Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Village Square Edmondson Park Stage 16

Page 1 of 46
Hi All,

This is regarding Village Square Estate in Edmondson Park. Brought land from them directly this year. Posting a couple of questions:

1. Does anyone know when Stage 16 is due to be completed?. The last time I heard things have been delayed from the developers end and pushed back to as late as May 2016.

2. Has anyone in Village square has their contract rescinded due to the Sunset Clause. Lately a lot of developer seem to be exercising this?. I am hoping they are reputed builders and wont do this.
west_rocks
Hi All,

This is regarding Village Square Estate in Edmondson Park. Brought land from them directly this year. Posting a couple of questions:

1. Does anyone know when Stage 16 is due to be completed?. The last time I heard things have been delayed from the developers end and pushed back to as late as May 2016.

2. Has anyone in Village square has their contract rescinded due to the Sunset Clause. Lately a lot of developer seem to be exercising this?. I am hoping they are reputed builders and wont do this.

1. June 2016 is what i last heard from Rhiannon from Crownland. also advised it wont be earlier

2. Crownland actually increased the date of the sunset clause so it actually works in our favour.
Hi sabrelli,

Thanks for the response. Yes I confirmed with Rihannon of Crownland Develpoments that actual date of registration may be July-August. I just hope that it does not go all the way to sunset date of the contracts (end of Sep).

Recently went to the site end of January. Stage 15 seems to be completed.

Thats whats Stage16 looks like. Still early days of construction.

Cheers.
Wow July/August - I recently was in touch with them and they advised June. Hopefully doesn't push out too far...seems to be the trend with all releases in that area
By the way does anyone know about the actual street names that will be allocated.

I believe that Antwerp Avenue to be part of Stage 16. However I can see Antwerp Avenue in Stage 15. Confused!.

Also, How do I find submitted Liverpool DA applications, especially for Stage 16 of this project?.
Anyone interested in some night time read. Found out some documents regarding Stage 16

http://eplanning.liverpool.nsw.gov.au/P ... ?id=290916
west_rocks
By the way does anyone know about the actual street names that will be allocated.

I believe that Antwerp Avenue to be part of Stage 16. However I can see Antwerp Avenue in Stage 15. Confused!.

Also, How do I find submitted Liverpool DA applications, especially for Stage 16 of this project?.

I am lot 1441 on Antwerp Avenue and we are Stage 15.
west_rocks

I believe Sammarah will be the next one parallel to Antwerp
Anyone drove by stage 16 recently?

Currently o/s and been checking nearmap for any updates and found this

Ahh thats good news. Site looks a bit promising now. Please keep us updates as you get some more information.

By the way regarding Antwerp Avenue.

The lot adjacent to Stage16 (in between stage 15&6 not developed by Crownland) shows the name of the road going down to stage 16 as LACEY Road.

However the contract to Stage 16 shows the name as ANTWERP avenue. I think there is some change in the name internal road.

Do you think this may cause issues later on (with registry etc)?. Whats your thoughts?.
Hello,

I exchanged contract for Stage 16 and last i heard from Crownland was registration would be in July this year. Although this might change due to circumstances for which they couldn't avoid delaying registration.

my lot number is 1634..What about others? which lot numbers are you on?
Credit to jonny90 for superimposing the plan onto the latest aerial shot

I've got pics from August last year, before the land was touched, and the amount of work that's been done is impressive...just pray the weather remains decent over the next few months and registration should be on time
Hi jonny90.. nice work indeed.

Any of you folks building with All Castle Homes?. Am trying to shortlist a few builders and hoping to get some feedback. Most builders will just quote base price and actual cost ends up being at least 20-25% more.

Out of 10 builders which ones do you think are the good ones or best value for money?.

Also, I know a few folks who bypassed the clause of building homes with one of the 10 builders, but that happened before exchange of contracts. In my case I don't think that is anymore a possibility, since I have exchanged the contract with that clause included.

Thoughts???.
west_rocks
Hi jonny90.. nice work indeed.

Any of you folks building with All Castle Homes?. Am trying to shortlist a few builders and hoping to get some feedback. Most builders will just quote base price and actual cost ends up being at least 20-25% more.

Out of 10 builders which ones do you think are the good ones or best value for money?.

Also, I know a few folks who bypassed the clause of building homes with one of the 10 builders, but that happened before exchange of contracts. In my case I don't think that is anymore a possibility, since I have exchanged the contract with that clause included.

Thoughts???.

What, how did they bypass the clause!!!!!

20-25% is a bit generous imo.

Eg, Casaview Base price 243k, total price 380k - thats 56% more and i didnt go overboard with extras

Ive heard good things about casaview, whether online reviews or through the forum

Allcastle - had pretty bad online reviews on productview around march last year but its had a bunch of positive feedback lately.
Hi Sabrelli,

Not common knowledge, but yes I know someone who brought a plot back in Stage 14 and before signing off the contract Bill Hall Real Estate removed that clause upon his request.

Now he is going through a lesser know builder which will shave off atleast 30-40K of his build cost.

However, even I got to know about it a few days back. I doubt we can do anything at this stage especially after exchange contracts.

Regarding All Castle Homes, one of my mates recently constructed with them and had a good experience.
Base price for 32sq home Double story house: 320K
Major Addons
Site Costs: 10K
Increasing ceiling height to 2590mm both floors : 10K
Electrical: 10K (Downlight throught)
Facade: Grand 10K
Upgrade to tiles : Porclein 600mmx600m (All including alfresco, porch) 10K
Additional Powder room downstairs : 5K
Other upgrade allowances: 10K (line benchtops etc etc
Stamped Driveway 6K

Not include in builders quote:
Landscaping, fencing, clothsline, letterbox = ~20K

Total Costs ~ 420K+

Cheers.
Thanks for the breakdown. Very useful.

I spoke to Scott in Jan about the Empire and easy build package was around 390k with horizon facade
Does anyone know where or what blocks the big green padmount substations will be placed in stage 16? I can't seem to find anything in my contract details. Noticed that there are a few on stage14/15.
ss2211
Does anyone know where or what blocks the big green padmount substations will be placed in stage 16? I can't seem to find anything in my contract details. Noticed that there are a few on stage14/15.

Yes correct there is no mention of this anywhere in contract. Was concerned myself. Guess it's a gamble. Just hope it's not your block. However from other developments usually these are placed in corner lots/irregular plots or unused areas.

I did go through all the docs on council page but couldn't find any mention of where they would be located. So yes all let's hope it's not ours with the substation.

If anyone does know about it please let everyone know.

Cheers.
Seems very quiet? Any Nearmap updates??.

Related
5/11/2023
Building a 39 square house in Schofields Sydney

General Discussion

No idea about the driveway question, but your price for a house that size including landscaping seems very good!

11/05/2023
Building certificate for each stage

General Discussion

Not unless you have managed to put it as a special condition into the contract somehow.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum