Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Celebration Homes Build in Piara Waters WA [Moved In]

Page 4 of 5
Roof carpentry complete! Next up should be the gutters, downpipes and the rough-in for electric and plumbing.

I have also booked an inspection to go over all of the structural elements. This should happen early next week.
In an exchange between the inspection company and my builder it was mentioned that my roof cover should go on next Thursday, the 14th. Fingers crossed!

Gutters and drain pipes installed.

Roof cover is due to begin next Thursday and I have an inspector going through on Tuesday.

Looking good!

How did the inspection go? Do you think it was worth the money? ie did they pick up on stuff you were looking straight past?
alexkrad
Looking good!

How did the inspection go? Do you think it was worth the money? ie did they pick up on stuff you were looking straight past?

I have been slack on here lately and haven't updated. I will try to get some new photos up tomorrow.

The inspection picked up a couple of structural items that I definitely wouldn't have noticed and that sound pretty important. Unfortunately the inspection was over 2 weeks ago and I still don't have a response from the builder. Every time I ask about it I get told they are waiting for a response from the site supervisor. I sent another email this morning which wasn't replied to, so I will be annoyed if I hear nothing on Monday. I would say the inspection is definitely worth it, if the builder actually responds to it and it doesn't just get ignored.

With the house the roof is now complete and the anticon also installed. The front has also been rendered.
Last week they did the grey float and started plastering the walls this week. I haven't been since Wednesday but I will go tomorrow and hopefully the walls are all done.
The promised update!

I went by yesterday (Saturday) hoping the white set on the walls was finished and was surprised to find that not only was it finished, but the windows and sliding doors had also been installed.

There were also some large packages in the garage that said 'Gyprock' so I assume those are the ceilings which will hopefully start tomorrow.

Here are a few recent photos:

Another belated update!

Things were a bit quiet the last couple of weeks.

Two weeks ago the ceilings and cornices went in and the front drainpipes were attached.

We finally reached lock up today and all of the doors were installed, along with all of the shelving.

This week the plan is to get all of the painting done (everything external and internal other than walls). The bath and cabinets are also due to be installed.

Next week the garage floor will be poured and the tilers will be doing the wet areas. I have a lock up meeting scheduled for the 27th to see the progress.

I met with the Site Supervisor today to go over my structural inspection report (I am happy with the explanations I received for certain items, and the resolutions to others) and was told that as the industry is quiet at the moment my house should tear along from here and it is unlikely there will be a day where something hasn't been done. I have been told that my PCI meeting will likely be in 5 weeks, so that is a lot quicker than I was expecting.

Now I really need to jump on organising the post-handover stuff (soakwells, painting, skirting boards, lighting, window treatments etc.) as I haven't really looked into at all yet :S

I will be sure to post some photos later in the week when the cabinets are in!
A fair bit has happened over the last two weeks.

All of the internal painting was done (ceilings, cornices, doors, door frames) as well as external (eaves, garage ceiling, alfresco). The render and front door were given a base coat and the final painting for those should happen this week.

All of the doors are on and shelving has been installed. Wet area tiling is all done and grouted, and all cabinetry and sinks have been installed. The bath has also been installed, and the kitchen splashback has been tiled. Most of the plumbing has been done including all drainage, and the sinks taps have been installed for the bathrooms and laundry.

The garage floor has also been poured and intelligent homes have been by to install the data and phone points.

I had my lock up meeting on Friday and everything is going well. PCI has now been booked for June 27, so not long to go!

This week all of the electrical work will be done (power points, light switches, appliances etc.) and the final plumbing (HWS, kitchen sink, shower taps). The pavers for the alfresco and driveway should also be delivered.
How exciting! Your house seems to have gone up in the blink of an eye!
alexkrad
How exciting! Your house seems to have gone up in the blink of an eye!

It feels like forever at the time and then when you look back it's like "that was fast". Less than 3 weeks to go until PCI.

Last week all of the electrical and plumbing tasks were completed and the pavers were delivered. I went by tonight and they haven't started the paving yet, but hopefully this week. The main floor tiling should also start this week. Tonight I found that they had finished up the painting, including the front render. I can't tell what the colour is like yet though as it was too dark to see it properly.

Some of the finishing touches have also been done. The wardrobe mirrored sliders and shower screens are all in, and also the flyscreens and flyscreen doors. There are a few things that I also assume are done but I am unable to see to verify (such as the toilets and the bathroom mirrors).

Hopefully everything stays on track.

I have booked a week off of work in July so I can get into the painting. So far I have mostly organised my soak wells and crossover, and I am finalising the lighting. I still haven't looked into window coverings yet though :/
Here are a few more recent photos of the house. Main floor tiling was finished last week.

Only outstanding items now are: Carpets, Paving, Garage Door, Final Render/Gable Painting, Cleaning.

Looking good for PCI in 2 weeks!

House is looking great... I love your floor colour.

Another super late update!

The house was finished off over the weekend and today was PCI! It went really well with only minor issues being found by both myself and the independent inspector. As long as there are no delays with the bank I should be getting my keys next Monday July 4.

I will be getting into the painting as soon as I can (once I pick a colour) and have soakwells and lighting arranged for right after handover. I still haven't gotten around to looking at blinds yet though

Here are a few of the photos I took during the inspection.

Main Room

Ensuite

Ensuite

Ensuite

WIR

Entry

Bathroom

From minor bedroom
Congratulations! Looks great!
Congrats.. your house looks awesome
Looking fab
Congrats on your PCI. The house is looking fantastic !!
Thanks everyone!

Keys tomorrow morning! Straight into the painting on Tuesday. Spent some time at Solver on Saturday but still don't have a colour. Picked up the sealer and the paint for the wet areas (just going with plain white). Got a few sample tins of colours we liked so we will trial those.

Meeting with the landscaper on Wednesday and soak wells will be going in on Thursday or Friday.

Still trying to figure out who I can contact to clean up after the soak wells (I need someone that takes away excess sand, can do some levelling at the front for the landscapers and possibly do some compacting).

Lighting and other electrical work will be done on Saturday.

Still haven't really made a start on blinds. I went to one store to get a rough idea of prices and it sounded like more than I could afford right now ($700 per window for double roller blind). Might have to see what the pricing is like with Ikea or Bunnings.

Many busy days head! Good thing I took some time off of work.
Got keys today! Painting kicks off tomorrow!
I think next time I will just hire a painter.

3 full days with 3 people working on it so far and we are still sealing the walls. They were filthy and all had to be cleaned first. Now on to our 3rd 10L tin of sealer and still heaps to do.
oduen
I think next time I will just hire a painter.

3 full days with 3 people working on it so far and we are still sealing the walls. They were filthy and all had to be cleaned first. Now on to our 3rd 10L tin of sealer and still heaps to do.

I was pretty keen to save some money and do the painting ourselves but then we got it included in our contract and now pretty relieved we dont need to worry about it.

Keep up the good work, hopefully the end is in sight!
Related
3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum