Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our first build: "Bridgewater" by Gj's Shoalhaven

Page 47 of 59
Thanks BB7!

I'm now on the hunt for light/fan ensembles and two pendants for above the island bench.

We have this pendant for above the dining table.... the timber is an oak color

Thinking pendant timbers need to match otherwise I'll have three different timber colours between the floor and two lights.

I've now found this. https://www.lightingillusions.com.au/sh ... Kgod5E0DQA
What is the consensus??

Ooh I like that one for the island bench Kym!! I have a similar one I'm loving on by living lighting

Or

Not entirely sure if we are having pendants over our island though... decisions decisions lol

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
Haha thanks charli I think I love the first one lol.

We got our first weekly update for the year. Eaves and cladding is scheduled to start mid next week and gyprock will be delivered the week after

Then comes the next payment haha

So I think we have decided on our lounges for main living and media room
goodness I'm excited haha

Plush are getting our business. Takes about 11-14wks as they make to order.
For the main living we are getting the 'melbourne'3 seat with ottoman in oatmeal

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=plus ... uxQc-oM%3A

And then the media will get the cooper in mirage pewter

https://www.plush.com.au/shop/cooper-6- ... %20A__4239

I added $2600 to our build in electrical as well - tried to future proof as much as possible plus power to front yard for future lights.

Starting to get exciting when you see the inside take shape

Ooh I love the Melbourne couch from Plush!!!
lovely choice sweets!!

I didn't get to meet with the electrician shell, so I feel like we've only done the basics
oh well brother in law in an electrician so hopefully he will be able to help us out after handover if we've missed some things

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Thanks ladies!!

Shell, its scary to think that our contract end date is the 30th march! I'm really hoping they get done by then.

Charli, you get a walk through with the electrician on site before he starts work to go over your electrical plan. He should also offer any advice re 2 or 3 way switches, placements of things etc.

That's should be ok then

Just had the SS email me with a time to meet him... 11am... I'll be at work an hour away

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Can u take the day or morning off charli???

After 12 years together it's obvious my hubby knows me well lol

He called me this morning to organise a meeting tomorrow at 8am because it was pouring rain. This time suits us way better

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Also your hubby is a keeper

viewtopic.php?t=83643
That's awesome!! I can't wait to read about it. Make sure you fill us all I.

Haha yes with no training required!

Oh and on another note, I asked if I could swap the new car for a pool lmao. So one of three pool builders are onsite tomorrow to give me an estimate. Woo hoo!!

I'll. e sure to fill everyone in!

Woohoo yay for a pool!!!

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Yahuh!!! I feel particularly sorry for Jay. He works in a physically demanding job in a workshop. These 40deg days have been a killer for him. At least once we are in we can plan to have the a/c and the pool so he can jump in when he gets home.

CB, I never had a walk through with the electrician he just worked off the plans we already had. Maybe call Kylie and ask to do a meet with him otherwise he may just wire up what he has on the plans.

Oh wow. Sorry CB I thought that part would have been the same as us.

I highly recommend if you can. He provided some invaluable advice given he has seen so many situations and placements of lights/switches etc.

So went past yesterday and the cladding and eaves are basically done. Just need some final trims around here and there and it's all done! Hopefully the insulation is delivered and installed today/tomorrow in preparation of gyprock next week.

Also the cavitys for the sliders have been installed.

In other news. I'm freaking out. The house across the road apparently have the same bricks as ours. They've been washed and they look POO BROWN!!!!

X fingers ours don't turn out that way people!!

Here's a few more pics!

I've got a few pics of the retaining we are going to need to do. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!!!

Looking good! Those bricks look nice I wouldn't stress too much maybe they are slightly different or in some other finish

thanks BOU!!

Hows yours going!! i haven't had any notifications of new posts on yours for a while??
What colour brick had you gone with? We have Engage it's a Astral Brick and it tuned up 3 to 4 shade darker then our sample I was worried it was going to look like poo
But I am happy with the look of them. What colour are you having your cladding?

Dee!! That's our brick haha
Let me see if I can get a pic of the neighbours one.
The cladding is a grey similar to the roof I think.

Related
12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum