floor of double storey needs to be 4m front from your neighbouring fence while the second floor will need to be set back 6m. So all in all you will lose 8m just from setbacks! I'll see if i can put a photi up so it is clearer.
Gosh thats a lot of front yard leaving us only 7m of backyard for the house we are looking at!
anyone had update info
Yeah we recieved compaction report
Anyone got an estimate ir final site cost on their block of land? Ours came out at 40k and we are in the flatest block in the estate!
To jen who pm me, Cant reply if anonymous but we are with PD
Luinel
Anyone got an estimate ir final site cost on their block of land? Ours came out at 40k and we are in the flatest block in the estate!
Hi there

We are currently going through a process with Porter Davis and they have quoted us over $60k for site works. but we do have quite a big slope - over 2m from front to back.

For this reason, i am getting quotes to do our site works ourselves and right now, i think it will be less than half of what PD have quoted. of course, we bear the risk of anything going wrong etc.

Cheers
I just bought a 430m2 corner lot at Wantirna Rise and signed the contracts yesterday. I have started my house design selection with Carlisle. My appointment with the sales consultant is tomorrow Sunday.
Can someone building in Wantirna Rise confirm if this is standard type of soil test report in this estate ? What potential site costs am I looking at here ?

From the two bore logs, the fill is around 0.700 to 0.900 meters. After that its CLAY.

SITE CLASSIFICATION - Class P - controlled FILL ( reclassified as Class M )

"After considering the area geology, the soil profile encountered in the boxes, the proposed super structure and the climatic zone of the area, this site is technically classified as CLASS P with respect to foundation construction. However, this site can be reclassifed as CLASS M on the basis that the fill shown in the bore holes has been placed under controlled conditions in accordance with AS3798. The site preparation prior to filling, the fill material used, the method of placement and the compaction was such that the fill meets the rquirements of AS2870-2011."
lwdon1
Luinel

We signed our tender yesterday with CH for our double story home in Wantirna Rise. Total site costs ( including excavation, retaining walls, piers, Slab upgrades, council charges, developer charges ) is $32000 approximately for us.

Construction begins in Jan, 2018.
Related
31/07/2023
Buying untitled land for a development

Buying Land

Yeah I don't know why I came to a forum. Place is full of wierdos/pedos thought internet may help but I suppose I'll try my luck with someone in person. Cheers. I tried…

11/08/2023
Landscape backyard on a slope land

Landscape & Garden Design

Need advice on the backyard plan above. Should I excavate and cut all of the dirt to level with the house slab or semi-excavate as per photo above? Both left and right…

14/09/2023
New house land/slab drainage?

General Discussion

Thanks for the heads up mate, greatly appreciated 👍

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum