Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis Charlton

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

We are new at this and in very early stages and just have a couple of questions regarding the Charlton by Porter Davis:

1. Would anyone happen to know the cost of the Fairview riverwalk facade as displayed at riverwalk in Werribee?

2. Where could we get a floor plan of the Charlton as displayed at woolert, I think from memory it was 40 something sq's not the 28 or 33 as displayed online?

3. Would anyone know what the colours of the exterior of the Vancouver as also displayed at riverwalk?

Any help is greatly appreciated thank you
watermill
Hi all,

We are new at this and in very early stages and just have a couple of questions regarding the Charlton by Porter Davis:

1. Would anyone happen to know the cost of the Fairview riverwalk facade as displayed at riverwalk in Werribee?

2. Where could we get a floor plan of the Charlton as displayed at woolert, I think from memory it was 40 something sq's not the 28 or 33 as displayed online?

3. Would anyone know what the colours of the exterior of the Vancouver as also displayed at riverwalk?

My partner and I are planning to build the Charlton 33 with the extended living areas similar to the display homes in Woolert and Werribee.

The price of the Fairview facade at Riverwalk is $15,900 (with glass to balcony), or $14,900 (with render to balcony).

You wont be able to get a floor plan of the Charlton at Woolert, but you can book an appointment with a sales consultant and they will walk you through telling you what's upgraded and what isn't. They'll also give you an obligation free quote for the upgrades you like. Also you can get the Charlton brochure which has the various floor plan options in it. We also found if there was something additional we wanted PD were pretty happy to accommodate where they could.

I have no idea what the colours are in the Vancouver, but usually the consultants at World of Style can help with those kinds of questions.
Hi, I am new to the forum. We are also looking to build a Charlton with Fairview facade with glass option. However, the cost quoted to me is 24,990. How can the price increase by almost 9K in an year?
Or am I missing something?
Hi Kannu,

Welcome to the forum.

The short answer to your question is No, you're not missing anything. The prices go up every year or every other year.
Hi kannu - the prices went up around May this year. The PD consultant explained to us that the facade was incorrectly prices before, hence the 15,900. They had employed a manager who looked at their pricing and concluded that the correct price for the fairview facade should be 24,900
We were lucky enough to sign up the week before the bumped up the price.

They did try and put the price up at Tender but because we signed up the week earlier they had to honour it.

We start our build on the Charlton 33 with extended kitchen/living next week, let me know if you have any questions.
Do you have a blog Macfarlane_Manor?
and did you have a tender appointment? I though advantage doesn't have any tender, and that it's straight through to contract.
I don't as yet but I am thinking of setting one up, I just don't know if we will get time to update it often.

We had a one day appointment, the first half was tender, the second was contract.

I complained after that we weren't given enough time to review the final price and make necessary changes and my BC advised if we had of asked for 2 separate appointments they would have accommodated.

Are you building the Charlton 33?
Kannu
Hi, I am new to the forum. We are also looking to build a Charlton with Fairview facade with glass option. However, the cost quoted to me is 24,990. How can the price increase by almost 9K in an year?
Or am I missing something?

OMG... i believe we've signed before that as well... so we have that 8,500 + 2k glass upgrade... and i'm already complaining..
... that 24,990 i would probably pass out.. lolz...

got a question with fairview facade. I just realized the plan they've made with us only rendered half of the side of the facade (lounge area side). The garage side is still facebrick... this totally surprised me as we were never informed that is going to be different from the picture and it was never mentioned during tender

Any farviewer got the same issue? How much is the cost to change facebrick of that garage to rendered (same in their brochure).
Just want to get idea first before asking them as it may be their chance to put me on that 25k price change... hehehe..
The render is priced differently to the facade cost so the facade won't increase, but you will be paying for the render separately.

In our promotion, we had the 2 pilars and the centre cross beam included so we only paid for the garage render which cost $1500.

Here is a pic of what our facade will look like when it is finished.

https://flic.kr/p/RvtMcp

Macfarlane_Manor
The render is priced differently to the facade cost so the facade won't increase, but you will be paying for the render separately.

In our promotion, we had the 2 pilars and the centre cross beam included so we only paid for the garage render which cost $1500.

Thanks Macfarlane for the info. Also, I love your facade. It blend very well with the bricks... are you running any blog
.. I'd love to follow your posts...
we got our quote for today. I can't believe they would come up with total rediculous pricey render cost. To render only our fairview facade cost us more than 10k?...
the garage render (previously cost 1500 from mcfarlane) now it 3,200. To render the two pillar and the beam are more than 7k..
hmnnn... understand they run a business.. but the price mark up are ... out of words to be honest
We were lucky, the 2 pilars and cross beam were included in our promotion so we only had to pay for the garage.. This is definitely something you can do afterwards
that's true.. the obvious option is after hand over.. glad it is still an option...
but i'm just wondering the glass balustrade.. seems like i had to cancel them as well..
they will put a wire rail as standard... not sure if it is something i can do after hand over as well.. because those secure posts might be different from standard to glass..
any clue?
.. i started to gain some hope here... thanks for the tips
This might be better to do through PD if you can, I would imagine there would be companies that replace/update balcony rails but I wouldn't imagine it would be cheap.. you might be better off doing it through PD that way its in your mortgage and you don't have to come up with the $$ to do it later.

I got a quote for render from an external company to do after handover and it was less than half the price PD quoted so we are going to assess if we actually want the render or if we are happy with what we have.
your suggestion makes total sense
.. thanks...
I'll definitely go the glass balustrade at builder.. One thing that i would do cover it with stuff (newpapers or plastics) with tapes when another tradesman do the render
.. so there's a bit of protection against cement drips and other materials..
sounds a good plan!
Illibug
watermill
Hi all,

My partner and I are planning to build the Charlton 33 with the extended living areas similar to the display homes in Woolert and Werribee.

The price of the Fairview facade at Riverwalk is $15,900 (with glass to balcony), or $14,900 (with render to balcony).

You wont be able to get a floor plan of the Charlton at Woolert, but you can book an appointment with a sales consultant and they will walk you through telling you what's upgraded and what isn't. They'll also give you an obligation free quote for the upgrades you like. Also you can get the Charlton brochure which has the various floor plan options in it. We also found if there was something additional we wanted PD were pretty happy to accommodate where they could.

I have no idea what the colours are in the Vancouver, but usually the consultants at World of Style can help with those kinds of questions.

Thanks Illibug. I get the idea that for Fairview Facade $15,900 is fair value. I have visited lots of display homes including Porter Davis, Carlisle & Metricon, Carlisle charge around $13000 for Fairview Facade. I visited Porter Davis Woolert display home. It is 38.9 Square house but Facade is not Fairview, it is Belmont Facade. Fairview facade is displayed at Highgrove, Clyde North (South Eastern Suburb)
Macfarlane_Manor

Thanks but that is the picture from Display. Would love if you can share the picture of finished Facade
Macfarlane_Manor

Thanks Macfarlane Manor.

I realised the picture you posted is from a Display Home as Wood Work in in front of Facade and Entry to the entrance door at ground floor is always extra and is never part of any facade.

Any how would love to see a picture of finished facade posted here.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum