Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Distance between Kitchen Bench

Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone,

Do you reckon 1140mm between the two bench is enough? I was thinking of reducing the bench another 50mm to make the bench less closer to the window, reduce the drawer depth and also it will make the distance 1190mm.

What do you think?

Bump

Ours is 1200 which I think is pretty spot on, but I think anything above 1100 is reasonable
Just had a look at your working drawings Jdvee and it seems that it is 1100mm showing in your kitchen drawings?

Indeed you are correct, that measurement however is from the wall (which is 700 deep). Bench is only 600, which makes the 1200
Perfect, i was going to request the 50mm reduction anyway, not much of a loss anyway from the bench which is already huge at 1200mm. This will also get the bench further from the window

Sounds like you've got it sussed! Will look great
How do you find your 1200mm bench? Mine will become 2900mm x 1150mm haha but was wondering how big it felt?

Pretty bloody big! Haha! No regrets tho it will be great for entertaining, no longer need a separate trestle table for all the food
Related
21/01/2024
Ceiling insulation batts distance

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Found the answer. The recommended distance is ....

30/06/2023
kitchen bench in very light colour?

Kitchen Corner

Hi - thanks for your reply. Yes I think 'Ill go for whitish with very speckly bits rather than pure white something like this. PS was actually 2008 I built the…

14/03/2024
Soundproofing between floors in wooden house

Old Home Restoration / Renovation

To reduce noise transfer without compromising the aesthetic of your exposed I beams, consider filling the 100mm gap between the I beams and the floor above with dense,…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum