Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

HGWA build Burns Beach- 8 months still no slab

Page 23 of 24
Inspection has been moved back to Friday- after confirming with home group 3 times it'll be on Wednesday because I need to take an annual leave day- they email us today saying it's going to be Friday.
We knew they weren't going to be ready for Wednesday already! I cannot wait to stop dealing with these idiots!

The bath issue shouldn't be a problem thank god- spoke to 3 different builders/trades and you only need water resistant material on the floor- Aus standards don't require waterproofing- so that was lucky!

Now to try and sort out my day off for Friday

How's your painting going Zoe? Does it look good??

Good luck for today Mon!
ZoePerth
Good luck for today Mon!

Thanks! It went ok. They still aren't ready- we couldn't test any of the hot water, ovens, cooktop etc. But we figured we may as well do PCI and just add to their list- it went pretty smoothly- just a lot of paint fix ups and ceiling/cornice cracks etc.
Don't think we will be getting keys this month
. Tiler has to come back and re waterproof part of the shower due to a blockage- and cabinetry still needs tweaking.

Hopefully it won't take them long! Now to email all the trades to push them back a couple of more weeks.

Looks like majority of the list will be completed this week! Painters were on site today and so was tiler. Hopefully second and final PCI will be mid next week!

Oh yay! So you could be in by Christmas??
How is it all going Mon?
We got keys today!! Finally!! Tiler starts first thing tomorrow morning. Hoping to be in around Jan 10!
Tiler should take 2-3 weeks then got trades back to back to paint, window treatments, splashback and carpet.
Driveway and alfresco also starting this Friday. Cannot wait! So glad to not have to deal with home group anymore (apart for maintenance etc)

Mon who's doing your window treatments? Send us some pictures of your driveway once it's all done! Congrats x

Mon445
We got keys today!! Finally!! Tiler starts first thing tomorrow morning. Hoping to be in around Jan 10!
Tiler should take 2-3 weeks then got trades back to back to paint, window treatments, splashback and carpet.
Driveway and alfresco also starting this Friday. Cannot wait! So glad to not have to deal with home group anymore (apart for maintenance etc)

Oh wow what's happened with HGWA? Least you're on the downhill part now, nearly there!
hevmal
Mon who's doing your window treatments? Send us some pictures of your driveway once it's all done! Congrats x

Hevmal we have plantation shutters done by Affordable shutters and the curtain tracks were from the
Blinds gallery and mum is sewing the sheets.

Tilers started yesterday and they'll have finished the floors by tomorrow! So impressed with them! Then they will finish the full height tiling in bathrooms.

I'm a tad bit concerned over paint colour as the walls are meant to be similar to the floor tiles- I think we will have to go 2 shades darker for contrast..thinking Dulux timeless grey..

Driveway has been moved to Monday as guy hasn't finished previous job. It's slowly coming together!

Tiling all finished now? How are you feeling about the paint?
Floor tiling finished- finally found a paint colour! Painters have sealed all the walls and will be back after Xmas to finish.
Driveway looks awesome!

Awesome.. waiting for pics what colour did you choose for driveway?

Been slowly settling in over the past 3 months. Few pics of our place. Still waiting to finish the timber panels on the living room wall

Absolutely stunning Mon!!
love love love that kitchen and all your tiling!
Looks stunning! Congrats

Do you mind if I ask where you got your table from? Thanks!
fizzed
Looks stunning! Congrats

Do you mind if I ask where you got your table from? Thanks!

Thanks. It's from furniture gallery

Hi,
I am building my new home with blueprint homes. They are using della vita products like benchtop, taps and even led lights. My main concern is their led downlights. They are giving me three 25W downlights in living area and kitchen. I am not sure if it is a good idea to have 25W led or replace them with clipsal 9W ones as some people said 25W is not good for residential purpose. Anyone used them in their home? Your suggestions will mean a lot to us.

Cheers
Deep
deepak648
Hi,
I am building my new home with blueprint homes. They are using della vita products like benchtop, taps and even led lights. My main concern is their led downlights. They are giving me three 25W downlights in living area and kitchen. I am not sure if it is a good idea to have 25W led or replace them with clipsal 9W ones as some people said 25W is not good for residential purpose. Anyone used them in their home? Your suggestions will mean a lot to us.

Cheers
Deep

Hey Deep,

I would suggest that you just get the builder to install plugbase or just batons, the lights given by builder (specially HGWA & Blueprint) arent good ones. You probably have better options available after the build.

Like some others have raised the stuff given by both HGWA and Blueprint is normally sub par so put only what is really needed. You can find tons of stuff online about the issues people have had with Della Vita stuff.
Related
20/05/2023
Frame without roof for 2 months, mould and water pooling

Building A New House

This certainly doesn't look good. I would be engaging with an independent inspector to have a look at this. As for the unscheduled site visits, most builders are quite…

15/12/2023
Suitable material for build up around slab

Building A New House

Not recommended! The image presented is for a sublevel area. The footings are down deep with a load bearing wall supporting the upper floor level. If you did that drain…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum