Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Celebration Homes Build in Piara Waters WA [Moved In]

Page 3 of 5
Bricks and Frames were delivered yesterday. Hopefully brickwork will start next week!

A dust devil came through while I was there today and cleaned off a few slabs. Fun to watch.
Bricks!

In your first photo did you notice on the garage on the house on the street behind you has some (alot!) of some sort of splatter up the wall? When we were having a nosy on the weekend we seen it and were just hoping that can be cleaned up somehow for that person!
alexkrad
In your first photo did you notice on the garage on the house on the street behind you has some (alot!) of some sort of splatter up the wall? When we were having a nosy on the weekend we seen it and were just hoping that can be cleaned up somehow for that person!

I did notice that when I was there. Looked like a paint can had exploded or something. All over the slab, the wall and gutter.
I will probably visit tonight so I will see if they have cleaned it up.

Edit: It has been cleaned but you can still see the stain from it on the wall.
Door frames and other remaining materials arrived today so I expect the brickwork will start tomorrow.

I got an update from the builder today and apparently my brickwork should be finished by next Tuesday. I guess they will be tearing through it over the weekend.

The roof carpenter is scheduled for the 21st with the materials arriving next week.

Will hopefully be able to post some wall photos tomorrow night
Brickwork has started!! Feels like they did quite a bit today.

Looks pretty good. I didn't notice any bricks sticking out randomly and they seemed pretty well lined up.

Quick question for all of you. If there are outside facing bricks that won't be rendered over and they have gaps in the concrete is that something I need to point out or will they go back later and patch it all up (remembering they are only one day into the brickwork).

Edit: It occurred to me looking at the gaps again that maybe they are there for a reason. It looks like they are in spots where either a drain pipe or tap will be.

Edit 2: Sounds like they could be 'weep holes'.

Example:

Cheers!
More work done on the walls today!

The lighter brick at the bottom was done yesterday, so I assume it looks different like that because they washed that section (I hope).

Hiya, posting to follow along, we are at a very similar stage and we both have Ocean Foam Casesarstone!
The holes are weep holes. They are a course or two up so they don't get covered by any paving. I guess you probably know already they are to allow water to escape the brick work cavity should any get in
Wellard2ndTimers
Hiya, posting to follow along, we are at a very similar stage and we both have Ocean Foam Casesarstone!
The holes are weep holes. They are a course or two up so they don't get covered by any paving. I guess you probably know already they are to allow water to escape the brick work cavity should any get in

I was actually just reading through your thread
Your build is looking very good. Your bricks are a very similar colour to mine and I love them. I almost wish the front of my house won't be rendered so they would use the bricks instead.

Yeah, I figured it out about the weep holes after some googling. Luckily I hadn't sent off a complaint about it to the builder yet

Our bricks should be done by the end of the week with the roofing scheduled to start next Monday.

Looking forward to also following your build. Celebrations and Dale Alcock are part of the same group so I expect they follow a very similar process.
Just started following your thread. I like your design and colour selection... Wow brick work done is one week, that's very quick. At this rate you will have key handover in Jul/Aug.. Fantastic.

We got pre-start booked with Celebration Homes in 2 weeks. So, going through selection process... seems like a never ending task.
I think our elevation is similar to yours ... Is that based on Rio?

Can you please let me know the external electrical contractors you used to do your electrical plan? We are thinking of doing the lighting, ceiling fans and powerpoints after the handover.
rjrj
Just started following your thread. I like your design and colour selection... Wow brick work done is one week, that's very quick. At this rate you will have key handover in Jul/Aug.. Fantastic.

We got pre-start booked with Celebration Homes in 2 weeks. So, going through selection process... seems like a never ending task.
I think our elevation is similar to yours ... Is that based on Rio?

Can you please let me know the external electrical contractors you used to do your electrical plan? We are thinking of doing the lighting, ceiling fans and powerpoints after the handover.

Hey! Always good to see other Celebrations builders on here.

I found pre-start pretty easy, but we didn't put too much thought into the colours. Luckily we found a display home of theirs that we liked the look of and stole those colours. Made things easier.

I am not too sure which design my elevation is from. I don't see the Rio on their site any more to check. When we first met with Celebrations we were given a booklet with some of the 12.5m house designs and along the bottom it had a few examples of elevations. We liked the look of the one we have (the traditional elevation) and asked for it. I am a fan of gables.

It does seem to be the exact same as yours. Is your design the Rio?

My electrical plan I did myself in terms of the power points, but for the lighting I sent my floor plan to the guys at Lightcube Designs (http://www.lightcubedesigns.com.au) as they had done the lighting for a friend. They sent back a lighting plan which I then emulated onto my electrical plan. This helped a lot as I was really unsure of how many lights I would need and where to place them. For most rooms I just moved the existing light point to one of the locations on my lighting plan. The electrician can then replace it with a downlight and add the rest of them. The important thing is to have either a light point or a junction box for each set of lights that you want.
Thanks ! I am on the same boat. Not sure how many lights I required. We are getting 10 downlights as part of their promo. So, I am thinking of replacing bayonet on the other rooms with the downlight after the handover.

I especially like your idea of putting the builders light point at where you want your downlight that way I don't have to plaster the light point which they normally put it in the middle

Yes, my elevation is called Rio. I think they have "Redford" home design based on the Rio elevation.
rjrj
Thanks ! I am on the same boat. Not sure how many lights I required. We are getting 10 downlights as part of their promo. So, I am thinking of replacing bayonet on the other rooms with the downlight after the handover.

You got the entertainers package promo they had? Lucky. When I signed up I was just able to get raised ceilings and caesarstone benchtops, but it wasn't free, just discounted. The promos the last few months have been way better.
A few more wall photos from today.

Brickwork seems to have been completed today! It took 6 days of work all up.

Hi Oduen did you use a building inspection company to conduct staged inspections of your build?
loulou1411
Hi Oduen did you use a building inspection company to conduct staged inspections of your build?

I haven't yet but I plan to have an inspection when the roof frame is complete. I am going to use Mark from Bestwest Building as I have seen him recommended many times on these forums.

I will also bring an inspector along when it is time for PCI.
After a couple of weeks of nothing much happening the roof frame was started today. It should take 3 days to complete so hopefully it is done early next week. The electrician and plumber should be following right behind.

The estate has really been taking off lately. Every other day there are a couple of new slabs down. It's exciting to see and track how others are progressing. Stages 3 and 4 look almost ready for titles so hopefully those aren't too far away.

oduen
After a couple of weeks of nothing much happening the roof frame was started today. It should take 3 days to complete so hopefully it is done early next week. The electrician and plumber should be following right behind.

The estate has really been taking off lately. Every other day there are a couple of new slabs down. It's exciting to see and track how others are progressing. Stages 3 and 4 look almost ready for titles so hopefully those aren't too far away.

Went through yesterday quickly, think I have stalked out your place now haha.. looks the same as the photos in case you were planning a trip today, guess they don't work the weekend though..
If you don't mind next time we are there we might have a wonder through your place because we have signed with Celebrations now (yay) and gone for the 31c throughout like you have and would be keen to see it in practice.

Pretty sure stage 3 and 4 will title at the same time, construction due to be finished by "mid April" and then title 4-6 weeks after that, so mid May, early June more likely. On my street at least still waiting on road to be completed but doesn't look too far off, the retaining walls to have their render grout whatever its called put in the gaps between the blocks, and light poles etc to be installed. Don't think it would be a struggle to get that done in 10 days but I am not a land developer so who knows haha.

We got a clause in our build contract that site works will start 2 days after settlement so bring on titles! I guess I should start my own thread!
alexkrad
Went through yesterday quickly, think I have stalked out your place now haha.. looks the same as the photos in case you were planning a trip today, guess they don't work the weekend though..

Mine should be pretty easy to spot at the moment. At least as of Saturday it was the only one in stage 2 with a roof started.
I will probably check it out tonight as hopefully they are working on it today.

alexkrad
If you don't mind next time we are there we might have a wonder through your place because we have signed with Celebrations now (yay) and gone for the 31c throughout like you have and would be keen to see it in practice.

Sure thing, not a problem.

alexkrad
Pretty sure stage 3 and 4 will title at the same time, construction due to be finished by "mid April" and then title 4-6 weeks after that, so mid May, early June more likely. On my street at least still waiting on road to be completed but doesn't look too far off, the retaining walls to have their render grout whatever its called put in the gaps between the blocks, and light poles etc to be installed. Don't think it would be a struggle to get that done in 10 days but I am not a land developer so who knows haha.

It definitely looks pretty close. Hopefully no more than a couple of weeks of work. I think mine took around 8 weeks from when it was finished to actually get the titles from council, but that included the Christmas break. With Stage 1 I think it was 6 weeks.
Roof continued today. Looks like all that is left is the remaining fascia and hardiflex. Should be done tomorrow.

Related
3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum