Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our build

Page 2 of 5
defdaz
It a chrome peg handle haha! Cool.

Yes! I love them
Ah I have never seen them, cool!
LOOKS SO GOOD. (Capitals for emphasis)
Thanks! Yeah I'm really loving the alternating wall colours and the shampoo recess
Looking good!

Tiles and vanities look amazing, great selections!
Painters have started! Woohoo!
Great news melpea, lets hope they do a quick job for you!
Hey both, quick question - are coral doing your driveway? We're doing our own and all the talk of driveway approvals in the coral thread is worrying me - I didn't get or wasn't aware of any approval for the driveway?
The daydream 30 is what we always wanted to build, and love your changes. However it was just outside out budget for our new build - maybe next build
Enjoying watching yours, love the colours.

I can't believe how quick it is going.
defdaz
Hey both, quick question - are coral doing your driveway? We're doing our own and all the talk of driveway approvals in the coral thread is worrying me - I didn't get or wasn't aware of any approval for the driveway?

We are doing our own:

Landscaping
Fencing
Driveway
Carpet

Are you considered to be in Ipswich City Council?

If so there is no permit from the council required but a Road Corridor Permit from the transport department is required which from what I can see if free. As long as you build the driveway to council specifications you should be right. If you are not in the Ipswich Council area then you'll need to look on your council website for information
shellby
The daydream 30 is what we always wanted to build, and love your changes. However it was just outside out budget for our new build - maybe next build
Enjoying watching yours, love the colours.

I can't believe how quick it is going.

Thanks, yes we loved the Daydream 30 as soon as we saw it, and now with our few changes its perfect for us.
Painting should be finished by the end of the week, it's moving along nicely

Which plan did you end up going with?

defdaz

I phoned council today to check as I was starting to worry our complying development certificate wouldn't be issued without it. The girl at the counter didn't seem concerned. She said she didn't think we needed it if we weren't lodging a DA. She said it usually takes 6 weeks though so now may be a good time to do it. Pretty sure if you're doing it yourself regardless of whether you have lodged a DA or going CDC you may need it. Apparently you give them the driveway elevation in the plan pack

I drove past our build this morning and saw that the garage door was being installed!! Its Colourbond Monument and it looks great! I have been waiting to see how it looks, as originally we had chosen a 'Timbagrain' one at our colour appointment then changed it hours after leaving the appointment.
Will have to go past again on the weekend and get some more pics, painting will be done by then too!
We ended up changing builders and going with GJ Gardener and doing a bridgewater 203 design - but moved a wall out to make the bedrooms bigger.
Have just been notified that PCI is now booked for November 6th! 2 weeks today! So excited!!
Holy cow! Incredible, so happy for you guys. 2 weeks!
The plumber was there when we visited today installing our tap ware. So we were able to go inside and have a look, also check out the paintwork with our dark feature walls. Love it all!

Wow, quick build - I hope mine goes as quick when we finally get council approval.

Its looking great!
shellby
Wow, quick build - I hope mine goes as quick when we finally get council approval.

Its looking great!

Thank shellby,
Yes we are amazed and really happy with how quick the build has gone. The admin process seemed to take forever and so this is a nice change.
I had a look at your plan, looks good! Love your feature tiles! Looking forward to following your build

Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum