Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

HGWA build Burns Beach- 8 months still no slab

Page 22 of 24
ms_prez
Looks amazing Mon, great colour selections. Can I ask what size tiles you used on the floors ? And roughly how much extra the buider charged you for the upgrade?

Ms Pez- the ensuite are 600x600 and minor bathroom are 450x450

We got charges ALOT. From memory it was approx $3000 minor bathroom and $4500ish for ensuite plus $500 mitred edges. I'll check te paperwork when I get home from work.

Mon
Love the narrow strip tiles, all looks beautiful
Mon445
ms_prez
Looks amazing Mon, great colour selections. Can I ask what size tiles you used on the floors ? And roughly how much extra the buider charged you for the upgrade?

Ms Pez- the ensuite are 600x600 and minor bathroom are 450x450

We got charges ALOT. From memory it was approx $3000 minor bathroom and $4500ish for ensuite plus $500 mitred edges. I'll check te paperwork when I get home from work.

Mon

Ouch!!!!! Definitely hurts the hip pocket but looks incredible. Great to get an idea of the price as we are having a similar look but with the 300 x 600 or is it the 600 x 900, gosh cant remember, let's say the long rectangular tiles!!!!

Yep they will sting you but there's no other option really. We are doing full height tiling after handover because they wanted to charge us about $20,000 all up!
Make sure you get it costed in the contract though- it will work out much cheaper!

Mon
Mon445
Yep they will sting you but there's no other option really. We are doing full height tiling after handover because they wanted to charge us about $20,000 all up!
Make sure you get it costed in the contract though- it will work out much cheaper!

Mon

Thanks for the tip.

All fixtures, ovens and cooktops in!! Hot water system, electrical and insulation done! All that's left to do is pour grano to our portico, paint and hang all doors and handles, shower screens, robes and fly screens and garage door! SS said 3-4weeks but were hoping it'll be quicker

Dining chairs are ordered, mirror splashback booked in for early nov, tilers booked in, carpets and shutters sorted and exposed aggregate driveway locked in. Getting so excited!!!

Wow - everything is looking so great! Your tiles are stunning!! Not long to go now
Looks amazing Mon! How awesome does your cornice look above the bulkhead?!

Follow our HGWA build in Baldivis @ viewtopic.php?t=83352&f=31&p=1604334#p1604334
How exciting, your home is looking fab. Definitely love the cornices over the bulkhead as well. Are your benches Essastone?

ms_prez
How exciting, your home is looking fab. Definitely love the cornices over the bulkhead as well. Are your benches Essastone?

They are all Della Vita ms Prez

What's everyone done with regards to buying extra LED lights as homegroup provides della vita lights? Can we buy extra della vita ones? Or has anyone come across similar brand?

Hey Mon how's things going? With regards the lights maybe speak to a local sparky and see if they can quote for those specific ones? We fitted LEDs in our last home and they were so much better than halogen type spot lights
ZoePerth
Hey Mon how's things going? With regards the lights maybe speak to a local sparky and see if they can quote for those specific ones? We fitted LEDs in our last home and they were so much better than halogen type spot lights

Hey Zoe
Everything is done besides the door handles and connecting the freestanding bath!! Emailed
Home group today and they said their inspector will be coming through first week of nov (why that long I don't know!!)
It's all looking amazing!! Wish we could have PCI next week or so! There's only a few small things we've picked up but we will bring our own inspector with us. How are you going?

PCI Thursday all booked in with our inspector. Got our final invoices and final payment request and we were credited over $7k back in site costs which is great. Considering we allowed $30k in site costs due to the slope it's very welcome to have a bit back!! Need to arrange home and contents insurance now
PCI NEXT TUESDAY!!!!!!!! Cannot contain my excitement!!!!!!!

WOOHOO

Mon445
PCI NEXT TUESDAY!!!!!!!! Cannot contain my excitement!!!!!!!

Hurray!
Mon did you book an inspection ok?
ZoePerth
Mon did you book an inspection ok?

Yes we did! But we are going with a guy that my husbands work uses all the time. Fingers crossed there's nothing major to fix!

Is it tomorrow Mon? Did you sort out the bath issue?
Related
9/05/2024
2 months old decking problems

Outdoor Living

Our external decking was only installed 2 months ago, and already moulded, with cracks, and some timber decolorated. The decking is in an exposed area, uncovered in our…

15/12/2023
Suitable material for build up around slab

Building A New House

Not recommended! The image presented is for a sublevel area. The footings are down deep with a load bearing wall supporting the upper floor level. If you did that drain…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum