Well I thought I better start a thread on our future build which is still in the early days felt bad stalking all the threads and have nothing too share hah
Everyone's threads have helped us immensely throughout this whole planning stage.
So a huge thank you in advance.
Please excuse the long thread.
The home we are building is the Duxton 39. Location Southeast Melbourne.
Facade we selected is the Peninsula.
Our house plans are:
We just needed a no frills plan that suits our needs and we found it with this house.
No land pictures as of yet because it doesn't title until next year, so I'll post our land site instead:
The following plans were our original ones but we've made many changes since and hope to get these all updated in the next week or two (as you do) lol
These are them.
Hopefully we will have our polished plans too share in the next couple of weeks.
Our 3D shot of the home (sales consultant couldn't find our facade so used another)
Excuse the quality of the image that's the best he could do. Pffff
Our house on land, we have made changes on location of home, we will be moving 1 metre to the left and extending Garage leaving 1 metre side of garage and gaining more on right. We'll be moving house back a metre to add more to front
Changes we've made to date and still going....lol
We haven't really started on top floor design as of yet but I'm quite happy how it is at the moment.
- Additional windows in bedrooms 4-5 overlooking backyard. Sliding (600-1800) for light and privacy
- Replacing existing windows in Bed 2-3 to above windows because it seemed too dark
(And we viewed display home many times at different times of the day to check) and still looked too dark for our liking
- Considering Mirror Cavity doors on the WIR (still pending)
- Added fixed window to study facing front
- Adding freestanding bath to bathroom to give it that feeling of more space.
- considering frosting glass on the bigger windows top floor
- Ceasarstone bench tops to Kitchen, Bathroom and Ensuite (normal laminated bench) for Powder room
- Home Complete Package includes:
- Flooring Cat 1
- Carpet Cat 1
- Roller blinds to every window in house.
- Kitchen Package
- Extra Cabinetry
- 900mm Upright Oven
- Garage Remote
- 20mm Ceasarstone in Kitchen
Carpet to Cat 3
Flooring to Cat 3
Upright to top cooker
Upgrade to cabinetry
Thank goodness we get credited back on these things, so the variations in price worked out very affordable
- Raised Ceiling on bottom floor
- Entry door - wide pivot door
- Replaced Double doors with Cavity doors to suit ceiling height and cater to WIR change
- Replaced Awning windows with Stacker Door
- Extending WIR 600mm by reducing lounge
- Moving doorway to WIR towards stacker side(negative was we lose a shelf in WIR) so expanding it was compensation for the loss
- Adding little window in WIR for airing and light reasons
- Added Cavity doors to Ensuite
(Family and Dining Room)
- Replaced both sliding doors in family and dining with Double stacker doors. When opened up the whole room opens up to outdoor area.
- Added 2 Awnings in family room
- Added additional window to Dining room to compliment other window.
- Fixed window to Kitchen as my splash back
- Microwave and appliance Tower
- 3 x banks of 3 Pot drawers
- Waste bin
- Food Disposal Unit
- Upgrading Cabinetry to half size to go above Oven
- upgrade range hood to go beneath them
- Extended Island to 1200x3300
That's all I can think of at the moment still many things to come no doubt hah
- Change Pantry
- Change Powder Room
- Raise Ceiling Top Floor
- Stair Upgrade (for sure)
I'm ashamed to say haven't started. Lol
- looking at Rendering
So many choices hah
- Solar Panels (pricey at Metricon) I'll look elsewhere
- Rain water Tank (pricey again)
- Pool (on the cards) but after handover,
- A lot of things we can do afterwards but needed to tackle the costly things first
So yes there is my thread sorry to bore most people but I will update when something new and exciting has happened. Maybe selection time in the next couple of weeks may need suggestions on colours
Always open to new ideas and better deals out there so look forward to the posts.
Good luck all
Most things I