Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Highbury Homes, Perth SoR build, Tiling Complete

Page 18 of 19
All looks stunning decka!
Decka
MrsMaccaPacca
Wow!! That splash back is so effective! Love your light too! I really wanted that one but the hubby said no!

Thanks MrsMaccaPacca, yeah the light is different, my Wife buys things and then tells me everything costs $10 or claims she has had them for ages Lol.

Ahahaha!!! I wish I could do that!!

Decka
I know! Finally, fast Internet and a dishwasher, could it get any better?!

We are looking forward to the same!

primetime
Decka, congrats on the new house - may I ask where you got your lounge suite from?

Thanks Primetime, the lounge is from king living, bought when they were on special. The Ottoman isn't black though, it has a small blanket over it just to protect it from dirty feet at the moment lol

MattandErin
All looks stunning decka!

Thanks MattandErin

I do agree that fast Internet is indeed great but sadly it's often overlooked when people are looking to build in new estates given the state of nbn as it is now.
Hey Decka it all looks soo good.
And FYI everything does so cost $10 or we have had it for ever in the cupboard
primetime
I do agree that fast Internet is indeed great but sadly it's often overlooked when people are looking to build in new estates given the state of nbn as it is now.

I had fibre and then moved to an estate that was only ADSL1 on a good day.... Never again. So I made sure that this estate had decent internet.
Petad
Hey Decka it all looks soo good.
And FYI everything does so cost $10 or we have had it for ever in the cupboard

Lolol, there may be a roll of the eyes but I never challenge the obvious lol. Learnt that many moons ago
Driveway has water pooling right at the garage door, it doesn't come into the garage but its quite annoying. Highbury state its acceptable for residential but I'm disappointed. I'll fix it later but I did expect better.

I bet they wouldn't say it's acceptable if it was their own house!

So true
How disappointing about your driveway Decka, i am very surprised they are saying that is acceptable..

Our builder insisted we put a grate drain in at the edge of the garage grano for this reason.... Kinda glad we did
Yeah I was looking at doing that as a fix. Didn't come up in yje build as its a flat driveway, guess their leveling wasn't that great over 19mtrs long it was hard to see with the naked eye. Luckily it doesn't go into the garage but drains off to the side when it pools enough that it has to go somewhere. I'm going to put a drain on that side and tie it into the soak well pipe going to that downpipe. We are having pebbles down that side so I'll recess the drain a bit lower, cover it with geotextile fabric and then cover that with the pebbles and the water will drain away and you won't see the drain . Its just a shame that you have to do this stuff after the build, something I would of expected better from HH.

I love how the answer to everything is always that it is "within tolerances" but there is no way they would be happy to accept it for their own home.
I know! Very disappointing.

I absolutely love your design & colour choices. We are just starting the building process & after reading your journey it has certainly given me valuable information about what to look out for. Best wishes on your fabulous house.
ms_prez
I absolutely love your design & colour choices. We are just starting the building process & after reading your journey it has certainly given me valuable information about what to look out for. Best wishes on your fabulous house.

Thanks ms_prez, sorry for the late reply, time gets away from you when you have what seems and endless job list. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I'm going to post a wrap up after the six month maintenance period is up.

Hi Decka,

Your tiler did a great job, do you happen to have their contact details?

Starky
Related
18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

4/11/2023
Tiling over old adhesive

Bathrooms and Laundry

Hi, I'm clearing the tiles from our horrid 50 year old bathroom and preparing to lay new ones. Bugger of a job getting the old…

15/04/2024
Pro finish tiling group

Renovation + Home Improvement

The wallopers will just say it's a civil matter.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum