Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

UPDATE JAN2017-ULTIMATEHOMES Perth10 weeksplusafter PCI 2015

Page 1 of 4
Just starting off a thread to put down our journey and get some advice from the wise one's who're going through the experience and frustration (!!) of building a dream home.

We found an old block with a scary 1960's 3*1 on it - kept it rented out until we sorted everthing out and then we got a company in to demolish it in April 2013.

We went through a designer to work out what we wanted in a house as we couldn't find what we wanted in an established home.

It was ready by March 2013 and we sent it ( and our specifics ) out to tender to three WA builders, Chessington, Trendsetters and Ultimate Homes.

In the end Ultimate and Trendsetters were both of similar quality and only $1000 apart in price - so it was really a toss up as to who to go for.

So Ultimate gave some $$$ discount and we signed up with them on 27th May 2013.

Prestart followed.
Hi Perthgirl16
I would be concerned if you signed up in May 2013 and prestart is now?
I suggest you check this forum about other peoples experiences..as builders are not all the same even though their pricing maybe similar.
Hi - Prestart was 20th June 2013.

Lots has happened but I've no had the time to track it all down - so I'm a late bloomer when it comes to writing it all down and putting in the photos!!!

The house is up now - still not finished - so I am getting this done!!!!!
Then you should be close to finishing and did all go Well during the build?
No it's been the build from hell and still not finished.
Oh no, doesn't sound good, I hope you can see light at the end of the tunnel

looking forward to hearing your story
Yes I have 4 diaries of events, dozens of emails and 1000's of photos ( all dated and time stamped) to cover the whole nightmare. Just a matter of figuring out photobucket and getting it posted!!

Hope to see you all soon!!
Just found this view of the start of the house from google street view - Marked July 2014.

Hope this link works!!!
Try googling your house - just found some old pics from 2007 and 2011 from previous owners/ Real estate websites!!!

2007 - A Historical Record

looks like the place next door has almost caught up to you on nearmap and it was only knocked down in Feb this year.

Looks like an interesting split level design, do you have a floorplan you can share?
BTW fantastic location
Yes - next door have chosen a wonderful builder (not ours ) - they are always there, the work has been spectacular and it's gone up so fast. Our neighbours expect to be in in a couple of months,they are so lovely.
Wow this sounds like a horror story!
We looked at Ultimate homes, so glad we decided otherwise, even tho ours wasn't smooth sailing, it wasn't this bad!
It's in the hands of our lawyers now.

It's that bad.
Terrible news, best of luck, my thoughts are only the lawyers win
Yes - the last thing you expect ( or want to imagine ) is having to call in the lawyers because you are having so many problems with your builder.

I know building a house can be hard but we never expected this.

The very last thing we need right now is a pile of legal bills on top of building and basically paying double ( for the build and for a house for our family of 5 to live in while the house is built).
I absolutely despair. It's just a nightmare that we can't wake up from.
I really do hope you get a good resolution to this, fingers crossed for you.

Thanks for all the support xo
House plans!!

Our block slopes upward to the back - not to much but enough to make life interesting!!!

The Ground level - is store room/ garage/ toilet/ study/ entry ( from the front door / and from the garage) and the stairs.

So basically once you are upstairs - it's all on one level and you walk out level with the backyard and the existing (old) double brick garage and swimming pool. Which both need a lot of work as we haven't been able to do anything as the builder has control of the site.

Related
18/08/2023
PCI - How thorough were you?

Building A New House

We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports with photos at every stage,…

7/11/2023
Question regarding PCI and H&C Insurance

Building A New House

i would not be signing anything on the day read your contract about when builder submits final invoice generally, have to meet builder within 7 days of receiving final…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum