Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Metricon Liberty 45 on the Northern Beaches, Sydney

Page 1 of 70
Well after tons of research- thanks everyone on here- we're passed the tender acceptance stage and looking forward to a building contract in a few weeks time.

Our Liberty 45 is a new offering here in NSW, we must be amongst the first to build it. Our block is a KDRB, in a bushfire zone and has up to 2 m slope left to right, so there are some site cost and stormwater issues and lots of bedrock to saw away to get the clear canvas we want.

Our build so far;

-Verve facade
-Love luxury promotion
- Daikin Standard Inverter 6HP
-Carpet and tile package- we're bound to upgrade past the standard offering here, 600x600 porcelain tiles
-Hebel cladding and render on entire house
-600mm wide eaves to entire first floor
-Dropped edge beam due slope
-Slab upgrade to H1
-Hydraulic plans for stormwater disposal (provisional)
-stormwater disposal system (provisional)
-BAL-19 bushfire protection (provisional)
-BASIX (provisional)
-Ceiling height increase to 2700mm ground floor, 2550 first floor
-Internal garage door from home to garage and another from garage to side access
-gas and hot and cold water supply to outdoor room
-3 aluminium bifold doors; 2 to dining room, 1 to family room- all rebated into slab
-Pivot 1200mm entry door
-Steel and glass staircase
-Increased full height wall tiling for increased ceiling heights
-Double cavity sliding doors to ground floor siting room (to be media room)
-Soundproofing to media room
-Increase Caesarstone edge to 40/60mm
- Caesarstone to butler's pantry with overhead cupboards, promotional dishwasher, 07-18 feature window
-Move first floor separate WC to family bathroom and create WIR for bed 3 (bed 3&4 both then have WIRs)
-Double cavity sliding doors to master ensuite

Electricals are still a work in progress....
-20 CAT6 data points
-2 phone points
-2 free to air TV points
-6 speaker cable points (outdoor room, kitchen/dining, family, hallway, leisure room, master bedroom)
-6 downlights in eaves, 3 front, 3 rear

...as are colours.....

...oh and we're going for a 8x3.5 pool too
Hi vista dream, congrats on accepting your tender, love the liberty it's one of my fav plans along with the vantage 45. Glad to see they are offering it in nsw now.

Good luck with the next stage of contract, colours and electricals.

Thanks Tribe, we still have unresolved issues with stormwater removal although I'm not entirely sure what those issues are. Will ask SC.

Studio M in 2-3 weeks hopefully.
Congrats on starting the journey! You'll be well supported here!!!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=75739&p=1299716#p1299716
Hey vistadream, do you happen to know what your storm water issue is? Are you in a floor prone area or on a slope?

We're on a slope, approximately 2m with the left boundary being higher than the right. SC says its to do with stormwater running off the block around the driveway. We've already had to switch the front of the house for stormwater, the garage is now on the left, the higher side.

Apparently they've asked council for a small exemption and subject to that we're on the hook for a further $20k to sort this issue out. Unbudgeted for, obviously

I'm still not totally clear on what the issue is!
Wow I love the liberty design and especially the Verve facade! So jealous....

Looking forward to seeing your plans.

Will be following your thread for sure!

build thread: viewtopic.php?t=78328
Dream Metricon Glendale 38 (Sydney)!
Thanks Orpheus, we have our Studio M appointment next Fri, finalising electrical plan in our heads and on paper this weekend. We doubt we'll have all selections done on the day, but that seems to be OK with M as long as we finalise electricals- we have 43 double power points, 27 data points and counting! Around $8k

Any tips from those of you that have been through this stage would be appreciated. Difficult to have everything squared away without design advice, hopefully they'll be helpful at Studio M?!

Contracts will be ready in two weeks, hopefully have plans before then?!
That's a pain about your water issue vistadream, I hope they come up with an affordable solution.

With your electricals don't forget to add double and 3 way switching, junction boxes and wiring for fans if your going to add the fans after hand over, External lighting a home data pack of your wanting one.

If you have a good idea in your mind of what colour scheme and feel you want to go through your home then you should be ok, our m selections lady was great.

Yes generally you should have your plans before your contract, if they say they will present them together push for the plans first.

What is a home data pack? Also does anyone know much about installing provision for NBN? Not present in this area yet but we want to future proof.

Our plan is to have a server rack in the garage with all CAT6 terminating there, as well as speaker cable. I'm going to install an amp, Synology 412+ NAS, PoE switch (so we can connect 5 IP security cameras), gigabit switch and an HD anywhere box (mHub 4K for UHD, FOXTEL, bluray to 4 TVs). The plan is to be able to watch media in HD or better from any TV in the house and to have music in any room. Synology have a native app for Samsung TVs so that makes it easy.

All on high speed broadband for now, then NBN when it arrives.
We are in a nbn estate and had Metricon install a nbn home system, we also have data points throughout the house linked to tv ports and a couple of others in the study nook for direct access to the data point plus a wireless router. I have no idea if you can install all the extra bits and bobs you want to that system (my hubby does that, I'm a plug and play lady
)

This is the system in the garage

One of the data points in our sitting room.

This is what is listed in our contract,

The cost was $1,345.00

Hope that helps.

Tribe7
We are in a nbn estate and had Metricon install a nbn home system, we also have data points throughout the house linked to tv ports and a couple of others in the study nook for direct access to the data point plus a wireless router. I have no idea if you can install all the extra bits and bobs you want to that system (my hubby does that, I'm a plug and play lady
)

This is the system in the garage

One of the data points in our sitting room.

This is what is listed in our contract,

The cost was $1,345.00

Hope that helps.

Tribe, where did you place the wireless router in reference to the data box?

Not sure yet Orpheus, we will get keys in the next 2 weeks and I think hubby was saying he is going to put the wireless router in the study nook as its the most central part in the house for service and we have a data point there too.

Oh that makes sense. Too bad we don't have a study room or nook as we converted it into a guest bdrm. I'm not sure where to place our wireless/broadband router??

Maybe on the top shelf inside your broom cupboard in the laundry, it's the most central location in your house and it's not something you really to look at anyway.

Thanks Tribe7 that's useful info.

I'm hoping we can provision NBN even though it's not available in our area yet.
No worries, it's a good idea to add it now, trying to do it later would be a battle with a double story

Visited Studio M yesterday for a preview and selected 70% of our fittings and some colours.

Not impressed by the appliances on offer, standard ones or upgrades. Has anyone had any luck with provisioning appliance spaces in the kitchen for installation after handover? Ideally we'd like to install our own European stuff, seems such a hassle to install what's on offer and then try and sell it on eBay! Why can't they just offer a wider range?

Do M give any credit if you don't take their appliances?

Considering upgrading AC to a premium inverter plus to get the touchpad controller, Skyzone. Any idea how much and whether it's worth it? Or can be done after handover?

External colours on rendered Hebel.
Windspray Wideline aluminium windows, back
Dulux Pipe Clay quarter, middle
Dulux Timeless Grey, front

Powder room
CaesarStone Alpine Mist
Laminex Himalayan Stone, natural finish

Bathroom
CaesarStone Alpine Mist
Laminex Basalt, natural finish

We're getting there......
You can defiantly try to get them to take the electrical items out of the contract, but I would add them as and allowance so the bank can see they will be put in.

Colours look lovely, they all go together really nicely.

Related
30/05/2023
Montgomery Homes KD/R on Northern Beaches

Building A New House

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has built with Montgomery in the last few years on the Northern Beaches? I don't see the see them around, as I would love to ask how happy…

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum