Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Caddens Meadow Estate at Claremont Meadows

Page 1 of 2
Has anybody purchased a lot at the Caddens Meadow estate? Jesse the selling agent from Urban Land and Housing has confirmed that expected land registration is now August 2016.
Hi mrspottymouth. We were advised that rego will be mid to late July.
Hi dyansky

yes, my solicitors have said the same now. Can't wait till land registers. I just want to start construction already. I'm building with Eden Brae. Who are your builders?
We're also building with Eden Brae and now finalising PCVs from HOG.

Have you received your landscape plan yet? We've received ours but I honestly don't know what to do with it.
I'm finalising our PCV's too. Waiting on Kitchen Culture's PCV. I've found it difficult to speed things up with Kitchen Culture, they take forever returning replies.

Is the landscape plan the same plan received during the first HOG appointment with the colour consultant? Cause I have a copy of that plan. Or am I suppose to expect a finalised version?

Have searched on Penrith Council's site the plans for our estate? I can no longer seem to locate it on their website.
I did not receive any landscape plans during HOG. But I got a separate email from HOG's Landscape Architect last week. We were given two options. The plans are similar to the plans in http://livingstone22.blogspot.com.au/20 ... QF4w7r1nvR.

Here's the link to Penrith Council: http://bizsearch.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au ... ?id=337674

We've also just received a new letter from the vendor's solicitor advising the lodgement of deposited plan with Land and Property Information. I've been to the estate over the weekend. Looks like it will settle on time.

Have you received the same notice? I don't know where to track this on LPI's website. Will search through this forum.
I found how to track the submission for land registration on the LPI website. Go to find records> document inquiry> enter 'DP1209049'.

It currently states it was lodged by the developer on 19.07.16. Document status is currently 'awaiting examination'.

Are you done with all your post client variations? I can't wait till land registration. My husband and I just want to start the build now.
Based on previous approval progress with LPI regarding our draft plan 'DP1209049', it has taken approximately 3 weeks to approve.

Given that the developer submitted the request for land registration on 19.07.16, I'm predicting approval will be sometime by the end of this week or next.

But who know's. Not exactly sure how this all works.

In the meantime, here is a copy and paste of what I found on LPI regarding our DP:

LAND AND PROPERTY INFORMATION NEW SOUTH WALES - DOCUMENT INQUIRY
----------------------------------------------------------------

Document Number: DP1209049

Document Type: DEPOSITED PLAN

Document Status: AWAITING EXAMINATION

Document Status Date: 19/7/2016

Lodged By: 6146L PROUST & GARDNER CONSULTING PTY LIMITED

Date Lodged: 19/7/2016

Lodging Party Ref: 23405 SUB1

Lodgment Invoice: C814805P

Case: DP1209049

Affected Titles: 9/27107

Electronically Lodged: YES

*** END OF SEARCH ***
Thanks for sending the LPI DP status. I was clearly looking at the wrong search criteria. Noticed that our document has been re-lodged yesterday, 3rd Aug.

Re: PCVs. Thought we were done with PCVs. The last one we got was for BASIX. But I received another PCV today for H1 slab. Were you required to upgrade to H1 too?
I noticed the LPI status has progressed from 'awaiting examination' to 'undergoing folio creation'. According to what I've googled, this means LPI are creating certificate's of title, and it shouldn't take any longer for the green light.

According to my tender document, I signed up for H1 slab. I actually don't know what that means(?) I got the fixed priced, essentials package signed back on Oct-15. Not sure if that matters.

I've confirmed with EBH admin, to see if there is any further meetings or contracts to sign prior to land registration to expedite the build (given that I've signed all PCVs), but they say there is nothing further for me to do... they are just waiting for land registration for now.

It's interesting how you received contract from HOGs landscape architect. Because to come to think of it, I don't think I received a landscape plan. Well nothing I recall about trees and plants, regarding front and back yard.
Aha looks like the land will be registered soon!

We were initially quoted for H1 slab but we've had it amended to M as we have not seen the soil report at the time of tender. I've requested for the soil report and can confirm our soil is mostly clay but moist at 800-900mm deep. But the site classification was not mentioned in the report. Leaning towards H1 now just to be safe. http://www.polyvoid.com.au/as-2870-changes.html

I've received a revised version of the landscape plan from HOG's landscape architect last week. The link I sent earlier has Ecodesign in the plans. Ours was a 2-pager plan from HOG. Plans must be in-house now.
Have you heard the news from your solicitor
???

Vendors solicitor confirms LPI approved land registration today!
Wow that was quick!! We will probably hear from our solicitor next week.

I've signed our slab upgrade PCV today after getting the soil lab result. Hopefully that's the last one.
Good luck with your bank valuation. The bank valued my lot at more than 12% less than the purchase price. It comes to about $775 per square metre, which I think is ridiculous! I purchased my lot at $875 per square metre, completely flat lot with no easements. I don't get. I am gobsmacked! I don't even think there is land in Sydney selling for $775 per square metre!!!

Anyway, still going to go ahead with settlement.
I've had two bank valuations late last month. One is with my current bank, "A" of the major 4, and another with a minor but international bank, "C". "A" valued the land same as the purchase price while "C" valued it $80k lower.

I was surprised by the $80k difference so I'm going with "A". Have submitted all required forms last week and now waiting for them to finalise the loan.

I was advised that settlement date is 29th Aug. Is it the same for you?
That is really interesting, how your bank A valued it at the purchase price. Whereas my bank, being CBA, one of the major 4 banks too, valued mine for less. $60k less to be exact. I still can't get over it. Anyway.. my broker says I should get notice of full approval tomorrow or latest Friday.

I was advised settlement date is in 10 working days from registration. Being 22nd of August. It's interesting how we are advised of different settlement dates.

Did you request for an extension to the settlement date?
Oh no! I would have to check the settlement date again with my solicitor. Maybe he was looking at the wrong calendar.
Maybe your solicitor negotitated for you during initial signing of contract for an extension to settlement date. From experience, 10 working days is a pretty tight schedule to get things sorted. You can always ask for an extension if need be.

But your pretty lucky if your settlement date is truly the 29th of August.
Hope everything went smoothly with your settlement today.

Ours is booked on the 29th. Think ours was just extended for one week because we had to transfer the property from my husband and mine's name to just under my name.
We actually requested for an extension. Another week. So our settlement date is now also on the 29th. Surprised the vendor agreed.

CBA needed more time to process the revised land value.

Hopefully all goes well for the both of us next Monday!!!
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum