Building our first home with Switch Homes

Page 2 of 4
Now to wait for the lining and then concrete

That looks neat!
And the last layer is on. The lining!
Hoping for concrete tomorrow!!!!

FINALLY!!!!!!
We have concrete ?

What an unusual way of doing it! This is because of the former landfill? Does it protect from any nasties in the ground?

Well it was a quarry. But back in the 80s they used to dispose of some building remnants too. So when they converted it they had to do tests. They tested the whole row of land and all the random gas tests came back fine....except one which registered medium for land gases. And they made us do this cos worst case scenario, and there goes 20K. But hey...better to be safe than sorry. Its the first time they have done it in WA but something tells me they are getting stricter these days.
On the plus side we now have a view of the valley from our bottom floor and deck!
We built up but everyone else went down.
Forgot i got married over a year ago and put my old initials in the slab. Oops. Oh well!

Congratulation on the slab... i was waiting to see how it would turn out
I love your house design, what an excellent use of space. Your kitchen will look lovely
Conslabulations!!

townsvillebuyer
I love your house design, what an excellent use of space. Your kitchen will look lovely

Thanks! The hubby designed the bottom floor (not bad for a Boilermaker) and Switch helped us with the stairs and the top floor. If you do it right you can get a decent house on 220sqm!
Was not expecting this only 7 days after the slab was laid!

Bricks delivered and started on the same day!!!

Hoping it survived the storm last night!!!
Wow your brickwork began so fast after your slab went down - hoping ours will be the same! Congratulations, following your build
First floor done!!!!!!

WOOHOO
Congrats
Let the second storey begin!!!

Floortech almost done!

Wish I was building a two story home now. Great views.
Related
12/04/2024
combining the ceiling fan switch, light switch, dimmer switc

Building A New House

Any electricians here please help. 1) Will the Fan need separate switch to ON/OFF/Speed eventhough it comes with Remote 2) how about…

30/04/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

Not much building go on in Croydon given the project has been on hold for years. Not sure how First Avenue Homes has time to build anything when it has four active civil…

28/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Looks promising! Hope the weather holds for you.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum