Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

JG King modified Heywood - Landscaping

Page 57 of 76
And just like that the tilers are gone again

If they actually wanted to try and bring this job in on time they would have had the tilers finish the bathrooms last week, then mirror measure and plumbing fit off could have been done this week as originally booked. That way the only thing delayed would be the main floor, not bloody everything!

Fans were meant to be done this week but no sign of them. Possibly pushed back due to downlight issue?? But no one has told us anything re that. We followed up with SS earlier in the week (because he actually answers his phone, unlike admin) and he was firmly on our side but needed to meet with admin about it
. Admin has not responded to our email or called us back, usually flagging emails as high importance works, not this time.

6 weeks until contract end.
;-; You need some forward progress!!!
Seriously how much can you guys take
And the tiler is back! To stay this time would be nice but who knows

Need to take a ladder tomorrow to get a better look.

Feeling very grown up today! We bought a tree!

Hopefully one day it will be similar to this one in our backyard.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

Looks like just the little bit around the door and the window reveals to go. Hopefully we'll see some floor tiles tomorrow 🤞🤞

Tiles are looking good

Yay for buying a tree!!! Such an adult!!
D

Ooh, I spy bunnies. Hehe...
6 and a half weeks after the tiles were delivered we finally have some floor tiles laid!

Bathrooms are finished bar grouting. Couldn't get photos because we now have fly screens! So no more sticking our arms in to open the windows
. Would have made more sense for these to go in later so they don't get damaged but our timeline is all up the creek now. It seems they're just scrambling to get everything done now.
Looks so different with the plastic off the sliding doors! So much more open!
Tiles photograph a bit darker than they are. They are an impressive "concrete" tile, they seriously blend in with the slab! We couldn't be happier!

Yay!! Love love the floor tiles, can't wait to see them fully done.
A few of our fly’s got damaged but they fixed them at the end.

What is the square outdoor switch in the second last image?

Nico
A few of our fly’s got damaged but they fixed them at the end.

What is the square outdoor switch in the second last image?

That is for a future aircon. Of course there's no heights on the electrical plan so we had our SS request that they put in a logical spot for the aircon to mounted on the roof and this is what we got
. I'm sure it can be moved, I know where the cable runs, but it wasn't a cheap switch so we're not thrilled it will end up costing us more.
I just realised I really like the colour of your bricks!! Same colour as my friends who built, wish I could go back and go with lighter colours.
Makes sense. I thought it was a light switch and thought good lord it’s terrible.

i'm going to be lazy and not read back, those are 600x600 tiles? look bigger than ours.

they look great and how much more complete does the room look with some tiles rather than bare slab!
emts
i'm going to be lazy and not read back, those are 600x600 tiles? look bigger than ours.

they look great and how much more complete does the room look with some tiles rather than bare slab!

Yes rectified 600's, ended up with these after our original 450's were discontinued. Wasn't quite convinced with the other 450 options with our other colours so bit the bullet and shelled out for these. The price ended up a lot more reasonable than the first quote from beaumonts, which was about $45/m2 extra for the labour alone. This made no sense to us so we questioned it and it was eventually determined that we should have been quoted $16/m2 for the labour. Big difference and no one could explain why!
Man admin make my blood boil!

Now they are pushing back on the mirror size because we signed both the acc'd drawings and the Beaumont's plan and the tilers work to the Beaumont plans. By that logic we should have two tiled niches because they were still on Beaumont’s plans as well! I have emailed them back telling them to take their pick, the niches or the mirror. I'm sick to death of this crap.

For some unknown reason the plans Beaumont’s were never updated and are very early plans, something like 12 revisions ago! We raised the issues of the tile and electrical plans being wrong and were always told that it didn’t matter because the contract trumps all. The Beaumont and HPM plans are not even included in the contract which I also raised and was told was normal. Now they are turning it around to suit themselves.

Regardless from what little we have seen the tilers haven’t followed the Beaumont’s plans anyway, they have made the mirror 4 tiles high, which is approximately 800mm, the Beaumont plans show 893mm.
bank
For some unknown reason the plans Beaumont’s were never updated and are very early plans, something like 12 revisions ago!

Deja Vu slapped me hard in the face as I read that.

We also had trades working to pre-contract plans that should never have seen the light of day.
And even after I pointed this out, the same problem was occurring months later.

The sheer incompetence of some of their staff is bewildering.
Courtesy of my FIL

Wow they look different in that photo, lighter??

I can't believe how much they are stuffing you around!! Haven't these people heard of version control.
The lightest photo is probably the closest to how they are. It's always late when we visit which doesn't help.

Tonight:

They are very lovely!!!
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

26/03/2024
JG King Home builders delay in construction

General Discussion

So, did they give you a reason? Weather? Slab not poured??

15/06/2023
Excavation for landscaping

Building A New House

Hmmm, I have checked your past posts and it seems that you are in NSW, not WA as I had thought. It pays to show your State in your avatar. Retaining wall regulations…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum