Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The Gables in Box Hill

Page 1 of 21
New community in Box Hill. Lands on sale on 22nd and 23rd of August. Unfortunately I was not able to secure a priority number.

Anyone here managed to get a priority number? Please share your experiences, purchase and build updates.

Masterplan

Sales Plan Release 1.1

Price List Release 1.1

Price List Release 1.2
Hi Jane1970! Thank you for starting this thread. I'm interested in keeping up to date with this development. I also missed out on getting a priority number - hoping for some good news after the auction!

Melon87
Hi Jane1970! Thank you for starting this thread. I'm interested in keeping up to date with this development. I also missed out on getting a priority number - hoping for some good news after the auction!

I managed to secure a number. I am doubtful to go ahead as I am still arguing with my partner about the investment.
few points: Distance / duration to new school set up/ flooding.
Any possibility to transfer the number to anyone?

What do you guying think?
alexav
Melon87

I managed to secure a number. I am doubtful to go ahead as I am still arguing with my partner about the investment.
few points: Distance / duration to new school set up/ flooding.
Any possibility to transfer the number to anyone?

What do you guying think?

Hi There,

I am happy to take your number as I am interested about the land, however I didn't get any priority number yesterday due to email issue.

If I can get your number I can get Jason keen (Sales Director to change the Name)
I got a number yesterday. What number did you get alexav?

My knowledge as I have seen the storm water management plan and flood management plan is they have provisions in place that will ensure no flooding.

What do you think about the prices though?
Guys,
Priority number is not transferable.
Prices are way too much for ordinary people except builders and investors.
Sydney property market is crazy, hence all people queued up to get the priority numbers without checking the prices.
This area will take at least next 10 years to develop, you need think about this before commit to buy the land at Box Hill.
Price is way too high compare to new land release. This is too much. This people sucking our blood and making lots of money. This is a $4b project and they selling 6000 land over 500k so think how much money they are making.

People shouldn't buy this land
Price should be below 500k. I spoke with bank they won't give you more then 400k loan on this land. Please everyone before you buy this land think twice. Rest is your choice. But this people are playing with our money.
Rumun,

That is incorrect. Banks do not provide such advice.
I was pretty disappointed with the priority number process.

I received the email regarding the priority number location at 10.50AM which stated that priority numbers would be given at 11.15AM.

I was fortunate that I only work down the round and arrived just before 11AM only to find a huge line. I was a little suspicious as to how soo many people got their before me. My suspicious were confirmed when I found out that priority numbers were already being handed out before the email was even issued as people were coming out with priority numbers as I was waiting in line (I saw a few priority numbers coming out in the 30's).

Clearly there was an SMS blast or some sort or priority email list for builders/investors to arrive before others.
Box Hill under Hill council. Hills council lands are more expensive than Blacktown. 15M wide lots & land size from 450SQM. I think it is fair price under this market condition. Next release they will charge more I guess.
Good to hear you got a number Toby. What number did you get?
SCF are you planning to purchase at Box Hill?
gablesrocks,

I don't know which bank you went but the bank I went they wont give me loan that much for this land. they said still it is another 10 years away to develop the area. so I strongly not agree with the price they asking for.

The price set is not correct when there is no construction work happening and I don't think land will be hand over on time at all.
Ok Rumun.

That makes sense. I guess it is also about the fact that the land hasn't got any infrastructure for water services to electricity. Could this play a factor in the bank refusing the amount suggested?
YEP! I have shown them the plan I have received in the website but Bank said this is very early stage for bank to allow loan. They also advise when infrastructure will start, project will have more value added then they may start secure the loan. however according to them this is way over price when there is no work has started.
-

I am still interest about the project but not the price. this is the 1st time happen in NSW on 1st land release price is cross 500K.
Rumun

You do know that currently you only require 10% deposit and not the full loan? The settlement is not until the infrastructure is developed

Frankly Rumun. We don't have to settle until after 18 months. If it is not ready by then you don't settle till it is. I am happy to wait till 24 months.

I have done my research. Land in Riverstone this size with all the services and infrastructure costs between 650k - 750k. Marsden Park and Scofields you can't even get these sizes and if you do it is acerage or corner lots that are these sizes and you still pay 570k-700k. With the acerage it is obviously much more in price.

I am taking the land at The Gables
Just called gables sales person and they said next release they won't increase the price. Not sure how accurate this information. As we all know this project is only for builders to take the land not us like normal people.

Gables only wants to make money so greedy.
Rumun, this release isn't complete yet. That is probably why there isn't going to be a price increase in the next one. I have had a very long and detailed chat with Jason.

There are 302 lots to sell across 3-4 weekends. This is the first set (132 lots) so there are some more to go which will come shortly I guess.
Related
18/01/2024
Terry road box hill

General Discussion

I brought terry road box hill in June 2022 House was meant to be completed Nov 2023 That did not happen I had to chase them so much to the land Registration and…

8/01/2024
Mojo Homes, Enigma 46 - Gables NSW

Building A New House

Hi all, We are considering Enigma 46 from Mojo Homes in Gables, NSW. Has anyone built with Mojo and any pointers and feedback. Also, if anyone has built similar design…

16/07/2023
Options for Retaining Wall Sloping Hill

Landscape & Garden Design

Howdy all. I am looking for feedback on what people would do to maximise and make an area as flat as possible. First, out the front of the house is a sloping hill, pretty…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum