Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The building begins....**updated**

Page 2 of 6
I love the red door!!

No I don't think yellow or black and white
Maybe change your colours for the house to red and black??

Great choice on the jasper, and I think a slightly darker roof will compliment it.
I love our new colours - the red door looks fab! The roof works really well with the Jasper and Dune!
Well Done
Paula
No I don't think yellow or black and white
Maybe change your colours for the house to red and black??

Hahaha DH would have a fit!

I talked him into the red door, I haven't seen a red door anywhere near where we are building yet, so I may just have one feature that is unlike everybody else!
Here is our electrical plan....as you can see we haven't changed much, only putting in 3 extra battern lights and changing the position of the theatre lights, so that after handover we can put in some down lights. The problem I have is, do I need another over the bench, and in the family room will one light be enough there or should I put in two?...... and if so where would it go, so it doesn't look out of place? We are doing our prestart tomorrow and was going to just have downlights, in the family area, but decided at the last minute not too. Apart from adding dble p/points everywhere what else should I add or consider?
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/jericoholicau/ELECTRICAL2.jpg

The family area is 4300 x 5890
the bench is approx 2260 long
Lighting looks great.
Just wondering what builder and design this is as it seems very familiar.
Looks great, what abour an extra batten light in the hall outside the study??

Just a thought, I hate dark passage ways
I'd put an extra light in the games room and an extra one in the alfresco.
Put quad powerpoints where you will have a TV for extra stuff.
Depending on what you'll be doing there, I'd consider some form of lighting for the alcove in the master bedroom. If it's going to have a TV doesn't matter, but if it's a reading nook or similar, something to think about.
Looks like you have a fllodlight outside the laundry, I'd make it a double, then you can point it both ways to light up the side of the house if need be.
Remember outside power points and an extra powerpoint in the laundry for an iron or dustbuster, etc.
In the family I'd put in an extra light, lining up with the front hallway, but on a seperate switch. The lights you have at the moment will work for day to day but the extra light will be handy when you have people over and want to light the space a bit more.
Two light over the island looks good to me.

Jo
Prestart went well, only added about $4k give or take.
Our colour selection was easy, we got to choose from about 8 colour boards. Not too happy really with it, as we couldn't swap tiles etc from board to board. So we chose based on the kitchen cabinet colour, it was the only one we liked out of all of them. The other board I was considering had my favourite laminex (lustrous elm) in it, but it was as the main bathroom benchtop not cabinet, it also had a gorgeous border tile, but as those two where the only thing we liked about that board, we didn't choose it.
Anyhoo here are the colours if youre interested.......
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/jericoholicau/tileselection.jpg

For the electrical, on top of the above plans, we added a hallway light near study, another in alfresco, we didnt worry about the family room. Then we added dble p/point everywhere theres a single, and added a couple of extra doubles and conduit boxes for phone/tv/exhaust fans ect. Other stuff can be done later as DH knows an electrician or two.

kexkez builder is ultimate...building the "plus series" was called the balmain 273. It is nearly identical to the colonnade, a little smaller and the kitchen is set out different. http://www.ultimatehomes.com.au/designs ... onnade.htm will take you to the colonnade display home pics/walkthrough. Ours is the budget one ie: no structural changes, limited colour choices
Your colours work well toghther.

Love licorice linea and love the featue tile in the main bathroom - good job.
I really like your choices too

All very complimentary of each other
monkeyupatree
kexkez builder is ultimate...building the "plus series" was called the balmain 273. It is nearly identical to the colonnade, a little smaller and the kitchen is set out different. http://www.ultimatehomes.com.au/designs ... onnade.htm will take you to the colonnade display home pics/walkthrough. Ours is the budget one ie: no structural changes, limited colour choices

Ahh I think the colonnade was around in the papers back when we started looking last year. I don''t think I'd visited one but the name definately rings a bell. So yours is based on that. Actually had a look at the design but it doesn't look like something I would have played with so perhaps yours was in the paper as well last year. Great pick.

I think you've made good choices for each of the tiled selections exspecially if you had such a limited selection to choose from.. The licorice linea is a lovely colour to tie it all in together.
The 8 colourboards made up are all apparently done by an interior designer, bath/ensuite and kitchen are all on one board.....tiles and laminate. So its basically go in and see which board # you like the best, I guess it takes out the stress of trying to match benchs with cupbords and tiles etc as its already done for you. Just disappointed a bit I couldn't get to chose the colours I really liked.

kexkez, the colonnade is in tapping..... I actually seen the smaller version, in the paper and when I went to the website, it was then I seen the larger one, and it suiter us better. There is another one that is a bit bigger than the one we have.....possibly the same size as the colonnade, and I was thinking of getting it, but with the price rises, it ended up being too much.
Monkeyupatree
Ah well.We lived in joondalup until january and we did look at a heap of houses in tapping so that's a possibility.
But your house plan looks more like a plan i'd like than the colonnade would.
Well it is now official....site works have started. We received an email informing us that this week the soil/plumbing etc is being done and hopefully next week the slab will be laid. Exciting times ahead!!
DH knows someone living in the estate, and informed him, that the truck with all the pipes etc is there ready to do its thing. She also told him she will drive by everyday and keep us updated. We can only get there once at week at this stage, but I really want to go out tomorrow.
Can your friend take pictures? A digital camera gives you a time and date with each picture so you can follow progress.

regards
sean
We have a slab

I was a bit hasty in my reporting of pipes... they werent ours..DH's friend seen them go into the estate as she was coming out and thought they were ours, as we were so close to starting. (silly person shouldn't play with our minds like that!
)
When we went there on sunday the soil had been prepared and by Wednesday morning all the pipes were in. We went out on Thursday morning to try and get a photo before the slab went down, but we were surprised to see that we already had a slab! YAY The weather has been hot too, but yesterday there was a cool change and today its been raining.
While we were there the truck turned up with the window frames.... I am hoping that they dont go 'walk-abouts' while waiting to be installed.
I am wondering now, how long it will be before they start building...being double brick. Can any other WA'ers tell me how long their slab sat before building?
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/jericoholicau/100_5582.jpgSunday
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/jericoholicau/100_5585.jpgThursday. From front to back of house.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/jericoholicau/100_5589.jpg
Back to front of house. Our front yard is bigger than our back. I am not sure we will even have a back yard.
Geez that pplace is BIG! well done looks great.
We now have bricks!

We received an email from our CLO stating that on 30/10 bricks will arrive and on the 5 Nov the brick layer is booked to start. So far she seems nice, even sending a second email right after the first apologizing that she didnt sign off nicely, she pressed send before she finished and thought we would find it rude. She forgot to put in "regards" on her first one...we didnt even notice it.
We went out today and sure enough there they were,
as well as the porta loo.... which the kids just had to use hope it doesnt become a regular thing
... the electricity box and equipment shed.
So from slab down to the start of the bricking will be 2 weeks. Wonder how long it will take to do all the bricking?
Photobucket is not working at the moment, and the only photo I have been able to upload is my posing DD (with bricks in the background) they are the external bricks..burnished red. When PB is working properly I will put up more pics....
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/jericoholicau/RIMG0001.jpg

So far we haven't met with our SS, apparently he is/was meant to contact us re meeting him. Heard nothing so far hope this is not the start of things to come.
Congret!!!
Our slab was down for about 3 1/2 weeks before bricks started.
The bricks go up so quickly, you'll really see your house growing from now on
By the way I think the window colour you've chosen is lovely and will go great with the cream brick grout and any render colour!!!
Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum