Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Simonds Prague with Modifications

Page 1 of 24
Hi Everyone we are building the Prague, but land titles next year. We have our gallery appointment 1st Feb so we need to sure of our floor plan. The only thing I'm struggling with is the WIP. I'm thinking of putting in a bench with power points to have all my appliance's on as don't want the kitchen bench filled with appliance's, but not sure if i should put cupboards underneath the bench. We will be asking for a cavity slider so that it can be closed off as the fridge is located next to the pantry and would like the pantry closed off. Can anyone think of any other way that would work with appliances?

UPDATE
Land Deposit Dec 2015
House Deposit Jan 2016
Gallery Selection May 2016
Contract signing June 2016
Land titled Nov 2016
Site Scraped 7th Feb
Sounds great! That's what we did and its fantastic. Ie. bench for appliances plus cupboards and pot drawers. Where are you building?
Hi TomCat we are building at Wallara, north of Melbourne
JustHeart built a modified Prague in Melbourne last year. It looked great. This was her thread
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=71205

This is what we did with our pantry. We have power points at each end of the bench for appliances. I think it cost about $1,000 extra for cupboards/drawers. I think just shelves above would be good too.
http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b572/MandyBarlow/Avalon/Now%20building/photo%204_zpsdh89jubf.jpg
How do I load picture's? I'd load my floorplan for you to see TomCat. Our pantry is just a WIP
Oh wow just beautiful

I'm building prague with simonds, but keeping the pantry as is. How exciting! My build starts jan 12

Or 13th actually coz 12 is a Sunday

where are you building Kylie? Did you modify the floorplan in any way? Our land doesn't title until Sept which is hard as i'm impatient
but will come around quickly
Tracey70
How do I load picture's? I'd load my floorplan for you to see TomCat. Our pantry is just a WIP

Set up an account with http://www.photobucket.com then Upload your photos to Photobucket. You then copy the code it gives you, then paste in here. If you use a smartphone, you can download the Tapatalk app to browse the forum and upload photos direct from the app

TomCat
Tracey70

Set up an account with http://www.photobucket.com then Upload your photos to Photobucket. You then copy the code it gives you, then paste in here. If you use a smartphone, you can download the Tapatalk app to browse the forum and upload photos direct from the app

Thank you

Nice! I like how you redesigned your ensuite/WIR, flipped your pantry and laundry and added two extra rooms (study and lounge). When I first looked at you plan I couldn't work out how it was the Prague coz you've also flipped the back half

Your pantry is now huge, you should be able to do whatever you like in there
Sorry I didn't see this till now, we are building in willow vale which is on the Gold Coast, nearish to dreamworld, but opposite and down the road a bit, lol! Our land titled mid December. We are currently trying to start the build but, the developer and builders next to us are dumping crap onto out land so we can't start till the land is clear. I spent today calling everyone in the world. I'm hoping I've annoyed enough people to make someone do something. It's not in my nature to fuss but the older I get the more I realise people only listen if you fuss a lot

Hey Tracey what are the numbers in red drawn on your plan. I always wondered that when I've seen peeps post them like that.

eg 18-6, 3-3, 15-20, 15-19 etc.

And how did the gallery visit go? Have you got your cavity slider in pantry?
Hey Tracey what are the numbers in red drawn on your plan please? I always wondered that when I've seen peeps post them like that.

TomCat
Hey Tracey what are the numbers in red drawn on your plan please? I always wondered that when I've seen peeps post them like that.

Hey TomCat the red numbers are where I've added/increased sizing and removed windows.

Got gallery in 5 wks. I'll add revised floor plan. This will change again as moved linen cupboard. As for door in pantry actually moved it to be in line with laundry door so it's symmetrical and will change laundry door to cavity slider aswell

So linen will move to the side giving more room in bedroom 3

Tracey70
TomCat

Hey TomCat the red numbers are where I've added/increased sizing and removed windows.

Added pictures for you TomCat

Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum