Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Ryalls - Coral Homes Noosa 26 - Leaking ensuite??

Page 142 of 147
Ryalls have you spoken to Coral about your maintenance period? If they sent a letter stating 13 weeks and have misled you, try and get it in writing that they will also fix anything that happens within the following 3 months. I have a list that's so long, when I told them I would create two lists (one of issues present at handover but not in the walk through and another of defects that have occurred since PCI which I would send through in another three months) they told me just to send a complete list now and that they would attend to anything additional that occurs from now going forward, closer to the end of the six month period. Why they are sending out letters stating 13 weeks is beyond me

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
MrsJM
Ryalls have you spoken to Coral about your maintenance period? If they sent a letter stating 13 weeks and have misled you, try and get it in writing that they will also fix anything that happens within the following 3 months. I have a list that's so long, when I told them I would create two lists (one of issues present at handover but not in the walk through and another of defects that have occurred since PCI which I would send through in another three months) they told me just to send a complete list now and that they would attend to anything additional that occurs from now going forward, closer to the end of the six month period. Why they are sending out letters stating 13 weeks is beyond me

My list is growing by the day.. I really dont care how long they say their maintenance period is.. a house thats dodg isnt what i paid for and i will keep at them till its done - i can promise them that!

I think we have bigger issues than our powdery grout.. Our ensuite is leaking!!! I think there is something wrong with the waterproofing!!
Its hard to tell but all the grout started out light grey and now looks wet in places, each day its creeping further and further along and yesterday i felt the silicone between where the floor and wall tiles meet and got water on my finger

In these pics the shower hadn't been used for 24 hours and if you touched the grout its still damp..

If you look closely you can see a puddle of water.. this is in the corner near the vanity so about 1.5 meters from the shower

And i have no idea whats happening with the wall grout! Its going bubbly

Holy sh!t. I'm so sorry you've had so much trouble with your build
it just isn't fair.
Got the gouge LMCC lady was awesome.
retaining walls need to be 1m from boundary regardless of height but you can put a variation in with DA app to have it closer. Your OC won't be issued unless it adheres to council regs. This is LMCC other councils all differ
(not that you need to worry about this Ryalls but in case anyone else is following & interested )

k.goldington
Holy sh!t. I'm so sorry you've had so much trouble with your build
it just isn't fair.

I know!! Im really starting to get the sh!ts!! I've just printed out the MBA guide to building standards and am planning on going over everything.. Stuff them im going to be fussy
BrownDog77
retaining walls need to be 1m from boundary regardless of height but you can put a variation in with DA app to have it closer. Your OC won't be issued unless it adheres to council regs. This is LMCC other councils all differ
(not that you need to worry about this Ryalls but in case anyone else is following & interested )

They are pretty good hey!! Everyone makes out like the are horrible but each time ive had to go there ive left really happy.

KLB do you have your interim cert then?
Ryalls_first_build
BrownDog77

They are pretty good hey!! Everyone makes out like the are horrible but each time ive had to go there ive left really happy.

I've been there twice now & yes they were lovely and really helpful both times (considering I'm so clueless)

Ryalls_first_build

Yeah interim was fine, we just can't get the full one until we get clearance from council.

KLB
Ryalls_first_build

Yeah interim was fine, we just can't get the full one until we get clearance from council.

Been wondering what happens if I never get the full one. Our driveway is wider than permissible by 50cm at the crossover and also never got it inspected before the pour happened. We need the final driveway approval to get the full OC...

MrsJM
KLB
Ryalls_first_build

Been wondering what happens if I never get the full one. Our driveway is wider than permissible by 50cm at the crossover and also never got it inspected before the pour happened. We need the final driveway approval to get the full OC...

I didnt even know you had to get it inspected before the pour! Lol

Ryalls
your place has come up a treat but I'm so sorry for the trouble you and your family are going through. What's with the leaks?? Follow through with whatever you need to do. Hope it all gets rectified.
MrsJM nothing happens if you don't have it! As long as it's done if you ever want to sell.

Crap ryalls!!! Hopefully that gets sorted out quickly!!! It so strange that you have had nothing but troubles and my build has been a dream.
I'm sorry your experience is so terrible! I wonder if it comes down to the thoroughness and quality of the site supervisor or if it's just some crap trades they used...? I know our Brickies weren't regular coral trades because there usual Brickies were too busy to take on our place and they took 5 weeks to brick my house and they made so many mistakes. I think for you, the trades and the site supervisor have been slack... ! Hopefully everything can be fixed up for you with little upset to your family life.
X

M A R C O O L A 3 2 - Coral homes
Skyepie
Crap ryalls!!! Hopefully that gets sorted out quickly!!! It so strange that you have had nothing but troubles and my build has been a dream.
I'm sorry your experience is so terrible! I wonder if it comes down to the thoroughness and quality of the site supervisor or if it's just some crap trades they used...? I know our Brickies weren't regular coral trades because there usual Brickies were too busy to take on our place and they took 5 weeks to brick my house and they made so many mistakes. I think for you, the trades and the site supervisor have been slack... ! Hopefully everything can be fixed up for you with little upset to your family life.
X

M A R C O O L A 3 2 - Coral homes

Thanks Skye! Im crossing my fingers!!

Honestly i should have expected all this.. Im the girl thats meal is always forgotten about at restaurants! I have no idea why i thought this would be any better lol

Just had a wonder around the house prepairing for tomorrow's maintenance meeting.. Oh crappers!! Ive made up an itemized list by room for him to work off.

Just did a few more spot tests around the house hoping it was just some of the floor grout thats defective.. wrong!

Geez it's everywhere. Good luck tomorrow, stick to your guns.
k.goldington
Geez it's everywhere. Good luck tomorrow, stick to your guns.

Hahahah im pretty sure that will be the least of his worries once he sees the ensuite lol Oh and my giant list

Sh!t ryalls!! Looks like your floor will be regrouted! What a bloody pain that is having to move everything
Is it the SS or the maintenance man coming? Stuck to your guns girl. Let us know how you go

Hey Ryalls did you get my PM to you re CSO? and did you reply? just asking as I sent one to you but its not showing in tapatalk and I swear I sent one!/! I think Im going crazy lol
BrownDog77
Hey Ryalls did you get my PM to you re CSO? and did you reply? just asking as I sent one to you but its not showing in tapatalk and I swear I sent one!/! I think Im going crazy lol
you got a good cso?

Related
11/01/2024
Leaking Hot water

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Hi, I've got a brand new (2nd hand) Bosch Hydropower 16H tankless hot water heater. Since it was installed I have noticed it leaks a lot. I took the cover off and it looks…

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum