Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Framing

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, we have a framing meeting tomorrow, and just wondering if there are any questions I should ask or anything I should look for? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as we are pretty clueless about these things lol
What's a framing meeting? If your frame is done and you're 'inspecting' it; you don't want to be asking questions but looking at the quality of the job. Asking questions means you will probably accept your builder's rep's word ... Caveat emptor!
Yep inspecting the framing.
Should be square on the slab, with none hanging over the edge for a start. Bashworth has some good info on his site. Here's a start: http://www.anewhouse.com.au/2015/01/tim ... s-packing/

Would help if you can take someone who understands construction with you. You can do that anytime - you don't need your builder present for that. Probably better they're not there to distract you. Hope it's all good for you and you find it informative
Related
10/11/2023
Slab to framing

General Discussion

STEFF62 Framing should be fine, but he will only be able to nail the baseplates in, I wouldnt think you can dynabolt them after 24 hours. My question is, how is he…

2/01/2024
Framing question

General Discussion

You have not employed legitimate carpenters that is with oath

14/01/2024
Framing on floor joists

Renovation + Home Improvement

Houses have been framed on floor joists since settlement, chipboard flooring is only around for 50 years or so, so why would it not be satisfactory? However exercise skill…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum