Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

JG King Modified Quest

Page 6 of 6
That's good news it sounds as if you have turned the corner, I hope that with the restarted communication that things start to move along now. I am glad you are feeling better.
Well I guess it's good that they're not disputing the list. It's not great that you have so many issues. Hopefully they're not all talk. Did you get any explanation for the cracking column?
So after what seems like eternity we are finally in our house.

I had my inspector back to check the repairs and he was quite happy. And it all happened lightning fast from there.

Since moving in there are a few minor issues which will be hopefully fixed at maintenance. When I get a chance I'll put some pictures up.

I'm very happy with the way it has been finished.

Thats fantastic fleeb, im really happy for you! Cant wait to see some photo's of it all done

Enjoy your house you deserve it

Congrats on finally getting there! Good to hear everything was sorted to your satisfaction!
Congrats Fleeb!

I second the request for photos

congratulations that awesome for you, hope you are enjoying the house and can't wait for photos!
Excuse the mess, it's going to take a while to sort everything out and set everything up properly.

What colour are the ensuite/bathroom cupboards...? I tried to have a quick look through the previous pages but didn't see anything.
looking great Fleeb, it always take a little time to make a house a home
Hows your house going? All settled in? Have you found any issues whilst youve been in?

Settling in well, no major issues. No further cracked bricks or mortar.

The towel rails and toilet roll holders all fell off. Was easy to fix though.

A few architraves will need fixing up at maintenance.

The hot water pressure is very low while the cold is good.

The solar hot water wasn't working because it wasn't plugged in.

The carpet is a bit ratty where it's been joined in the hall.

We had the sparky here today putting pendants in kitchen, changing some light fittings outside and fitting an IXL.

Still need a plumber to come and hook our barbecue up to natural gas and install an aggi drain.

We hired a kanga yesterday to try and start our landscaping, the ground is pretty much solid clay and we didn't achieve much. I think we will have to get someone in with a bigger machine to take out 200-300mm of the clay and replace it with decent soil. I like to do things myself and I'm a bit frustrated by this.

We did manage to dig out about 1 ton of concrete and rock from the front yard that the builder had buried.

Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

26/03/2024
JG King Home builders delay in construction

General Discussion

So, did they give you a reason? Weather? Slab not poured??

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum