Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Ryalls - Coral Homes Noosa 26 - Leaking ensuite??

Page 141 of 147
So what ended up happening with your grout?
BrownDog77
Wow looks fantastic! But I guess I won't be using your labourer after all

Hahah nope! Im in not volunteering to help.. Im still struggling

vonsta76
Ryalls_first_build
vonsta76
That looks really fantastc! I just spent all of yesterday cleaning the exterior from all the dust and mess made since the rear neighbours finished their build ( prior to Xmas) so it's been filthy out there this whole time. Spending all day today cleaning inside from all the mud being tracked in and dust getting inside from last weekend's turf laying.

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406

What did you use to clean your outside windows etc.. Hubby is going to give the outside a clean today

Just a quick hose lol. I'm going to clean it better maybe in a few weeks properly. I do have a squeegee that I used on my last place when it sold, but after today I want to spend a few weekends doing nothing. I feel like my weekends have been spent on this house since I moved in!

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406

Thanks Von.. he just did water and washing detergent in the pressure washer and they come up really well apart from 1 or 2 that were really dirty

Milestone
You guys are smashing it, are you loving your home more or still thinking of the mac jones hermitage

Coral homes Modified Stradbroke locked out

Oh to dream!!
Although next time im going a full turnkey package lol
Skyepie
Wow Ryalls, grass really does make the world of difference! Your place looks complete! Do you have anything left to do or there then enjoy your new home?
Love it

M A R C O O L A 3 2 - Coral homes

Thanks Skye!

Ha we still have tonnes to do! I've only shown pics of the front, back and little side.. We have big plans for the other side which meets up with our dining / lounge area, Have run out of money for the moment so will have dirt for awhile longer lol

Oh and need plants for my front garden.. I'm open for suggestions if there are any gardeners out there?
MrsJM
Looks amazing ryalls!! Did you spread all of that topsoil manually? Yours looks waaaaaay more level than ours!! I suspect it has been all of the torrential rain we have had every day for two weeks but ours looks like it has little potholes all over it haha. Bring on topdressing season!!

It's made such a difference!! Looks amazing

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581

Thanks Mrs! Yep we did it all manually and by we i mean me 20% hubby 80% lol Yes somehow we manage to dodge the rain although the backyard was like a bogpit while the bobcat man was trying to level it.

We just laid the topsoil and rolled it with one of the roller things and raked it heaps... it does looks pretty flat, although i find its a little bumpy now since all the watering.. not sure if thats normal?
k.goldington
Wow turf looks awesome. Did you guys do that stepped retaining yourselves? We'll need to do something like that at our place too. The back is fine with a little slope but the front will definitely need it.

Yes, I was looking at yours the other day wondering what you were going to do with it. We used Jack from Clearview landscapes for all our retaining - except for the little pine wall up the side, he is a champion and the cheapest we come across by far.
k.goldington
So what ended up happening with your grout?

Nothing yet, its on our maintenance list - they have 3 weeks to make contact with us since receiving it, true to form its been 2.5 and no contact... thats ok the longer it takes them the more grout related issues i seem to find! I will keep you posted but dont think it will be a quick fix..
Just a quick question re: your retaining wall is it 1m from your boundary? We've been told lake Mac now require all retaining walls 1m from fence line which means what we'd hoped to be the skinny side of house now needs to be not quite so skinny

Ryalls_first_build
MrsJM
Looks amazing ryalls!! Did you spread all of that topsoil manually? Yours looks waaaaaay more level than ours!! I suspect it has been all of the torrential rain we have had every day for two weeks but ours looks like it has little potholes all over it haha. Bring on topdressing season!!

It's made such a difference!! Looks amazing

https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581

Thanks Mrs! Yep we did it all manually and by we i mean me 20% hubby 80% lol Yes somehow we manage to dodge the rain although the backyard was like a bogpit while the bobcat man was trying to level it.

We just laid the topsoil and rolled it with one of the roller things and raked it heaps... it does looks pretty flat, although i find its a little bumpy now since all the watering.. not sure if thats normal?

Yeah the rain is good for turf but not great while you're trying to prep the ground. That's why we had to do the topsoil by hand

Yes mine looked perfectly flat to start and as the days went by with the rain, that is when it got bumpy

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Planning to get dogs too! We did have a dog back from out past house, she got sick and died. So sad.
BrownDog77
Just a quick question re: your retaining wall is it 1m from your boundary? We've been told lake Mac now require all retaining walls 1m from fence line which means what we'd hoped to be the skinny side of house now needs to be not quite so skinny

Sorry BD just seen this! Ours is 30cm from the boundary. It does say that they have to be 1m but will take into consideration anything less.. stupid coral probably didnt even realise that was the rule and just did it anyway, We didnt have any issues with it.
Strange though as i know houses in cameron park have them on the boundary, which would be my preference

We have our maintenance meeting on Friday... Gosh im scared!!

Ryalls_first_build
BrownDog77

Sorry BD just seen this! Ours is 30cm from the boundary. It does say that they have to be 1m but will take into consideration anything less.. stupid coral probably didnt even realise that was the rule and just did it anyway, We didnt have any issues with it.
Strange though as i know houses in cameron park have them on the boundary, which would be my preference

Lol it was Coral that told me about the 1m it came into effect due to Cameron Pk being on boundary & some apparently are falling down & tricky as to which sides at fault

BrownDog77
Ryalls_first_build
BrownDog77

Lol it was Coral that told me about the 1m it came into effect due to Cameron Pk being on boundary & some apparently are falling down & tricky as to which sides at fault

Gee what a bunch of idiots.. they might be right but id call council if i were you

Ryalls_first_build
BrownDog77
Ryalls_first_build
[quote="BrownDog77"]Just a quick question re: your retaining wall is it 1m from your boundary? We've been told lake Mac now require all retaining walls 1m from fence line which means what we'd hoped to be the skinny side of house now needs to be not quite so skinny

Gee what a bunch of idiots.. they might be right but id call council if i were you

[/quote]
I think I might actually try & get an Appt with council with all our plans & contour & just see what they advise so I know what's expected
that way we know what they require before plans are sent & we don't waste time being rejected lol

BrownDog77
Ryalls_first_build
BrownDog77
[quote="Ryalls_first_build"][quote="BrownDog77"]Just a quick question re: your retaining wall is it 1m from your boundary? We've been told lake Mac now require all retaining walls 1m from fence line which means what we'd hoped to be the skinny side of house now needs to be not quite so skinny

[/quote]
I think I might actually try & get an Appt with council with all our plans & contour & just see what they advise so I know what's expected
that way we know what they require before plans are sent & we don't waste time being rejected lol

[/quote]
Yes definitely do it! We ended up meeting with council after being rejected as coral tried to stand their ground with council

Our plans were rejected and the house had to be moved across to allow the 1m for the retaining wall. As it turned out the way the site was cut we did the retaining wall on the boundary for about 9m (otherwise it would be almost hitting the house!) and then went out to a metre where we could. The assessor who came to do our inspection for the occupancy certificate (who was a douche) was like well that won't pass, that's not what's on the plans and against council code blah blah blah
If we ever go to sell we'll just get it passed by council then. Oh and we are in Cameron Park.

Have you seen how close next door's retaining is to our boundary Ryalls? No way that's a metre. Going to make fencing hard I think.
Not sure about the rule in NSW but here in Victoria;

We can have retaining on boundary but needs council permit and engineering report
Retaining not on boundary - the height of the retaining wall should not exceed the distance between the wall and the boundary fence.. (so you can build a 20 cm high retaining at 20 cm from the boundary)
Related
11/01/2024
Leaking Hot water

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Hi, I've got a brand new (2nd hand) Bosch Hydropower 16H tankless hot water heater. Since it was installed I have noticed it leaks a lot. I took the cover off and it looks…

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum