Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

JG King modified Heywood - Landscaping

Page 64 of 76
It is good to see it without the portaloo front and centre!

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
bank
It is good to see it without the portaloo front and centre!

It looks amazing!!

Lighter than the garage door today.

Our site is awfully quiet considering the amount of work left to do with 10 days left on the contract.

Ooh im liking the color as it dries.
aloenyx
Ooh im liking the color as it dries.
Me too!! Love it bank!!

Is it still a lot lighter than what you asked for?
bank
Jacinta.C
We have the same colour
. I know I am also playing the drying and waiting game lol.

Yours looks much better with less white stone! That's how ours should have looked.
It looks lovely until it gets ripped up on Monday
. Obviously concrete isn't a strong point in Melbourne. Concrete supplier messed up an entire load ( half the driveway looks great, the other half is terrible).

Sarah159
Is it still a lot lighter than what you asked for?

I think the base colour is the same, there is just more white stone. I will mention this next time I see our SS but I imagine some variation batch to batch is normal.

Jacinta.C
bank
Jacinta.C
We have the same colour
. I know I am also playing the drying and waiting game lol.

Yours looks much better with less white stone! That's how ours should have looked.
It looks lovely until it gets ripped up on Monday
. Obviously concrete isn't a strong point in Melbourne. Concrete supplier messed up an entire load ( half the driveway looks great, the other half is terrible).

Wow! I wouldn't have thought ripping up driveways was common. My bad luck must be rubbing off on you. Well good luck for next time!

Oh man! Where do I start!?

We have no bin... rest of the rubbish should go today also

Hubby drove past on his way to work to check if they were working in the rain and he reports back that no trades were there, just the SS, but he didn't stop! Are you kidding me! I ordered him back to get me some bathroom photos and an update.

All ok so far.

Still no PCI date, might be end of next week (which is end of contract), might not be. So frustrated! It seems we are going to get no notice to get time off work
. Everyone else aiming for pre Christmas seem to have a date by now.

- Site clean will continue today and tomorrow.
- The chippy that was fixing the first one's work is overloaded so he has been recommended another, hopefully he will be there tomorrow and Saturday, didn't seem sure. I personally think there is more than 2 days work in it.
- Replacement doors will hopefully be there tomorrow or Monday.
- Painters hopefully Monday/Tuesday. The best news today - We are getting a whole another coat!! Woo hoo! With that, 2 coats outside, timber staining and 3 coats in places that haven't been done at all, they would want to send a lot of painters to get it done in 2 days.
- Still no rangehood cupboard, SS very frustrated with this one.
- Glass splash back has been delayed, no reason or date given.
- Tap missing in Ensuite because tilers nee to fix a tile first.
- He had no idea why there is no mirror in bathroom.
- Electricians still haven't been back.

No mention of: Bath, retaining wall, or patchy mortar.

Now for todays shocker, which Hubby didn't even notice *face palm*, The ensuite shower screen has a FRAME! I'm seriously freaking out about this one! Our plans never had a frame! I was 100% prepared to upgrade this, but our plans already showed a frameless screen so sales said there was no need to (verbally, I have no record of this). Then when we got the contract, which mentions semi-frameless I asked (via email which I still have) if this was a problem because our plans showed frameless and was told NO your plans will override this.

Note the difference between the ensuite shower (top) and the bathroom shower (below).
New shower screen is being ordered today! I'm in a state of shock! I've been having kittens about this all morning! No fighting required, SS just rang back and said you're right, the drawing shows frameless! I didn't even get to use my email proof

When we first met this latest SS and the CM onsite I doubt they really understood or believed how bad our job was going. I think our poor SS gets it now!! Tuesday night when we saw him onsite he said "It's got to turn around at some point", I said "I thought that a long time ago, it hasn't!"
Glad they are fixing it but OMG another issue!! Hun, I'm scared to read your thread these days.. feel for you!

Haha.. I love that he's still trying to be optimistic!

Gawd, I so want your place to be done and dusted by Xmas, but gosh they will be pushing it.

I love the photos though! Your colours and style is just OMGAWESOME
aloenyx
Glad they are fixing it but OMG another issue!! Hun, I'm scared to read your thread these days.. feel for you!

Haha.. I love that he's still trying to be optimistic!

Gawd, I so want your place to be done and dusted by Xmas, but gosh they will be pushing it.

I love the photos though! Your colours and style is just OMGAWESOME

I know! Our SS is ridiculously optimistic! I fluctuate between - it'll be fine, there's something like 40 sleeps to Christmas (pretty much every time something happens on site) and there's no way they'll make it, just too much to do
(the other 90% of the time).

The to do list as I see it (possible some of it has happened):

New front and garage door
Exterior painting
Bathroom mirror, ensuite shower
Glass splashback
Gas line
Data conduit
Step (should have had the concrete boys do it)
Paint touch ups including tops and bottoms of doors, entire garage and linens.
Rangehood cupboard, adjustment of drawers and doors
Skirts
Plaster issues (out of square hampers/corners, garage finishing, concave walls, cracks)
Messy eave beading, including the porch
Messy alfresco beams
Insulation (done, need to check)
Window service (scratches, kitchen seal, dining door flyscreen, laundry door lock) - Hubby did say the flyscreen was done today so maybe it's all done.
Torn duct insulation and living heater duct
Bent gutter (north side)
Retaining wall removal
Patchy pier mortar, and other areas that need further cleaning, gap filler needs to be cleaned off
Electrical (Fans swapped around, missing light switch, serge protection?, tv conduit)
Tiling (Chipped tile near basin tap, grout issue in ensuite, shower mixer tap tile in ensuite)
Large gaps in garage
Front exterior tap leaking
Bath scratched
Tapered fascia and capping to skillion
Loose manhole framing
Ground falling towards house at corner of laundry and garage

Plus whatever was on the QA report

Appliances
HWS
Commissioning of heater and HWS

Seems like way too much to do, BUT it's not impossible they just need to throw all the trades at it block style! It's mostly small stuff!
Wow... that's a long list! But true, if they had the people they could knock it over in a few weeks. But like my builder, it seems they like to do one job at a go.

You should see my defect list
Its growing. a whole section of carpet lifted up when I was vacuuming last night. Grumpy.
aloenyx
Wow... that's a long list! But true, if they had the people they could knock it over in a few weeks. But like my builder, it seems they like to do one job at a go.

You should see my defect list
Its growing. a whole section of carpet lifted up when I was vacuuming last night. Grumpy.

He wants to have everything done and ready for a clean by late next week and hopefully PCI on Friday, he's been saying that for a couple of weeks now though. If the chippy turns up tomorrow and Saturday a third of that list will be done! The rest is painting and then lots of separate trades like the electrician, heating guys, plumbers etc. In theory they could all come at once so it shouldn't take long, he just needs to convince them to turn up.

There's a couple of things on there I expect will never be fixed but for now I'll keep mentioning them and see how I go. Some I will never compromise on!

I can't believe they're actually going to give us a whole another coat of paint! I guess I'll never know if they do, I need a spy cam

Bugger about your carpet!
Haha.. spy cam sounds good! I wish they'd come repaint my place, nightmare..
Finding new issues everyday, my grout inbetween my floor tiles is starting to get holes in it..
aloenyx
Haha.. spy cam sounds good! I wish they'd come repaint my place, nightmare..
Finding new issues everyday, my grout inbetween my floor tiles is starting to get holes in it..

That shouldn't be happening! They might need to re-grout. Add it to your list!

Site is clean! Still needs some work on some of the levels, hopefully they're not done.

Driveway is cut! Better than last time! I didn't like the way they divided the first one up. Next a clean and seal.

Windows have been fixed, so that can be marked off the list! This is one of the areas that was bent and scratched, no sign of it now!

Interesting "step"! Just chuck some bricks under some dirt!

Clean garage!

Yay progress. Loving the facade!! And look you already have a nice green plant :p..ok so probably thats a weed.
aloenyx
Yay progress. Loving the facade!! And look you already have a nice green plant :p..ok so probably thats a weed.

that's the first thing I thought! They left me a plant
! It's a thistle

They have also left my "green wall" of weeds at the back, but it's looking a bit sad since they pulled the temp fence out of it.

Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

26/03/2024
JG King Home builders delay in construction

General Discussion

So, did they give you a reason? Weather? Slab not poured??

15/06/2023
Excavation for landscaping

Building A New House

Hmmm, I have checked your past posts and it seems that you are in NSW, not WA as I had thought. It pays to show your State in your avatar. Retaining wall regulations…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum