Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Acacia34

Page 1 of 4
We bought land but settlement is still a few months away since the developers are waiting for the titles to be released.

We put a deposit down to purchase our Acacia34 by Orbit Homes.

Our block is 648m2. Since we are getting the whole back of the house extended by .5 metre the house ends up being 35 squares.
I like it. Colors look very welcoming. Can't see that style home on visualiser do you recall what one it was? They will give you the floor plan for your chosen facia the layout of the main room may change. Check it out before you commit to facia. Looking forward to following your build

Hi Tracey70

Thanks for that. I'm really enjoying designing our home.

The visualisers I tried are: The mock up I posted on here is done on the Carlisle Homes visualiser, even though we are building with a different builder, I have found this very useful.

http://www.carlislehomes.com.au/inspire/visualiser/
http://colorbond.autech.com.au/onlinevisualiser/
http://www.digitaldecorator.com.au/
http://australbricks.com.au/nsw/visualisation-tool/
Thanks Joelleg6 playing with visualiser's at now at least can check the actual brick we like against colors for our roof & cladding. We have booked another gallery tour so we can look over things again before our actual color selection appointment. Where are you building? This is what I came up with

Wow that looks really nice. What brick color is that based on?

We're building in Merrifield. You?
It's the Hawthorn brick by austral. We're building just up the road at Wallara. Land titles in Sept

Oh cool! Ours is in July. How exciting uh?
Exciting and scary. Hard to picture house's as standards when displays are so over styled

Yes I totally agree. It almost feels like they are ripping us. It's a bit of a shame since buying a home is such an exciting thing to do. Oh well, when we are living comfortably in our new homes we probably won't think of that? I hope!
The main downfall of having such a long wait time between purchasing a home to build and land settlement is that I have too much time to change my mind.
Love it. I too made changes while on holidays and must say our sales guy was not impressed at all. We almost pulled out of the whole thing. We do gallery in February I can't understand why we have to do so early as building isn't scheduled until October

Thanks
Wow that is really early. Hopefully the things you chose will still be available by the time they build.
We have now made our colors selection.

Our outdoor color selection:

Brick: Image below is Austral Blackwood -
but we have changed it to Austral Access Chestnut
Roof: Colorbond Monument
Windows: Merino
Gutters/fascias: Paperbark
Garage Door/Front door: Caoba

Our interior selection:

Floor tiles: Monument Ivory Porcelain tiles 600 x 600 (Darker tile on right side)

Wall tiles to roof in ensuite, powder room and bathroom: Havana Bone 300 x 450 (lighter tile on the left in photo)

Cabinetry: Espresso Ligna front of Island and top cabinets
White Silk Gloss finish bottom cabinets

Benchtops: Osprey Ceasarstone - with waterfall ends (It looks like a tile right in the middle - that's the benchtops)

Glass Splashback: Cashmir

Carpet: Carpet Call - Diamonds are forever, Bell Tower - with Luxury 10 mm Foam underlay

Theather room paint & Bedroom 1 feature behind bed: Solver Peace Pipes
All other interior paint: Solver Tranquil White

Tranquil white is the 4th down on the left and Peace Pipes on the photo is 2nd down on the right

I had a bit of fun today and did a collage of our facade color theme. Here it is:

And voila...our plans for the Acacia

We have changed our minds about the Austral Homestead Blackwood Brick. We have decided to go with Austral Access Chestnut.

I used the house drawing prepared by the builder and colored it in using copy paste of the colors we selected from the different suppliers being used.

I know when I was trying to decide which brick to go with I was looking and looking to find photos of homes with different bricks to compare.

As of 9/10/17 this is a photo of our Chestnut bricks for anyone interested. I will try to get a better image next time I go.

The color consultant emailed me the External color schedule. Here it is:

Interior Paint - Tranquil White mostly all over, 2 feature walls Peace Pipe and theater room in Peace Pipe
Our land finally settled last week. Our builder has ordered soil testing this week. However because they go on Christmas break soon our plans and permits will not be obtained until the new year.
Related
8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum