Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Custom Dale Alcock in Wellard Village - we have the keys!

Page 25 of 33
Fantastic. What a nice short list!
Your kitchen is stunning.
Woohoo looks awesome
Love your kitchen can't wait to see all your lovely things.
Great that there's not a lot to do.
We just finished landscaping the back yard will put up some pics when it's mulched. Will have to wait for the water feature for a little bit. Front will be done in two weeks.
Congratulations on such a lovely hpuse.

rosemi
Woohooo awesome! Glad to see that there aren't too many things needing to be fixed. So when do you think you'll be moving in?

Btw, have you seen that climbing tower in the park just up from my block? Looks like its almost finished - looks awesome - almost wish i was a kid again...

We will be moved out of here by 20th September, once the painting and flooring is in, we can start shifting stuff a bit at a time.

I saw the beginnings of the tower the other day, was wondering what they were going to do with that raised are. It's pretty cool.
Looks like they are also doing the public art in the village centre park too

Thanks nelleebellee, Spuddles and Robina.
We had the fella from C & J decorative concrete out today for a quote for the driveway, he looks to know what he's doing which is good.
Then we went to Bunnings and bought 20L of sealer binder and 30L of wash n wear, and 4L of the wet area stuff. We prefer dulux paint but got it tinted kitty grey (solver).
We then got a small arsenal of painting paraphernalia; rollers, trays, edging thingos, a brush, extension pole, roller covers, trays and some numbers to go on the bins!

Just realised we didn't get the garage floor sealer, oh well I'm sure there will be many Bunnings trips over the coming months!

Woohoo for move-in date too! Look forward to seeing pics of thw flooring when its done

Yeah, I saw what looks like a group of tall metal flowers or something this afternoon on my way back home.

They've finished the climbing tower and taken away the barriers today. Looks awesome. I told my sister about it amd she asked me to take some photos - so muggins here was at the park this afternoon taking pics trying not to get blown away in the strong winds
That list isn't too bad W2T!
Sooo love your kitchen!!
And OMG, for painting paraphernalia!! Can't wait to see it come together

Love the kitchen

Thats a nice short list from PCI!
Countdown to keys... 2 sleeps.
We have been SO busy coordinating everything that has to happen now.
Mr W2T has next week off to paint.
Driveway is booked for 2nd Sept, next Friday. When they seal it they are also going to seal our garage floor. We were looking at all the different options to DIY, then Mr W2T says why don't you just see if the fellas can when they seal the aggregate?
Too easy apparently and cost wise about the same as getting the equipment from Bunnings.
Very happy there!

Trying to get the landscape plan finalised, just making sure our amendments to the driveway shape fit in with what was approved on building permit. Our landscape lady was concerned the council would need to check the footings for our crossover but in all our correspondence from council (building permit and crossover rebate info) there's no mention of that being needed.
TBH I gather they don't even check crossovers before paying the rebate, but anyway!

Our aircon has to go after our aggregate as we're getting part of a path down the side of the house for the aircon unit to sit on. We'll do the rest later but want it to blend in, rather than sitting it on concrete slabs.
Aircon man says he's prefer to do it before the floors but I want to leave the aggregate people a rain date in case they can't wash and seal when scheduled.

Waiting to hear back from flooring people, shutters/blinds/curtains company and security door people.

Have decided to wait to do our skirting boards, probably mid October, need to organise a revised quote from skirting boards WA and Custom Creations has also been recommended so need to get in touch with them too.

Having a cleaner come out to quote an exit clean at the rental on Monday, we handed notice to the REA this week - giving keys back on Thursday 22nd.
We've decided to DIY the move after all, we have a large trailer and Mr W2T has access to a big van/small truck from work.
Once the garage is sealed I can move our storage shelves to the new place and start taking stuff over. Good to have the room in the triple to store cartons, as we are only 1.4km down the road we shall just load up the cars each evening and ferry it across.
Anyway that's my novel for today, better get back to organising the next thing - TV aerial and NBN.

Our of interest, anyone get their SS/CLO a thank you gift? I'm thinking a carton of Corona and bottle of wine/big box of chocolates?

So exciting w2t! The next 2 days will go quickly, although they will seem to take for-ev-er-r-r-r!
If my build keeps going at the cracking pace it currently is & without any major issues, i think i'll definitely be getting a slab of beers for my SS!
Wow its all happening. Yer i was thinking beer would be a great thank you gift for our ss too

Good to see someone is so organised.

I brought a carton for the brickies, because they did a great job, and very quick too.
Unfortunately with our SS, there has been a couple of times where we have suggested something, and he has said it's too hard, and told the tradies to do it the normal way. Then we speak to the tradies, and they say they don't like the normal way.
spuddles76
Good to see someone is so organised.

I brought a carton for the brickies, because they did a great job, and very quick too.
Unfortunately with our SS, there has been a couple of times where we have suggested something, and he has said it's too hard, and told the tradies to do it the normal way. Then we speak to the tradies, and they say they don't like the normal way.

We took down some sausage rolls/cupcakes/coke for our Slab concreters and then a carton for the brickies on a Saturday lunchtime. Think our SS deserves a cold one!

Guess what day it is today!!

Congrats W2T, have a good one today can't wait to see pictures

Keys day! Exciting! What time is your appointment? Morning or arvo?
8am at the house to meet with SS for final inspection, 10am at the office for the keys.

Busy morning when I finally haul myself out of bed, kids to school a bit early, go to the house, then race down to Trevors to sign a variation for the flooring (I decided to go with the dark grey oak after all).

Then we're going up to Dales HQ in Osborne Park for the keys. Whilst in the area we're doing an IKEA run to get a desk for our daughter and one for the study. Gotta make use of our August IKEA family $25 discount vouchers. Hopefully another better offer next month when I want to buy a coffee table!
Then it's back to Wellard for the very exciting unlocking of the front door

We're going to take over our small fridge and outdoor table and chairs so we've got somewhere to sit and to keep things cold during the painting week.
Family are all coming for pizza and champagne for dinner and we're going to put the kids in the bath!
We haven't had a bath for 15 months whilst we've been renting so I think they will enjoy it!

👍awesome
Related
6/07/2023
CUSTOM BUILDER RECOMMENDATIONS WESTERN MELBOURNE

Building A New House

Hello, we can help you please get in contact 0421019219 thank you

4/09/2023
Wide floor plan volume/semi-custom

Building A New House

Hi, Seeking volume or semi-custom builder in victoria(east), which have existing double story wide floor plans. Seeking 18-20m wide homes with depth of 12-15m long. Or…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum